Waiting

Going Back to Where We Started

“Sho-kun,” Ohno Satoshi called the rapper. They were going in on a trip to Hawaii, the place where they had their debut on 1999. They had lots of memories there and all of the members of Arashi are going back to reminisce.

“Un?” Sho Sakurai looked at their leader.

Even called as the leader of the group, Ohno looked nothing like a leader. Losing only in their game of Janken, he was made the group’s leader though in Arashi’s thirteen years of experience, the members have yet found a tiny ounce of leadership in Ohno’s personality but they respected him.

The two, Sho and Ohno, were still waiting for the three inside their van which was already set to go to the airport. With their time, the two were always the fastest when it comes to these kinds of things. With Aiba as the slowest when it comes to everything, Jun and Nino were sure to be the ones to handle him the most.

“I think we need to inform Matsujun that we need to get going already,” Ohno told Sho, “I bet Aiba is being stupid again.”

“Roger that,” Sho said while fishing for his handphone from his pocket.

***

Ring, ring, ring…

Jun Matsumoto quickly took his handphone from the duffel bag that he was holding. He looked at the screen to see who the caller was and immediately answered it.

“Yeah?” he answered. He was already running towards the exit of the building towards to where their van was parked.

His footsteps were echoing on the marbled floors of Johnny’s Entertainment building as he ran. The bag that he was carrying was heavy yet he wanted to get there as fast as he could. He overslept so he had to rush so much that morning.

“Are Nino and Aiba-kun with you?” Sho asked. There was a slight buzzing from Sho’s line which meant that his handphone was losing its battery power already.

“Nope,” Jun replied, “I am already at the exit. See you in a bit.”

With that said, Jun hang up the phone and quickly went out of the building. It was a little hot outside and he was wearing a black leather coat on top of his purple shirt. He took the coat off and held it on his right hand. As he neared the white van, he saw that Ohno and Sho were already there.

Damn, they beat me! He thought. Oh well, at least I’m not the last. He walked slowly now since he knew that the other two were still not there. He had an idea about the two but he was not really sure about it so he just shrugged the thought out of his head. He entered the van and sat down beside Sho.

“Yo!” Jun greeted the two with his smile that melts all girls’ hearts away.

“Yo!” The two greeted back.

The three were silent but not for long. They noticed that Nino was already closing in on the van with his luggage. He was wearing a white shirt and yellow shorts that matched with his Dockers. Kazunari Ninomiya was one of the best singers of the group and they guessed that he was busy with a solo recording that he had earlier.

“Sorry,” Nino apologized to the three.

“No need to worry,” said Sho while scrunching his eyes, looking towards the building.

***

“Oh, no!” Masaki Aiba was still in his bed. Looking at the clock on his bedside table, he realized that the alarm didn’t work and he was already an hour late.

He searched for his handphone but he couldn’t find it anywhere. The guys probably left me already, he thought badly. If Jun and Nino were always sleepy, nobody wins against them but Aiba. He was always like this that the guys usually hit him when he does something stupid like being late just like now. They were going to Hawaii today because it was where they debuted and on the next day, it would be Jun’s birthday.

The four boys of Arashi always wanted to celebrate Jun’s birthday in a special way since he was the last to celebrate for the whole year. Matsujun, as the members endearingly calls him, was the favorite of the group and they tend to baby him when it comes to celebrations such as this.

Aiba ran around, rummaging all the nooks and crannies of his room only to find that his phone was under the sheets of his bed. Stupid, he called himself. He opened his phone and saw that there were already ten messages left and twenty missed calls from the boys. ! They’re going to kill me.

He first opened the last message sent which was from Sho. When it comes to anger, Sho was one of the worst when it comes to Aiba’s negligence. Aiba gulped and breathed hard before he read the message:

 

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??! ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

 

Sho will definitely kill him when he gets there. So, Aiba rushed his bath, packed only important things into a backpack and went sprinting to the van. And within an hour and 20 minutes of waiting, he came to the place where his groupmates were waiting impatiently for him.

TBC