Mysterious Guy

Destiny

“I am Kris.” Kris gazes at her.

“Kris…Are you American by any chance?” Yoonah’s eyes met Kris’s eyes.

“Yes I am, well actually I am half Canadian and half Chinese.” He shifted his gaze to his phone.

“Chincha!” Yoonah yelled.

“YAH! Stop yelling. God, one day you will make me go deaf by your yelling.” He got irritated.

“Hey, I am just surprise that you are half Chinese and half Canadian. To be honest I could tell that you are not Korean, but surprisingly your Korean is very fluent.” She sticks her tongue out at him.

 Kris scoffed at her childish behavior. “For your information I have been living in Korea for 5 years now. How would I survive living here if I don’t learn the language?”

She couldn’t believe that this jerk was making her look stupid just because she was surprise on how he can speak Korean fluently.

“I can’t believe you still act like a 5 year old kid,” Kris shook his head.

Her face started to heat up with Kris remark about her. “I do not act like one. You know what when I first lay my eyes on you I thought you were cute, but you have a horrible personality.” She clucked her tongue.

Kris let out a small little laugh. “Do you think I really care what you think about me huh? If you are going to live with me I suggest you to be nice to me because I am the one that is letting you stay at house.”

“Wait wait, hold up. You were the one that offer me to let me stay at your house; I wasn’t the one to make that decision. Second of all, I can go find an apartment that I can live in so that I won’t be living with you. Lastly if you were nice to me I would be nice to you back. Haha, who am I kidding you wouldn’t know how to be nice to be a person at all because you only know how to be a jerk.” She retaliated.

Kris’s eyes widen because he was never got talking back too, she was the FIRST to do so. Kris knew that she was going to be a handle to take care. What the heck he thinks that he made the wrong decision to let her live in his home.

“You don’t know me at all so don’t make any assumptions. If I was a jerk I would just leave you to the curve and let you be homeless while you’re at it. Now Wouldn’t I? However, I give you props for talking back to me because NO ONE I mean NO ONE has ever talked back to me.” Kris argued back.

She was quite because she didn’t have anything to say back at him and she knew that he was right. “I am sorry….” She mumbled quietly.

Kris heard her perfectly and scoffed, but didn’t say anything because he didn’t want to argue with her anymore.

Kris started to yawn due to the lack of sleep because of the stress he have been having during this pass couple of weeks. He looked at the clock and it was 1am already. *Wow, it’s getting late. I think I should get some sleep before I have to take this girl to my home*

Before Kris was about to sleep he went over to her bed to check up on her. Kris chuckled, “You look like an angel when you sleep, but when you start talking you become like a devil. I like it when you are like this.”

He tucked one piece of her hair behind her ear so that he could study her features. She actually did look like an angel when she slept.

After he was down gazing at her, he then went back to his chair and fined a comfortable sleeping position so that when he wakes up he wouldn’t have any back pain.

With that said he closed his eyes and drifted off to dreamland.

~Flashback~

“Mama, Mama.” The little boy came running to his mommy.

“Hey baby, don’t run or you will fall and I don’t want you to get hurt.” The mother ruffled her son’s hair.

The boy nodded and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“What was that kiss for bǎobèi?” She carried him and putted him on her lap.

“Because I love you mommy,” the boy made a heart shape with his chubby fingers.

The mother chuckled at his cuteness. “Wo ai ni bǎobèi,” she kissed him on his forehead.

“Wo ai ni mommy,” he said again.

~End of Flashback~

Kris immediately jolted from his sleep, * Wo ai ni mom*. Kris saw the bed empty; he started to panicked because he lost her. *Where did she go? Aish, if I was a girl where would I be?* He kept on brainstorming where she would be in the hospital until he looked out of the window…

“That girl looks exactly like her wait that is her!!” Kris ran out of the room and went to the garden.

When Kris ran to the garden he spotted her playing with little kids, they were running around chasing after each other. It looked like they were having fun because the little kids were giggling and they had a huge plastic smile on their faces.

However, there was one little girl that caught Kris’s eyes. He notices that she was crying because she had a little oo on her left knee. Kris’s eyes widen and ran up to the little girl that was crying.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kris bent down to her.

