Chapter 9- "First Date"

A new love can heal an old one

Next day

"ShinHye! Wake up!" Her mom kicked her bed.

"What is it omma?" She asked. For once she wanted to just lay in bed all day. It is a Saturday shes allowed to right?

"Someone is here to see you, a boy." Her mom smiled as she lifted her back to sit up. ShinHye rubbed her eyes as she yawned with morning breath. "Ugh go brush your teeth, comb your hair, and dress up! This guy is killer," her mom slapped her .

"Whatever," ShinHye groaned out. She slugged herself over to their restroom. She did as her mom told her to, as always. But while she got ready she wondered who could it be? She entered her living room seeing her father shake hands with YongHwa. She points, "what are you doing here?"

"Oh you're finally up ShinHye this nice boy is here to take you out," her father gestured to YongHwa. While he smirks at her.

"Take me out? Nice boy? Appa gwenchanayo?" She felt his forehead. "Temperature is fine," she touched her forehead.

"We won't come home late," YongHwa took her hand dragging her out of the house.

"What are you-"

"Bye sweetie! Have fun!" Her parents waved to her as she tried to think of an escape. Too late, they were in his car.

"What is this? Where are you taking me? How do my parents know you?" ShinHye had many questions but she knew with YongHwa answering. It will take a while.

"We're going to the movies and I just met your parents. They're really nice," he answered.

"Who said you can take me out whenever you feel like it? I'm not your plaything. There is no way I'll ever go on a date with you," she lectured him.

"This isn't a date, its a pretend date." He focused on getting to their destination. Though he still managed to confuse her.

"Pretend date? Do you know how stupid that sounds?" She felt frustrated with this kidnapping. More importantly she felt hungry. Her stomach growled, she didn't eat anything.

"You hungry? We'll eat before the movie," he tells her. They got to the shopping mall. As they got out of the car to decide where to eat she headed the other direction. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going home," she walked away.

"Wait," he went after her.

"Why should I? I thought I made it clear that I don't want any of this." She shook her head at him irritated at how many times she had to repeat this.

"But I'm going to help you," he gave his reason. He looked determined so she stayed with him. "I don't know why but I don't want to see this trainwreck." They sat in a McDonalds waiting for their order to be called.

"You're calling me a trainwreck?" She asked.

"Look you're stalking some guy who doesn't see you the way you see him." He stated out the obvious. She didn't like to think about that. It made her feel more like a loser. "I'm going to help you get stronger in this. The next time you're in a relationship or I guess your first time. You'll be stronger, more independent than you already think you are." He knew that right now she'll say she doesn't need love. To make people think shes the stronger one. However seeing how she acted with Daehyun shes weak. She'll be his slave.

"You're really going to do that for me?" She listened. She didn't want to hurt anymore. Finally with his help she can gain what she longed for.

"Two double cheeseburgers no ketchup, two extra large sodas, and two medium fries!" The worker called. YongHwa stood up to go get their order.

"Sit down I'm getting it," she glared at him. She didn't like it when guys did everything for the girls. It made her feel weak. This way she'll feel more on top than him. He didn't mind that she wanted to take charge. As they started their meal she ate like a pig.

"Slow down," he told her. She stuffed the burger into finishing it in five bites. "You must be really hungry," he wanted to look away from her piggy eating. But he was drawn to how much fries she fit in . Before he could finish his burger she finished her entire meal. Even drank all of the soda.

Buuuuuurrrrrp. She belched wiping with her napkin.

"That was good," she smiled satisfied.

"Damn you're a pig. How am I going to get you available when you're like this?" He wondered.

"Shut up, I'm only like this with you. I'm not trying to impress a guy I like right now am I?" She looked at his food craving for more. Finally he finished his burger as he half drank his soda and half ate his fries. "Are you going to eat the rest?"

He sighed handing it to her.

"Kamsa YongHwa," she smiled as she devoured it whole. Of course that would be a turnoff to guys. But he enjoyed watching her this way. Its the true ShinHye not a fake one trying to be on her best behavior.

Finishing the meal they went to watch a romantic comedy. "This way you'll see how others find love," he acted like an expert in relationships.

"So this pretend date is like practice for me? Me on a date with you?" She began to laugh.

"Eh shut up I'm trying to help you," they took their seats. Throughout the movie no one spoke. Perfect silence to enjoy the film. Everyone in the theater besides them were making out. YongHwa thought to himself, get a room already. While ShinHye thought the same. At the funny parts she laughed out loud and pointed. She'd comment about it to YongHwa as he agreed. At the sad parts she'd lean on her elbow sighing. "What is it that sad?" He asks.

"No its boring when do you love each other?" She asked. He'd flick her head. "What?"

"Usually girls would be sad too watching this," he told her.

"Well I'm not like those girls," she'd reply.

YongHwa POV

Great answer ShinHye. You really aren't like those girls. It got to the end of the film where the couple finally got together. Sharing in a deep romantic kiss as always. Suddenly I felt some weight on my arm. I looked down to my left seeing ShinHye rest her head on my arm. She was smiling at the couple on screen. Maybe she doesn't need my help in getting a guy. Right now you're doing just fine on this pretend date. Pretend huh.

"Aw now they're happy," she points to the couple hugging. Her hand rested on the arm rest. I was tempted to place mine on top hers. But right when I was about to she stood up. I looked at the screen seeing the credits. Couples around us left the theater. It was only us now. "Come on lets go," she stretched. We walked out of the theater. Seeing her cheerful this way I wanted to hug her.

"YongHwa oppa," a girls voice called out to me from behind. I turn around knowing that familiar tone. I see my past holding hands with Daehyun. "Well well its been a while," my ex love smiles. ShinHye looked shock to see Daehyun here too.

"Yeah its been a while," I spoke. I can't believe shes here of all places. I never thought I'd see her again. Especially like this with ShinHye's first love. I have every right to hate this couple.

"So oppa how have you been?" She asked me.

"Don't call me that," I ordered her. No way would I ever want to hear her voice call me that again.

"Alright I won't," she smiled wickedly. Its as if she wanted to see me hurt seeing her again. Did she really enjoy using me that much?

"ShinHye its nice seeing you here," Daehyun waved to her. I could tell ShinHye felt worser than me right now.

"You too," she answered normally. I'm amazed how calm she sounds. Usually she'd do her best to make herself cheerful for him. I guess not this time. Seeing him with someone else must hurt.

"Um can we talk for a moment ShinHye?" Daehyun dared to ask. I took her hand in mines immediately. "Or you guys are busy right now?" He flinched seeing us hold hands. ShinHye looked up at me as she tried to resist my hold on her.

"Actually can I talk with you YongHwa it will just take a minute," my ex dared to ask. I didn't want to leave ShinHye's side. I know she might not need me to help her get through to Daehyun. But right now I needed her by my side. I don't want to face this alone.

End of POV


 

More drama to come yesh :D