xxxvii. Angel Feathers and Secrets

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

Chanyeol laughs as feathers rain down on him, there are people throwing pillows and breaking them from every which way. He's delighted, and the child in him can't help it as he picks up as many as he can before throwing them at everyone and yet no one in particular. He looks around, noticing that everyone is having fun, except within the crowd of familiar faces, Chanyeol realises that one very important face is missing: Baekhyun's. The feathers cloud his vision, and no matter how hard he tries, he can't see Baekhyun anywhere. And finally he does.

His boyfriend is leaning against the rails, far away from everyone else, a small smile on his face, and Chanyeol relaxes immediately. Despite the fact that he's dressed in black, the white feathers falling around Baekhyun makes him look like an angel, and Chanyeol just admires the sight for a moment before he feels a hand on his shoulder. He turns away from Baekhyun and is met with a face full of feathers. He can hear Jongdae snickering. After he can see again, Chanyeol yells that Jongdae is dead, only for the other to start laughing hysterically before turning and trying to run away. The taller male chases after him, but between the feathers and all the people, he loses him.

Sighing and giving up, he grumpily stalks back to where he had been looking at Baekhyun only to see what he's no longer there. He frowns, spinning and trying to find him. And then Baekhyun's right next to him, whispering into his ear. Chanyeol blushes slightly when he hears him say that he loves him, and then he says something about wanting to kiss him… He stays fairly close to Chanyeol after that.

Afterwards, when they're leaving the stage, Chanyeol asks Baekhyun why he was leaning against that railing away from everyone else. He just smiles though, mumbling something about being tired, and maybe feeling a little sick. And then Baekhyun is pulling Chanyeol away from the stream of people. They end up making out in a closet, and Chanyeol is feeling a little breathless because Baekhyun is being a little more aggressive than usual. They kiss until Baekhyun's phone starts ringing, and Junmyeon is frantically asking where they are, and yelling that they are leaving. Blushing, before laughing nervously, they share one last soft kiss before running off, sneaking glances at each other, like they're communicating wordlessly, sending secret messages to each other.

They hold hands as they sneak back into the line of people still trying to exit the building. Eventually their hands leave each other’s, and they go back to having conversations with other people, but still smiling. In between the other conversations, and the secret glances at each other, Baekhyun and Chanyeol both realise that their bond is no longer just physical, but deeply emotional. It's at the point where they love each other so much that nothing else even matters anymore, because even when they're apart, they're still together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay first of all, i'm sorry this is kind of late because in many parts of the world it's already Friday... and also, I'm not sure why I wrote this? but it was inspired by uh... MAMA, the awards ceremony, that is. at the end, with the feathers, and there was this fancam with Baekhyun standing off to the side, and then this happened... anyway, hope you liked it ^_^

Thank you so much to everyone that commented, subscribed, and just read this one, and my previous drabbles <3 your support means the world to me! ^_^

So until next week, and hopefully it'll be up on Thursday... but I make no promises.