The little girl didn’t say anything and kept on crying.

Kris didn’t know what to do because he never really knew how to calm kids down when they are crying. “Don’t cry princess, look the pain went away.” He kissed her oo and formed a bird flying away with his hands.

The little girl sniffed and looked Kris’s bird flying away in the air. She started to giggle which made Kris form a genuine smile on his face.

To be honest Kris loves kids, he dreamed of having a family of his own with two kids running around the backyard having fun. He would image himself taking his family to different places so that they can see different things around them and learn new things. Kris knew that when that day comes of having a family he would always cherish his children and would always show them love and affection so that his kids would always know that he will always love them no matter what.

“Sweetie, can you tell Oppa your name?” Kris picked her up.

“I’m Minhae,” she smiled.

“Omo, you have a cute name.” He placed her down to a bench.

“What is your name?” She swings her legs back and forth.

“I am Kris. So do you mind me of telling me on how you got that oo on your knee?” He looked at her.

“I was running around and then I tripped on something.” She stares at her shoes because she was embarrassed.

Kris stands up, walks towards to the little girl and bent down to her height. “Minhae look at me, it is okay that you fall you know why kids like you will sometime fall, you know what when I was around your age I would always fall a lot. Hey, you have to promise me that you will never hurt yourself again and if you don’t promise me, Oppa will be very sad.” Kris pretends to cry.

“Don’t cry Oppa. Minhae promise that she will never hurt herself ever again.” She held out her pinky.

Kris wrapped his pinky around her little pinky and uses his thumb to touch hers. They both giggled and started to play with each other. He carried her over his head and then the little girl slid her legs on his shoulder.

When Minhae was on Kris’s shoulder she felt like she was going to fall off at any second because Kris was to dang tall, but Kris was holding on her legs tightly so that she wouldn’t fall off and which made the little girl felt safe then being scared.

Little did Kris know, you where watching him playing with the little girl. How, can a tall guy that has a bad attitude like Kris be good so good with kids?  You chuckled at Kris being cute with that little girl, while you kept on looking at them you accidently tripped over a rock.

“Ouch,” you rubbed your ankle.

Kris and Minhae turned their heads to where they heard the sound and they founded you on the ground. Minhae looked at Kris and nudged him to go over there to see if you are okay. Kris couldn’t say no to her so he listens to her and started to walk towards you.

“Are you okay?” Minhae got off of Kris’s shoulders and walked up to you.

“I am okay. I just trip over a rock.” You giggled.

Minhae helped you get up while Kris was just standing there looking at the both of you guys.

“Aigoo, you are so cute.” You pinched her cheeks.

“Eh...em…” Kris butted into the conversation.

“Oh, I am sorry for ruining your fun. I guess I will go back to my room.” You started to walk away.

Minhae tugged on Kris’s jeans which meant that she wanted you to stay, but she needed Kris to say that to you. 

“Hey, just stay here and play with us. I think you need to stay out here a little longer because I know that you don’t like staying in that room. Am I right?” Kris yelled so that you could hear him clearly.

You stop walking and turned around facing them. You gave Kris are-you-kidding-me-look, Kris just shrugged.

Then you started to run up to them and started to play with them. While you and Kris where playing with Minhae, you guys didn’t notice that the nurses were watching you guys. All the nurses were giggling over the fact that you guys looked like a one big happy family.

After you guys were worn out, you and Kris sent Minhae to her room so that she could rest. You kept on smiling like an idiot while you and Kris were walking back to your room.

“Why are you smiling?” Kris raises his eye brows.

“Oh, nothing…” You giggled.

Kris got irritated with you acting weird. “Yah! Tell me why you’re acting like this!” 

You stick your tongue out at him and started to run to your room. Kris signed and started to run after you.

Kris finally caught you. “Don’t make me ask you again.” He gave you a darkest glare.

You got really uncomfortable with his glare because it looked like he wanted to kill someone. “Ermm….You……looked…..cute…..when……you…..with…..that…..little….girl…..and……you…..guys….looked…..like….a…..father…..that…..is…..having…..fun…..with…..his…..daughter….” You mumbled and bite your lips.

