Chapter 7

Forgotten

 

 

Chapter SEVEN


 

 

I was lying on my stomach while drawing that butterfly pattern on my sketchpad, just relaxing on my bed. I’m spending the rest of the night by finishing my homework until I ended up sketching that butterfly pattern I saw from the wall earlier. The image itself can’t get out of my mind.

 

Then I remembered the look on Suho’s face at the way he stares on that wall. That look, it’s very nostalgic. He looked like he was longing for someone.

 

As I finished the artwork, I rolled over and stretched my arms upward, holding the sketchpad. What he said earlier struck me.

 

“She has forgotten me.”

“I’m saying definite, she has literally forgotten me.”

 

What does he meant by that? How come that girl could forget a good guy like Suho.

 

I placed the sketchpad aside and took in a deep breath. I closed my eyes, but when I did, I saw his face. I quickly snapped my eyes open.

 

“W-what’s that supposed to mean?” I muttered, feeling the hard beating inside my chest. “Suho… what have you done to me?”

 

-

 

“See you tomorrow class,” said the professor and he finally dismissed us. The students slowly fled out of the classroom.

 

I picked up my things and placed them inside my bag. I looked up and saw Suho waiting for me to finish fixing. “Hey, Daeun.”

 

“Oh, yes?”

 

“Uhm,” he scratched his nape. “About yesterday, I just want to apologize for leaving you like that.”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows in wonder, “What are you talking about?”

 

“For suddenly leaving you in the library,” he sighed. “I don’t know how to control my feelings about suddenly remembering of her.

 

It took me seconds to realize whom he was talking about. A gasp escaped my lips. Is he talking about his girlfriend?

 

I immediately responded, “Oh that is… it’s not a big thing after all. It’s okay! You don’t need to apologize.”

 

He sighed again, and he looked quite relieved now. “Can I make it up to you instead?”

 

“What are you going to do?” I playfully asked.

 

“I’m treating you for a day. Are you free this Saturday?” He asked, no trace of mischievousness in his voice.

 

“Are… are you asking me out for a date?” I asked, suddenly feeling nervous.

 

He shrugged, smiling at me. “Well, you can call it that way.”

 

I swallowed. “I’m going to ask my mother first if she would agree.”

 

Suho just smiled at me. “I’m sure she will let you.”

 

I stared at him in awe. Somehow, that look on his face is very suspicious; like he’s very assured that my mother is going to agree about me going on a date. Or maybe… he is a psychic? Can he read minds?

 

-

 

I came downstairs after I finished changing my clothes. Mom told me to get down so we can have the dinner together. I reached the kitchen but I found she was not there.

 

“Okay, I’ll call you again next time dear. We’re still going to eat dinner.” I heard her say. I peek out to the living room and found her calling someone on the phone. “Bye.”

 

Seeing her coming closer, I immediately jogged to the dining table and took a seat.

 

“Oh, you’re finally here.” Mom beamed and gave me a piece of plate. She also took a seat.

 

“Were you calling someone on the phone?” I asked her.

 

She shot me a look.“Have you heard my conversation?”

 

I shook my head. “I haven’t. I just saw you hang-up though.”

 

“Oh,” she said, relieved.

 

I bit my lip and composed myself, preparing the words I just rehearsed in my head. “Mom,” I called out huskily.

 

“Yes dear?” she asked, placing a scoop of rice on my plate.

 

“Uhm, there was this guy who is my classmate. He asked me out for a treat this Saturday. Will you allow me to go out with him?” I watched her reaction.

 

She paused for a moment and gave me look. “Do I know this guy?”

 

“I fairly believe you still haven’t met him,” I said, curling my toes.

 

Mom shrugged, “Well, if he’s a good guy, then go ahead.”

 

I shot her a surprised look. “Really, Mom? You’re allowing me?”

 

She sighed out, patting my arm. “You know what dear; you’re already old enough to decide what’s wrong or right. If you like him, then I should like him too.”

 

“He’s just my friend, Mom.” I corrected.

 

“For now, you may consider him as a friend.” Mom eyed me playfully, “But I’ll look forward to the day you’ll bring him here and introduce him as your boyfriend.”

 

I touched my cheeks; the swarm of pink is already getting visible. “Stop that, Mom.”

 

She laughed. “Mark my word.”

 

I can’t help but get suspicious. I know my Mom well, and she’s that type who doesn’t easily agree to things without assuring the possibilities that may occur. Does… does Mom even know about Suho? I fairly believe she hasn’t met him yet.

 

Or maybe she already has.