(the things in between)

Fragments of Memories
Title: (the things in between)
Characters: IU, L
Genre: drabble, angst?
Inspired by: the photo incidentSSSSS

 
“But none of that matters anymore.”
 
Your words struck me. It was as if the cold reality had slapped me across the face. You were right. What once used to be everything was now nothing of the smallest significance.
 
The time we had spent together was short—only a bit less than a year—but it couldn’t define how much we shared with each other. So many things happened, so fast that I couldn’t keep track of us sometimes.
 
We bumped into each other backstage. We exchanged short, meaningless apologies. Our hands met and sparks flew. We met again. We exchanged our phone numbers. Text messages quickly became a bridge for our feelings, our emotions, and our budding romance.
 
I found it amazing how desperation could achieve so much. The less time we had for each other, the more usefully we spent it. The more distance was in between us, the more we told each other ‘I love you.’ 
 
My time with you was so affectionate because it had me thinking of ‘our’ future.
 
But we knew how things went around here. We were already aware that the feelings we had for another were too pure to exist in this industry of lies, filth, and corruption.
 
In the end, I guess it was more for me to be blamed. After all, I was the one that needed the boost; I was the one that needed a spark to get me attention. I should have known that all that was needed to start an inextinguishable wildfire was a tiny little spark. It was all my fault.
 
I didn’t know where I got the courage to ask you, “What about the things we had? You were my everything.”
 
Your response—that all of it no longer mattered—was what I had anticipated, but not what I had expected.
 
But, as I said before, you were right. The only things that actually matter are the cause and the effect. The things in between are cast away, caged into a pair of parentheses.
 

yodeleheehoo author stuff
Okay, Pannpann, you should know that this drabble was actually supposed to be BaekhyunxIU...BUT JUST FOR YOU I CHANGED IT TO MYUNGSOO OKAY.
 
Ahaha anyway, as I said up there, this is kind of inspired by IU's photo scandal and Ailee's new photos. I'm quite outraged by the different responses the two solo artists have received in regards to their scandals. IU's photo included another idol, I understand. But, it's SUSPECTED that they had something going on. Yes, I frankly believe they had something going on, but it's not like anything is solidly confirmed as to what they were doing. IU WAS IN HER PAJAMAS. Buuuuut, here we have Ailee, taking seven completely photos of herself. Of course it wasn't her that leaked the photos, and yes, her ex-bf or whoever it might be is a piece of trash, but wow. 80% of netizens are actually shielding her. "Everyone makes mistakes." "Wow, her ex is such a scumbag." "AKP needs to shut down." etc etc. I feel bad for Ailee. I do. But the two-faced netizen reactions just scare me. 
 
So the point I was trying to make in this drabble is supposed to be obvious. What matters in this rotten industry is just what could be seen. Eh, I guess this is applicable to other situations as well, but yeah. We don't know what happened. We just believe what is being told to us, or what we assume by the things we can see.
 
My sympathy towards IU, and slightly towards Jiyeon of T-ara as well.