Why Don't We Meet on Friday?

Fragments of Memories
Title: Why Don't We Meet on Friday?
Characters: IU, L
Genre: slice of life
Song inspiration from IU's Friday
Dedicated to Pann Pann, who keeps crying and going insane for MyungU romance to the point that she's sending me FORMAL MESSAGES ON UPDATE NECESSITIES
 

 
I had a feeling you’d call today. Fridays were always your thing.
 
“Hey, Jieun, it’s me, Myungsoo. Let’s meet up! I need to tell you something important.”
 
So I wore my best, new set of clothes. I put on several pieces of jewelry—not too simple, but not too extravagant, either. I applied more make-up than I usually did, making sure several times that there weren’t any blotches or spots that I had missed. I carried my belongings in my prettiest handbag before finally stepping out of my house, a pair of the finest red shoes decorating my feet.
 
I arrived a bit early at the café, just about thirty minutes. This was on purpose; I needed some time to calm down and to relax my mercilessly pounding heart. I sat in front of a table and drank probably three cups of cold water, and frankly, it wasn’t even enough.
 
After a bit of waiting, you arrived. You looked amazing—gorgeous, even—as always. The sleek black turtleneck you wore gave off an ever so chic aura in combination to your jeans and sneakers. Casual always fit you best. There was one thing that could have been better, though. You hid your handsome face behind a pair of pitch-black sunglasses.
 
Once you saw me, you approached in long, firm strides and took the seat across from me. You crossed your legs and leaned back a little, placing one hand on the table and the other on your lap.
 
You gave me a small smile. “Hey, Jieun.”
 
“H-hey, Myungsoo. Why’d you want to see me? Is it something important, because if—”
 
“Let’s break up.”
 
I’d told you a countless number of times that you needed to work on letting someone finish speaking. That way, I would’ve been able to postpone this for a little while later and hold on for a little while longer.
 
“Myungsoo, I—”
 
“I’m sorry. But we don’t need to make it any messier. It’s a good afternoon. Let’s not ruin other people’s enjoyable Friday.”
 
I was looking straight at you, but I couldn’t tell where you were looking. I couldn’t tell what kind of an expression you had, or what you were possibly thinking. You were cruel. You wouldn’t give me the slightest chance to hold you back.
 
You took a sip of the water in front of you before putting the cup down, tracing your fingers along its rim. Finally, you heaved a sigh and stood up. “Oh, and... Let’s not contact each other afterwards. It’ll be uncomfortable, for both you and me.”
 
And just like that, you left. You left, and I just sat in my seat, staring at your cup with nothing but dry laughter.
 
I had a feeling you’d break up with me today.
 
I had a feeling I’d hate Fridays.
 

i'm sorry, pannpann