Gift: Aiba’s Idea

Going Back to Where We Started

Everything that Aiba suggests usually comes up with a smack on the head or a nudge on the sides but not this time. As Aiba told the others about his idea, even Ohno was surprised to learn that Aiba’s idea was not that bad this time. In fact, they all thought that they should try it out. With the master planner of schemes, Nino confided his plan with Aiba’s idea.

It was natural for Aiba to think about his idea since Hawaii had a nice weather even at night. All the boys believed that Jun’s birthday would be the perfect one this year. All of them knew that Jun was the most girly-girl when it comes to attitude and they wanted to get back on him (in a good way). Aiba’s idea was to make him feel like a princess in his birthday.

Each of them would do something good, something noticeable but not too obvious for Jun to react well. In surprises, Jun was at a disadvantage. He sometimes doesn’t notice things until it was too late. With this note, they decided that their deeds would be unknown to the others as well just to keep the game better. Their resolve was that the gift that Jun thought was the best will be the winner. They parted ways and left each one to their own schemes.

***

While the others pondered, Jun was staying on the veranda of his room. Each of the boys was sharing their hotel rooms except for Jun, who wanted to be alone. He was gazing at the stars as he breathed the fresh air that Hawaii has to offer. He didn’t care about the others who were talking and enjoying. He wanted to be alone to savor the moment. It was the only time that he felt happy being solitary.

“What to do? What to do?” Jun thought out loud.

Jun soon decided to head to the beach near the hotel and took a swim. Wearing only his black trunks, he jumped to the beach and swam. “Good,” he said. “The water’s just right.”

Floating with his face looking at the sky, he felt a little better. The stress from his anxiety seemed to be fading a bit. Maybe I should do this more often, he mused. He was a good swimmer and sometimes, he used to swim when he had a break but because of too many projects these days, he wasn’t able to relax like this.

***

Nino wanted to be the first to surprise Jun and he already thought well of his plan. He was to sneak in Jun’s room an hour before his birthday and from there, he will be planning his surprise attack. It was then that Jun went to the beach that Nino got his opportunity. Nino entered Jun’s room and he got to work.

Putting relaxing candles and lighting them, the aroma flooded the room. This would help him keep calm, Nino reflected. He also turned off the air conditioner which might be the cause of a fire along with the candles. He chose to turn on the fan instead. After preparing, he smiled to himself thinking that it was a great plan that he thought.

***

Jun finished his swim just right about the time that it turned 12. He toweled off the sea water and covered his upper body with the towel. This time, he was satisfied with his relaxation and his nerves were able to cool down. He was now feeling better.

As took the things that he brought with him, his towel, handphone, ipod, and slippers, he went back to his room in the hotel. Not knowing what was in store, he entered his room and a calming aroma wafted to his nostrils. Eh? What’s this? Jun was shocked to find three candles lit in his room.

Jun then heard something shuffling inside the bath. “Who’s there?”

This time, Nino went out and showed himself to the birthday boy, “Happy Birthday, Jun-kun!”

~~~

A/N: What do you think will happen next? It's already almost over. It's sad that I have to end it so quickly but it's almost August 29 and I need to get this finished by then. So... What do you think is Nino's surprise to Jun? Is it possible that Jun will like Nino's better?

Keep on reading to find out! Looking forward to your comments. :)