iii. On a Boat, Out at Sea

BaekYeol Drabble Collection (On Hiatus)

"Hey, Baekhyun-ah," Chanyeol says, taking the spot next to Baekhyun. "What are you looking at?"

"Just the water," He replies, not even turning to look at the other. "It's… nice to be out here like this."

Chanyeol just nods, agreeing with him, and then neither of them speaks for a long time, both just admiring the water, enjoying this brief period of relaxation time.

"What are you thinking about?" Chanyeol asks, looking at the other once again. "You've been awfully quiet."

"I miss my parents and grandparents," Baekhyun says, still looking out at the water, but Chanyeol is almost sure that he sees a tear trail down his face. "I'm just thinking about the way that they used to always bring me out to the lake, and I miss that… These days, we very rarely get to see our parents…"

Chanyeol reaches a hand out and wipes away the tear that has escaped Baekhyun's eye. He understands what he is saying; they all do.

"I miss them too, Baekhyun-ah," The taller male tells him, leaning against the railing and staring out at the ocean. "We have each other though."

Chanyeol can feel Baekhyun's eyes on him, so he turns to look at him again. He smiles at the smaller male, hoping to reassure him.

"You'll always have me." The rapper tells him, placing an arm around his shoulders, and feeling Baekhyun lean his head upon him.

They stay like that for the majority of their trip on that little boat. They pretend like they aren't out in public, and that they are all alone. The illusion is shattered soon enough, when the boat comes to a stop and they are all ushered back on to land and into their bus. Chanyeol isn't too upset, though, because despite how short it has been, he knew that this was a moment that he wouldn't easily forget. Baekhyun smiles at him as their eyes meet, and Chanyeol knows that the same goes for him as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really short one... ^_^;; Um, anyways, I hope you liked it?

Thank you to everyone that subscribed and took the time to comment! I love you <3

So until the next one on... Tuesday, probably =3