xxvii. Love Song (1/2)

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

"Chanyeol-ah," Baekhyun says excitedly, poking the taller male. "Let's practice a song together for our next radio show."

"Sure," Chanyeol says, looking up from his guitar. "Which song?"

"Love Song by Bumkey and Rhythmking," Baekhyun replies happily. "I think it'd be great, although I may need to sing most of the song in falsetto…"

"Is this going to be a public declaration of your love to me?" Chanyeol teases, poking Baekhyun playfully.

"No," Baekhyun says, blushing. "I just really love this song, and it's a good opportunity to learn English."

"Okay, Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol replies, obviously not believing him. "Whatever you say."

"Shut up!" Baekhyun yells, before punching Chanyeol's arm. "You're mean…" He turns away from the other, crossing his arms together, and pouting cutely.

"I'm sorry, Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol says sincerely, laying a gentle hand upon the other's shoulder. "Let's just uh, run through this, okay?"

After a moment, Baekhyun nods and turns around again. He hands Chanyeol a copy of the music, before sitting down next to him with his own copy.

"Let me just uh… try this a couple times," Chanyeol says, staring at the music notes. "Then you can sing along."

Baekhyun nods, and turns to look at the paper in front of him. Chanyeol tries to play it through, but finds that it's a lot harder than he thought it would be. He plays it through until he's relatively comfortable with the song.

"Okay, let's give it a go."

Baekhyun's vocals are perfect, but Chanyeol's struggling; it always take him quite a bit of time to really know a song. By the end of the day, Chanyeol knows the song well enough, but it's still not good enough to him. They have one more day until the radio show, and Chanyeol knows that he needs to have this perfected by then.

 

No mistakes. Half way through the day, he manages to make it through the entire song without a single mistake. Baekhyun notices as well and beams at him.

"Good job, Chanyeol-ah!" Baekhyun exclaims. "I'm proud of you."

Chanyeol just smiles slightly, before setting his guitar aside.

"Can we take a break?" He asks, looking at Baekhyun. "I'm just so tired…"

"Of course," Baekhyun replies, standing up. "I'll go get us some drinks, okay?"

And before Chanyeol protest or respond, Baekhyun is out the door. He's back with five minutes with two bottles in his hands. Baekhyun hands one to Chanyeol before sitting down in his chair again.

"Tomorrow's going to be great," Baekhyun says happily, opening the bottle and taking a sip. "You sound perfect!"

"You sound better," Chanyeol replies, a half smile on his lips. "I pale in comparison to you."

"Nonsense," Baekhyun waves his hand in dismissal. "I'm only good because of you."

"You're just saying that…" Chanyeol places the drink down next to his chair and picks the guitar up again. "Let's go again?"

Baekhyun is in middle of drinking, and is startled by the rather sudden suggestion, but he nods quickly and gets ready to start again. They practice until Chanyeol is pleased with his playing and Baekhyun is pretty close to losing his voice, before they call it a night.

 

The song is going well, Baekhyun's vocals are on point and Chanyeol is playing pretty well, no mistakes yet. It isn't until they get to the middle, the part where there are no vocals. At that moment, he looks at Baekhyun, and there is just the most breathtaking smile on his face, so he makes a mistake, playing the wrong note. He then pauses for the briefest of moments and hears Baekhyun laughing from beside him.

He remembers the tempo and the notes, and then Baekhyun's singing again, and it was like what just happened, never had. When the song ends, they turn and look at each other. Chanyeol can see the love and adoration in Baekhyun's eyes, and his heart skips a beat. Baekhyun says thank you into the microphone, and then they're walking back to their seats, Baekhyun's hand tightly grasped in his.

 

"I think that went great," Baekhyun whispers. "Don't you?"

"No," Chanyeol mutters, not looking at the other. "I messed up."

"That was probably my fault," Baekhyun tells him, placing his head upon the other's shoulders. "I'm sorry…"

"No, I messed up," Chanyeol sighs. "Maybe you should find someone else to play guitar for you next time…"

"No!" Baekhyun exclaims, a little louder than he had intended. "I only want you to play for me… I refuse to sing to anyone else playing guitar."

"Baekhyunnie…"

"And you have to promise me something too," Baekhyun stares into Chanyeol's eyes and waits until he nods. "I want you to promise me that you'll never play for anyone else to sing along to but me."

Chanyeol chuckles lightly, and smiles at Baekhyun.

"Okay, I promise."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's another one... this isn't anyone's request, I just had this idea, so I made it as a two-parter with someone's request ^_^

Thank you to everyone that subscribed and commented <3 It really means so much! I know I say this every single time, but it's true.

So until next week, which will be --inspiritic's request ^_^