Will You Remember Me?

Fragments of Memories
Title: Will You Remember Me?
Characters: IU, L
Genre: long drabble, semi-RL, fluff
Inspired by a true story (further explained in the author's note below)

 
I’m Lee Jieun, an average student in her third year of high school. I’m just like everyone else my age—immature, emotional, and irregularly spontaneous. I also happen to be a “hardcore” Inspirit, meaning I (may I mention proudly) belong to the official fandom of Infinite.
 
In between school, cram school, lessons, exams, and my social life, I dedicate a part of my time to keep up with current news and issues of anything regarding my beloved Infinite oppas (excluding Sungjong; I’m older than him by four months). I actually don’t know how I came to be so infatuated with these seven boys, but now, it’s just impossible to stop the fangirling feels that sporadically jump out from within me.
 
I have to admit, though, that I don’t particularly love every one of my oppas equally. It’s not that I dislike any of them—I just like one person a bit more than the rest. This special man happens to be Kim Myungsoo, known more by his stage name L, the vocal and visual of the group. I find him perfect in every way possible. He’s as beautiful as a perfectly sculpted piece of art. His dorky personality that contrasts his cold and chic image is simply charming. And, even though he isn’t necessarily the best singer in the group, I love the simplicity of his voice.
 
I won’t be lying if I say that I go to concerts and fan signing whenever I can just to see him. And every time I do, I manage to survive through the countless other fans and receive an autograph from him with an occasional picture.
 
He flashes me his beautiful smile and greet me with either a “hello” or “how are you doing today”, along with short remarks about the weather. I refrain from squealing like a pig and get him to sign whatever I had in hand: a CD, a poster, and, if desperation called, a napkin (that I later put in a frame and hang it on my room wall).
 
As he scribbles down his signature, I always ask him, “Myungsoo oppa, will you remember a fan like me? Even if I’m just one out of hundreds of thousands?”
 
And, as always, he replies, “Of course! I’ll remember you!”
 
It feels good to hear so, but frankly, it’s not like I believe it. Not that I’m complaining, but it’s part of fan service. As a public figure that is shared by many, he is required, if not forced, to say things like that anyway.
 
Over times, things get busy in my life. Things come to a point that I can’t neglect my studies even for a day—I mean, I have to get into a decent college to have an average or decent life in the future. Eventually, I stop going to concerts and whatnot, forcing myself to be content by seeing Infinite on television from time to time.
 
Time passes. Two years, to be exact. I’ve been dutifully attending Hanyang University. It’s no Seoul University, but it’s enough for me to not worry too much about setting food on the table later on. And as much as I’ve aged, I’ve grown to be more mature. And, I start to care more about my physical appearance. This explains my loss of weight (over ten kilograms, actually). I never knew how much prettier a woman can get after a successful diet—with a bit of new make-up techniques, of course.
 
One day, an opportunity comes for me to be able to go to an Infinite concert. I get extremely excited as I wait in line; it has been a while, after all. I wonder how they’ve been doing, and if the seven boys have changed into real men.
 
It is finally my turn. After getting signatures from everyone else, I walk up to L (I save the best for last). I beam proudly at him as I hand over their new album with a big space reserved just for him. But, strangely, he doesn’t say anything. Instead, he his head to one side and just stares at me.
 
I find things getting awkward, so I stammer, “Uh, i-is there something on my f-face?”
 
Suddenly, he breaks into a huge grin. “I thought you asked me to remember you. How would I do that if you come back looking so different and pretty?” He signs my CD, and after he’s done, he hands it back to me with the most charming and beautiful smile I’ve seen from him so far. “I almost didn’t recognize you, you know. Where have you been for two years?”
 

Author's Notes

green_teax! Here's the fluff(???) that you demanded I promised you! And for the rest of you readers... I'm sorry you had to read another MyungU in a row (unless you liked it, lol). I'll diversify the characters in the next chapter. 
Oh god, though. Can I mention the goosebumps and stuff that arose on my skin as I was writing this?! Like, hello, Alluring writing happy things? What is this madness? Is it the end of the world? AHHHHHHHHHHHH HELPPPPPPPPPPP. but anyway. there's a first for everything so...hope I'll improve on this genre, seeing as to how I completely in this one. Q~Q
And, again, if you saw the inspired by at the top... This is a real story. Well, I can't guarantee if this was real or not, but I read about this certain happening in a blog in Naver. It isn't L though.. It's Key from SHINee. I don't know. After reading this, I completely took an attachment to Key and SHINee (I'm still eh on Jonghyun and Minho though LOL). So basically, I changed a bit of things, but the core remains the same. A girl was a loyal shawol and went to every fansigning, asking these questions just for the heck of it. Key replied with an 'of course' every time, but she shrugged it off as lipservice. And then, for a while, she couldn't go to events...and she lost a lot of weight, got prettier, yadda yadda. Then, when she returned, he actually remembered her!! Isn't that the sweetest thing in the world or what. I cannot anymore...like Key. unf.
Sorry for the terrible long bulk of my poop notes. You get nothing (or you might've gotten Shinee/key feels like I did!!!). If you'll excuse me... I'll start writing the next chapter for World Above the Clouds. ; n ;