twenty-six

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

twenty-six

 

 

  “You make good milk tea.”

  Sehun’s comment was pleasant, at the same time rather comfortable as he took a seat on one of the armchairs whilst sipping the tea. It was late at night and he wasn’t accustomed to drinking tea at such a timing, for fear that the caffeine in the tea would eventually deprive him of his sleep. But it did not matter, for he knew that the tea was made with the certain expectation that he would come, all the more he was satisfied by it.

  Seohyun gave him a warm, welcoming smile, carrying her own cup of milk tea and taking a seat across him. “…I thought you’d come. A lot of things have happened.” It was all she could say, unsure of whether to address the situation immediately.

  “Well, it’s not exactly within my control.” Sehun heaved a sigh.

  “What do you mean, Sehun-ah? You know very well that you’re the one who initiated the so-called breakup between you and Krystal, don’t you?” Seohyun questioned, feeling rather concerned. “Krystal’s been badly affected by this, Sehun-ah… It’s all definitely within your control.”

  He sighed once more, giving her a worn look. “…I didn’t come here to be lectured by you, Seohyun-noona.” He enunciated on his last word, and she instantly winced. “I’ve got enough of people telling me that I’m at fault, telling me to get back with her, because I don’t want to. Don’t lecture me, please don’t.”

  “You know I have your best interests at heart, Sehun-ah. If my daughters were in a similar situation, I would tell them the same thing as well.” She gave him an honest, yet uncomfortable reply. “I don’t want to lecture you either, because I think you’ve grown enough to-“

  “Gawd.” He let out a soft groan as he stood up. “This wasn’t what I wanted.”

  “Sehun-ah!” Seohyun rose as well, placing a hand on his shoulder to stop him. “I’m sorry if you feel like I’m nagging on you, but it’s really the best I can-“

  He laughed bitterly, shrugging off her hand. “You see, this is why Kai and I were idiots. No, in fact, we still are. We’re idiots, absolute idiots, so idiotic that I can barely even…” He stopped mid-sentence, then drawing his breath. “…Doesn’t matter anymore anyway, right?”

  “Stop berating me, Sehun.” Seohyun tensed up, mixed feelings overwhelming her. “You are unstable, completely unstable, and you have to understand it from my point of view as well. I never wavered like Yoona did. I thought I knew what you felt but maybe I don’t. One day you like Sulli, and the next day you like Krystal, and maybe the next day you’ll like someone else that I don’t know-“

  “It’s your fault. It’s basically your fault.” He muttered harshly.

  She shook her head firmly, steadying herself. “It’s not. Don’t blame this on me, Sehun. Don’t. I knew what I was doing and up until now, I still do. I have not wavered, and I don’t intend to waver. I’m perfectly happy with my decisions, and you’re one of my good friends so I’d like you to clear up your life, for yourself. I can’t bear to see you like this. You now I can’t.”

  “If you can only be a friend, if you’re concerned about me, and if you truly can’t bear to see me in this state… Then don’t force me.” He threw an infuriated glare at her. “I’ll do what I like. And I just need you to say words of comfort to me so I don’t-“

  “I think I’ve comforted you enough already, Sehun. Comfort won’t get you anywhere.” Seohyun was beginning to get riled up. “I hate seeing you this messed up, Sehun-ah, I absolutely detest it! Why can’t you settle down? Give me one reason why you can’t-“

  “I’m messed up. I admit it. I’m messed up, so messed up to the extent that I don’t even intend to steady myself. I don’t know what I want either.” He said his words through gritted teeth. “But do you know why I’m this messed up? Do you know why I don’t know what I want? Do you know why I can’t settle down? Do you know why I fell for Sulli?”

  Seohyun stiffened distinctively. “…Sehun-ah, I don’t-“

  “…Because I wasn’t the sort of person that you would like.”

  “Sehun-“

  “Forget it, right? I’ll forget it. I will. I’ll try. But I won’t succeed and it’ll be your fault. It’s your fault…” Sehun clenched his fists as he picked up his jacket from the hanger, heading towards the door. “…I don’t want it to be your fault but you’re the only person I can blame, for now.”

  His words pierced her heart, but yet she couldn’t reply him, for she knew she couldn’t spout lies to make him content. She didn’t feel that way for him, she didn’t, but it hurt to see him in such pain. “…Sehun-ah, I’m sorry, I really-“

  “Goodnight and thank you for the milk tea.” With that, he left.

  And they both didn’t notice that a pair of curious little eyes had been watching them, secretly listening on throughout their conversation.

 

 

  “Jun!” Yoona called as she slowly folded his clothing to put in the luggage. “Jun?” She raised an eyebrow, feeling that it was rather queer that her usually proactive son didn’t give a reply. Inhaling slowly, she touched her protruding stomach and was just about to stand up, when a muffled shout startled her.

  “Mommy!” The little voice yelled loudly, alarming her for a moment, then Jun came wobbling in. “Mommy~”

  Instantly, she burst into laughter. Her adorable three year old son was topless, with all the hair on the front part of his hair clipped up into the ‘apple’ hair do that Luhan used to sport when he was younger. Little Jun had a rather tortured expression upon his face, grimacing as he saw his mother in a fit of giggles.

  “It’s not funny, Mommy!” He pouted, folding his arms.

  “I know, sweetheart, I know…” Yoona could barely coax him, attempting to stop herself from laughing as she stretched out her arms. “What happened to you, huh? Why is your face so wet, and why is your hair-“ Then she giggled softly once more, unable to control her laughter.

  Jun gazed at his mother wryly as he toddled towards her, sitting on her lap. “…Daddy’s weird, Mommy.”

  “Daddy? What did Daddy do?” Yoona patted his head, hugging him as she giggled a bit more. “Did Daddy clip your hair like this?”

  “…Yeah.”

  “Oh gosh, that man…” Yoona chuckled softly, removing the clip from his hair and smoothening it out gently. “Your daddy just loves you too much, Jun-ah. He loves

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter