Jun’s Decision

Going Back to Where We Started

Jun’s Decision

Jun never thought that things would be this hard for him. Not only Nino confessed to him and but also Sho seemed distant ever since he saw him and Nino together. This was certainly an interesting birthday that he had in all of his existence. Jun stared at his face in front of the mirror of the bath and scrutinized it. His face was still the same: jaw lines, eyebrows, nose, lips, and eyes were perfect.

The only things that he noticed which was very annoying were those wrinkles that he got this past few days. I know I’m getting older but this is stupid, he thought. I have to settle this in a manly manner. I have to face them all and tell them about what I truly feel. He knew that they all might fight because of his and Nino’s childish and selfish ways and it should end soon.

***

It was already eleven in the morning and the sun was shining brightly as they all went to the beach and decided to take in the scenery. Though together, every member seemed distant and was not talking to each other. Jun took note of this but he thought that he will discuss the matters later after lunch.

They were all in their trunks and each was in their own worlds. Nino was staring far away and didn’t seem to see the other people that passed by. His mind was floating and his thoughts occupied it along with his feelings for the youngest member. He sighed deeply from time to time and didn’t speak to the others.

Ohno seemed normal when it comes to spacing out which was his specialty. However, today was an exception. He was aware of the other members’ actions and it really bothered him. How am I supposed to tell them? He thought about Jun and the surprise that he had in mind. It would be hard to give Jun his present with this kind of atmosphere.

Aiba was just like Ohno except for the part where he was only thinking about his present. I have to buy in the souvenir store nearby without them noticing me. He looked at the others and he realized that his presence was not that important to them now. So, he acted without thinking. He left and went to the store in his mind and brought the gift that he will give to Jun.

 Sho was busily making a sand castle to take his mind off Jun and Nino. He knew that they have their own issues and didn’t care anymore. He just wanted to see if Jun wore the gift that he gave. But seeing that the latter wasn’t wearing it, he just got depressed even more. It was the most expensive gift that he had given and hurts because the person that he had given it to wasn’t even wearing it.

***

“Jun-kun! Jun-kun!” Aiba shouted as he ran towards Jun.

He was holding bags of souvenirs and he meant to give them all to Jun. He panted and almost stood on all fours when he reached Jun who was lying on a mat on the beach. There was an umbrella that he hid his face to be protected from the harmful rays of the sun. It was already twelve and the sun was striking its powerful heat on all the people on the beach.

“Nande?” Jun asked, looking for the owner of the voice.

He spotted Aiba, two meters away from his umbrella, catching his breath as he walked slowly to him. Jun noticed the bags and he laughed silently. It was hilarious to see Aiba with plenty of bags that were almost the same color of his skin. It seemed that Aiba didn’t use sunblock and the latter was now covered in red and pink patches, prominent reaction of sunburn.

“Happy Birthday!” Aiba greeted him. His Japanese intonation was prominent and this made Jun stifle another laugh.

Aiba handed Jun the bags. “These are for you,” he said.

“Oh, arigatou,” Jun thanked him and began inspecting the bags. They were heavy and it seemed that they were full of food.

“You’re welcome,” Aiba said, starting to walk away slowly.

***

The guys went back to their hotel when they felt that the heat was starting to kill them. It was already one in the afternoon that they found themselves in the shelter of the hotel’s dining area wherein there were countless of food in the buffet. They filled their plates and retreated to their table and began to dig in silently.

Ohno being himself, he ate the food and said, “Umai!” many times.

“Leader,” Jun said, “You’ve been too pleased with the food, and do you even know what they are?”

“No. But they are all good,” he said truthfully.

All of them laughed along with Jun and this made their lunch a little lighter. Their moods were now getting calmer and this was the chance that Jun wanted. I really will talk to them this time, he said to himself firmly.

~~~

A/N: This time, it's Jun's right to be happy. The last thing that Jun wanted was to make his friends sad so he had the ultimate solution. Will he tell them that something happened between him and Nino? Will Sho forgive Jun? Will Aiba end up in some remote area that will supply him with brains? haha

I hope that you are enjoying this and the last chapter will be revealed soon. Thank you for taking time to comment (you know who you are). :)