For some reason Kris’s eyes soften when you mumble those words, Kris let you go and walked out of the room making you standing there like an idiot. You didn’t know why Kris walked out, but you felt like it was your fault for making him like this.

You didn’t know if you should follow him or walk back to your room, the next thing you know you where following him. While you were looking for him, you spotted Kris sitting under the tree. You were hesitant to go up to him because it seems like wanted to be alone and you didn’t want to make him angrier then he already is.

What the heck you were flipping scared that if you went up to him he might do something bad to you. *Should I walk up to him? No you shouldn’t, can’t you see that he doesn’t want anyone’s company right now?* You keep on going back and forth if you should or not.

*Hwaiting!*

Kris felt someone’s present. “What do you want now?”

You didn’t say anything because you didn’t know what to say.

Yah, I ask you question!” Kris opened his eyes.

“I just wanted to check up on you….” You played with your fingers.

Kris scoffed and went back to lying down on the grass.

You started to walk away because you didn’t wanted to stay with him and you did your job of checking on him.

“Sit,” Kris demanded.

You obediently listen to him. There was an awkward silence between the both of you.

 “Don’t you like the fresh breeze of air?” You finally broke the silence.

Kris’s turned his head to you with a what-the--is-that-question-look. “Yes I do, by the way with you get discharge tomorrow we are going straight to the mall because you will need clothes.”

You just nodded and went back to looking up in the sky. “Hey, what should my name be?”

“Hyerim will be your new name.” Kris said right off the bat.

“I actually like that name,” you giggled.

You thought about if you should also get a Chinese name because Kris is Chinese. “Umm… Should I also get a Chinese name too?”

Kris kept quite which made you scared because you didn’t know what he was thinking and it was hard for you to read like you didn’t know what he was thinking or what was causing to act differently. He was somewhat mysterious to you, which makes you want to learn more about him.

“Meiling….” Kris blurted out.

“What?” You snapped out of your thoughts.

Kris signed, “Meiling is your Chinese name.”

You giggled when he gave you your Chinese name.

“What?” Kris sits up.

“I like your names that you gave me, but I really like the name Meiling.” You gave him a genuine smile.

Little did you know there was a reason why he named you Meiling, well Meiling means beautiful and delicate. Kris didn’t want to tell that this Chinese name has meaning to it and if he had told you right then and there you would ask him a bunch of question which doesn’t want to answer.

“Thank you…” Hyerim mumbles quietly.

“For what,” Kris dusted the dirt off his pants.

Hyerim was standing there thinking what to say without saying anything wrong that would tick him off. “Thank you for everything, I mean you save my life and now you are letting a stranger like me staying at your house.” She confessed.

“You notice that you always like to use the words like “I’m sorry” or “thank you”? To be honest it irritates the heck out of me when you do. So stop using those words.” Kris started to walk away from the conversation.

“I’m sor____,” Kris interrupts you before you could finish your sentence.

“You know what? I might be regretting my decision of letting you stay in my home, but as for now I can’t go back to my word because everyone knows that when I do something I follow through it 100% of the way.” Kris continues to walk away.

Hyerim didn’t say a word, this past two days that she been having him around her was quite interesting, but she started to realize that living with him in the same roof will be a living hell quite frankly.

*Come on Hyerim once you remember everything you can leave his home in a quick second, as for now you will have to listen to him and be on your best behavior so that you guys will live peacefully without killing each other.* Hyerim courage herself.

“YAH! Are you just going to stand there all day?!” Kris yelled across the field.

 When Hyerim heard Kris yelled at her she immediately snapped out of her thoughts and started to run up to Kris.

 

TO BE CONTINUE.............


Author's Note:

Here is the 2nd chapter to this story^^ Well how is this chapter? Hmmm... Should I do a double update o.O You have to wait and see Lol ^-^

BEFORE I GO, I WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAD SUBSCRIBED TO THIS STORY!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE 41 SUBSCRIBERS!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW, WITH OUT YOU GUYS I WOULDN'T BE HERE WRITING THIS AFF >.<

tumblr_lx3so03fYE1qbw73m.gif

This is how I feel right now^^

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO!!

 

BAI BAI^^

image