Anger

Going Back to Where We Started

As Aiba entered the van, he sensed something bad coming from the four. He knew that his action today would cost a lot. He smiled apologetically to Ohno who, nonetheless, already forgave him. Aiba sighed heavily. The three really were mad at him since they weren’t really looking at his way. He sat down beside Ohno who was never mad for long. It was in Ohno’s nature to forgive and forget but the others were definitely not like their leader.

The driver started the engine as soon as Aiba sat down and he drove carefully but fast in the streets of Tokyo towards Japan Airlines. Arashi has their own plane in the airline as a commemoration for their hard work and also because of their fame. They were the first ones to have their own plane and even their seniors were envious of this.

As awkward silence enveloped the five, Aiba wanted to clear the air because he couldn’t take the silence anymore. Aiba was known for his big mouth and jolly personality and he felt suffocated with the stillness of his friends. He mustered all his courage and thought that he would be forgiven easily by the others if he were to apologize now.

“Uh…” Aiba cleared his throat to let them recognize his presence, “Gomen!”

He pleaded to the others but they didn’t care. Sho was pretending to be sleeping; Nino was playing his Nintendo 3 DS with his earphones on and Jun was trying to read a book in the moving van. Evidently, the others still wouldn’t accept his apology. He turned to Ohno but their leader was already asleep with his head on the window.

***

When they reached the airlines, the others were still not talking to Aiba let alone to each other. They walked fast onto the plane when the driver dropped them off to the terminal. Maybe I should apologize again, Aiba thought. With all his courage shattered, he still wanted to try and get the others’ forgiveness. He never even wanted to be late.

As they entered the airplane, the guys were now alone except for two beautiful stewardesses and the pilots. They sat down on their respective seats and Sho, known to be a heavy drinker, went to the refrigerator and went to get some beer.

“Sho-kun,” Ohno addressed the rapper, “Don’t drink too much.”

“Roger that,” the rapper answered. Sho only wanted to clear his anger off of Aiba. He didn’t want to be angry for long since it also affects the others and he was also concerned about Jun’s behavior. He never thought that he would also be angry with Aiba with his mistake. Usually, Jun didn’t care about these kinds of things, especially Aiba’s stupidity.

He chugged down half of the beer in an instant and he felt calm already. He noticed that Aiba might pee his pants wet because of the intensity of the silence and he decided to make amends with the latter now. He closed in to Aiba’s seat and it caught Aiba’s attention.

***

Aiba’s heartbeat suddenly went fast. He felt that it might explode with the rate that it was going. He saw Sho nearing his seat and clearly the eyes of Sho were up to something bad. He did not know if he should run away but even if he did, there were no other rooms to hide in the plane. What is he planning to do? Aiba mused, scared of what their rapper would do to him.

He shifted his position and turned his attention to the window in his left side. He tried to shrug off his imagination and decided to count all the airplanes that were beside theirs. One, two, three…ten, eleven, twelve… he counted on his mind.

Without a warning, while counting all the planes, he felt a heavy smack on the back of his head. “Ouch!” Aiba exclaimed. He turned around to see Sho whose eyes were with a killing intent. He saw that the latter was holding a bottle of beer and Aiba realized that he was intoxicated already.

“That’s for making us wait!” Sho spat.

“Sorry,” Aiba now stood up and bowed in the lowest angle that he could.

The others snickered. They knew that this was going to happen with Sho always irritated with Aiba’s stupidity but they also knew that the rapper had already forgiven Aiba with this kind of action. It was the only way that Sho could get off the steam in his system.

“Daijoubu, daijoubu,” Nino said to Aiba. “We knew already that something like this would happen.” Nino patted Aiba’s shoulder to acknowledge his sincere forgiveness.

Jun just laughed along with the others to show them that he has also forgiven Aiba’s mistake. After the incident, the others went back to their own worlds but now, Aiba can relax and talk with them. Sho was the only one who noticed that something was a little different with their youngest member and he kept it to himself.

~~~

A/N: Guys, what do you think will happen next? Why does Sho think that there was something different about Jun?

I hope that you enjoyed this. It's almost Jun's birthday!!