Chapter 5-Stalkers are annoying

A new love can heal an old one

ShinHye looked over her old notes from history class as she cooled down in the air conditioned library. A table across from her sat YongHwa. He held a book to his face but kept watching her. He made sure she wasn't aware of him, but at the same time he got irritated. He wanted her to notice him. He thinks that way she'll think to herself wow that guy must really like me! He is cute, I should go out with him!

"Hmm there might be stuff on the quiz that he didn't mentioned," ShinHye stood up to look around for a WWII book. YongHwa put his book down losing sight of her. He followed her secretly. He'd be on the other side of the shelves while she kept looking. So far she found two books on the info. YongHwa followed her every step. When she took out one book he quickly moved away from the shelf. She noticed him on the other side whistling.

"SHHH!" The librarian hushed him up.

"Sorry miss," he whispered. The librarian glared at him giving him a warning. ShinHye walked back to her table gathering her things. She checked out the books, leaving the library. YongHwa followed right after her. From her side views she could tell he was stalking her.

Quickly she headed into the girls restroom. No way would he follow her in there. YongHwa waited outside sitting on the steps that were in front of the entrance.

"Whats wrong with that guy?" She washed her hands, checked her hair in the mirror. As soon as ShinHye came out, YongHwa ran up the stairs. She walked around the corner heading towards her next classroom. He watched her walk away from the second floor. Quickly he didn't want to lose her before lunch ended. As he turned around the corner there she was with her hands on her hips. "Why are you following me?"

"Who said I was following you?" He asked with a cocky attitude. She rolled her eyes as she walked past him. "I wouldn't be following you anyway! I was looking for a hot girl! None around here so far," he walked along side of her.

"Did I ask you? Now leave me alone I need to study." Her speed increased.

"Where are you headed?"

"The library," she answered.

"But you were just there! Seriously you're going to study?" He admitted he was following her.

"You were following me. You know I find stalkers annoying. Especially when you don't know them well. Or all you know about them is that they want to bang every girl here. So I don't want a guy like that to be following me." She told him off.

"What kind of guy would you want to be followed by?" He actually asked.

"None," she walked away.

He stood in amazement. Shes the first girl he ever met that doesn't want to have a relationship. Let alone with him. Plus she is the first person that wants to study.

YongHwa's POV

"There has got to be something wrong with that chick," I say under my breath. The more I thought of it I remembered something. Didn't she say something about love?

"Love? Stupid worthless love! I don't need any of it! No one needs it! It only gives you a broken heart!" She pounded her chest.

"Oh yea that's right, she hates it. But why again?" I thought to myself. I can't believe I'm puzzling myself over this one chick. Who is not even all that. I remembered something she said again. Something about confessing her love to this Ahn Daehyun guy. Then he disappears. Wow that must . I guess we both have broken hearts. Is that why you bury yourself in your studies ShinHye?

End of POV

ShinHye POV

Jung YongHwa, a failing cocky player and a stalker. What kind of a goal is that? Go out with every girl you see? Hah! What a jerk. But I know why hes like this. I remember it even though I wasn't myself at the time. He went out with this girl and she used him. That guy gained a broken heart, like me. Thats what made him this way.

End Of POV

The bell rang ending lunch period. Everyone got into their classes as ShinHye is the first seated. "Alright class I'd like to announce that..." her teacher created suspense.

"Don't tell us we have a test!"

"Yeah we never study!"

"Not! You know ShinHye studied!"

Students began a ruckus even though their teacher didn't finish.

"Shut up!" The teacher yelled at the class. Slowly the sound subsided. "I was going to say that we have a new student in our class!"

"Well where is he?" One student asks. The teacher wondered the same thing. He checked the clock and his watch. Maybe hes absent today. Finally someone walks through the door with a bored expression on their face.

"Oh there you are," the teacher welcomes him to the front of the classroom. ShinHye kept her eyes glued to her books. She could care less about a new student. "Everyone this is Jung YongHwa he will be joining us. Please give him a warm welcome." ShinHye's head shot up.

Everyone clapped except for her. Most girls already started fawning over him. YongHwa smiled at them already planning his relationship list.

"YongHwa you can take a seat here in the front," the teacher gestured to the empty desk. Right next to the drooling girls. He looked around the classroom seeing who he'll be working with this year. He shared eye contact with ShinHye. She mostly had an irritated look while he had a smirk on his face. He walked right up to her desk. Her eyes widen nervous of what he'll do. The guy sitting right next to her, he took his backpack moving it to the front.

"What'd you do that for?" The student asked.

"This is my seat from now on. Go sit over there." He ordered with a stone cold voice. The student glared but he just did what he was told. Besides he gets to have a chance to flirt with the girls up front. He tried it once with ShinHye but he was ignored the whole year.

"But YongHwa your assigned seat is here," the teacher nervously tells him.

"No I want to sit here," he kicks his feet up on the desk. Everyone is stunned by his behavior. Normally ShinHye would be as well but she got used to him. She did her best to ignore his staring the entire class time.

"Okay class we're done for the day so for the last five minutes of school you can talk story." The teacher went over to his desk. He tried to copy the way YongHwa sat earlier thinking he'll be considered the cool teacher. YongHwa moved her chair right in front of her desk. So now they faced each other. She kept her eyes glued to her history book.

"Class is done, there was no quiz today. You can stop studying." He told her.

"That doesn't mean theres not a quiz next class." She argued.

"Oh my god! You're going to study for a quiz that doesn't even exist? Crazy." He insulted. She closed her books putting them away. The bell rang right when she left the building. She heard his footsteps right behind hers. She stopped walking hearing his steps stop as well. Continuing to walk she heard them again, even seeing his shadow. She turned around abruptly.

"Stop following me!" She told him.

"I'm not following you I just happen to be walking in the same direction." He gave an excuse passing her by. She scoffed at his character. He walked slower hoping she'll pass him so he could follow. But when he turned around she vanished. ShinHye walked the other exit way towards the public library. Knowing he'll go to the school one expecting her to be there.