xxv. Childish Wishes

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

This is for zeeexoblueicy1, she requested BaekYeol with children. I hope this is okay OTL

 

Baekhyun watches the children running back and forth in front of him, and smiles; he has always loved children, and he loves seeing them happy. He sees a small boy running towards him just as a ball hits his legs. Bending down, he picks the ball up as the child skids to a stop in front of him.

"Here you go," He says kindly. "Be careful now."

The little boy nods and grins widely at him before running away again. He stops next to a couple of other boys, and they're all talking until the child points at Baekhyun and waves, Baekhyun waves back, laughing. He lets his arms fall to his side as his wide grin becomes just a slight smile. Baekhyun misses those days, those carefree days where he didn't have to worry about all the things that he needs to worry about today. Baekhyun's eyes are still on the same child, and see him running towards him again. The ball bounces off the tip of his shoe, and he's about to bend down and pick it up again when a gentle hand on his shoulder stops him.

"Here you go," Chanyeol is saying to the child, handing him the ball. "You're lucky we were standing here. Don't lose it now."

The little boy smiles and is about to leave again when Baekhyun, quite suddenly, wraps his arms around him rather tightly.

"Promise me…" He whispers. "Promise me that you will always keep smiling, never lose that, okay?"

He pulls away from the child and places his hands on his shoulders. The little boy doesn't say anything, but he does seem really confused.

"Please, keep smiling." Baekhyun repeats.

The child smiles widely before nodding happily.

"Good, I'm going to hold you to that, okay?" The vocalist says. "Pinky promise."

Baekhyun releases his grip on the child's shoulders and sticks out a pinky. The little boy eagerly sticks his out as well and wraps it around his. For a brief moment, their pinkies stay connected, until Baekhyun pulls his finger away.

"Now go play," He says as he stands up again. "Be happy."

The little boy nods excitedly before running off while waving back at them.

"Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol says, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Baekhyun replies, tilting his head back and looking at the other. "Just a little stressed…"

"I can understand that," Chanyeol mumbles, kissing Baekhyun's forehead. "Come on, we should get back to the others. Want me to carry you?"

"Would you mind, Chanyeol-ah?" Baekhyun's voice is small, and he's no longer looking at the children. "Just for a little bit…"

"No, it's fine," He smiles as he releases the other and gets on to one knee. "Come on, get on my back."

Baekhyun grins widely before climbing on to the other's back.

"Here we go!" Chanyeol yells and wraps his arms around the other's legs before standing up, lifting Baekhyun off the ground. "Hold on tight!"

Baekhyun laughs as Chanyeol carries him down the street, already feeling much better. He places his head on top of his boyfriend's, feeling completely content, because for that brief period of time he can pretend that he is a child again.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is at least slightly what you wanted? OTL If it's not, or you just don't like it, I'll write you another one...

Oh my god, thank you to everyone that subscribed, and commented and upvoted ; A ; I still can't believe there are so many of you, like what? Please feel free to request ^_^ I'll get to them as soon as possible =3

So, I'm going to start posting on a, hopefully, weekly basis, so next will be IguessSoYeah's request =3