Chapter 17- I want to see him

A new love can heal an old one

"Babo," ShinHye scoffed as she towel dried her hair. She sat on her bed checking her cell phone. No New Messages. "Was he actually following us?" She shook her head of the thought. Why should she care if he came to see her? "Besides hes with her," she didn't hear the news.

"ShinHye are you hungry?" Her mom came in curious of her daughter's life. She noticed a big change in her behavior. Obviously she has been getting out more and shes more distracted. Not on her grades but on someone. Someone's having boy problems.

"Ahni omma," she answered.

"Okay that was just an excuse to come in here. What I really want to know is what is bothering you?" She sat next excited to hear any romantic stories. She loved watching her soap operas on T.V. but loved it even more if her own daughter went through it.

"Omma I'm fine," she lied.

"Sweetie I'm your mom I know you're lying," she rubbed her back. Her warming smile beated any guy's smile. "Now tell me everything," she told her.

ShinHye felt uncomfortable talking about this with her mom. Would you want to tell your mom your relationship problems I don't think so. Well at least I know I wouldn't. "Mianhe omma I didn't ask your permission."

"Permission for what? Did you have ?"

"Ahni! No no no no no!!! I just have a boyfriend," she formed her arms to make an X.

"Oooh is it YongHwa? I knew he was a keeper," she smiled imagining her daughter's wedding.

"Ahneyo! Never! He is an idiot, a player, a complete jerk! I would never ever-"

"Araso araso! I get it already! Who are you dating then?" She wanted her to get to the point already however...

"DATING? I HEARD DATING IN HERE!" Her dad stormed into her bedroom.

"Appah! Are you eavesdropping on us?" ShinHye asked.

"I can do whatever I want I pay rent here! Now who are you dating!" He began turning red.

The rest of the night their residence was the loudest. Neighbors were freaking out as though they blew up. First thought as the peaceful quiet Park family. ShinHye explained to her mom everything. While they locked dad outside during the conversation.

"ShinHye do you honestly like that boy?" Her mom thought about Daehyun.

"Neh! Of course I do! I like him a lot!" She tried to keep a straight face. She didn't want to lie to herself maybe she held her ground, then it won't be considered lying.

"ShinHye I'll support you in whatever decision you make. Remember that." Her mother stood up headed for the door. "This is so exciting by the way! I'm like the beautiful mother in a Kdrama series!"

"Omma!" ShinHye glared at her.

"Araso I'll go get your dad to come in now," she closed her bedroom door. Her mom sighed thinking about her daughter's life. "Shes growing up," she walked to the front door.

Now ShinHye is alone to collect her thoughts. "Ottokajo?" She asked herself. Munja Wasseon! Munja Wasseon! (Notification ringtone from Secret Garden) Looking down she recieved a text message from YongHwa. At first she planned to remove her cell phone battery again. However she wanted to know what the message said.

Can we talk tomorrow?

Can't I got homework. She decided to text back for once.

Back to the caring of the grades? Are you serious? Meet me at McDonalds.

Why should I?

Its a Saturday you have time alright! Just meet me. Please.

She stopped texting him. Now she removed her cell phone battery feeling torn. "I have a boyfriend who I like very much," she told herself.

Next Day!

"ShinHye are you busy today?" Her mom finished sizzling some morning bacon.

"Wae omma?" She asked enjoying the first piece.

"Your appah and I are going to the museum with your relatives. You need to babysit your baby cousin Jimmy. They're coming over soon to drop him off. Is that okay with you?" She sat down munching on scrambled eggs.

"Neh omma," she answered.

Later on...

"Aish Jimmy! You've gotten so big! How old are you now?" ShinHye's mom crouched down to him.

"I'm four years old," he answered holding on to his mom's hand. With the other hand he held a stuffed Winnie the Pooh bear.

"Well your big cousin ShinHye will be taking care of you now! Say hi!" His mom told him.

"Anyong ShinHye," he said in a shy but adorable voice.

"Kamsaeyo ShinHye anyong! Have fun you guys!" The adults waved goodbyes as they drove away.

ShinHye took Jimmy's hand waving to them. "Say bye Jimmy!"

Jimmy sat on the floor watching T.V. ShinHye cooked some Ramen in the kitchen for the two of them. "Are you hungry Jimmy?" She asked bringing over a bowl, the pot, and two pairs of chopsticks.

"Neh!" He answered. She smiled serving him his share as she ate the rest from the pot.

"Do you want to play with your bear?" She asked pretending to make the stuffed animal stand up and walk around. That made Jimmy laugh a lot. Munja Wasseon Munja Wasseon! Her phone rang. "Oh here you go," she handed him the bear to play with. She stood up checking her cell phone.

Yah! Eodi-isseo? (Where are you?)

She ignored the text message leaving her phone on the couch. "ShinHye who was that?" Jimmy asked.

"No one important Jimmy," she moved his bangs from his eyes.

"Are you sad?"

"Eh?" She asked.

"ShinHye is sad right? You look sad," he gave her a hug. She smiled hugging him back. "Don't be sad noona," he rubbed her back. He broke off from her handing her his bear. "Don't be sad," he made Winnie the Pooh walk over to her.

"I want to see him," she admitted.

Meanwhile... "Aish this girl! Maybe shes not coming after all." YongHwa has been waiting for three hours without ordering anything. He sure looked stupid for just sitting there for a while. His eyes stayed glued to the window wondering where could she be.