Prologue

Forgotten

 

 

Prologue


 

 

 

I’ve decided to visit my high school after Mom and I came back from the church. Clad in my white knee-length dress, I strode the pathways leading to different places of the campus. It was a holiday so there are no classes today. Theschool was almost deserted except for the Girl Scouts who were doing there drills in the field. As I continued strolling, memories were slowly getting back and everything was suddenly familiar. I passed by the Art Society’s bulletin board and took the moment to stop and see the posts on it. I saw photos of the current members and smiled. They still have a long way to achieve success, I thought, getting some inspiration to these young aspirants. I then noticed a separate photo where people in it were seemingly familiar. I eyed the photo closer and smiled in astonishment.

 

Apparently, it was a photo of and me and Suho each holding a trophy, smiling so widely for a victory. Clad in a uniform, we looked so young on it. I was still on that shoulder-length hair and Suho’s was a little longer, the fringes of his hair were almost covering his eyes. So Suho wears eyeglasses back that time? I laughed a little, seeing how a nerd he looked like in that photo.

 

I just then noticed that there was a caption below that photo. ‘Art Society’s All Time Favorite Couple – Junmyeon and Daeun’

 

I resumed walking until I reached the garden. I gasped, seeing the place and remembered I had painted this view a few weeks ago. The flowers are blooming and it was a sight to behold of. It was almost exactly the same to what I had drawn because I included that small bridge over that little pond. I can also see that building which Mom said was a butterfly sanctuary. Now I’m slowly remembering.

 

As I turned to where the path walk was leading me, to see more of the garden, I saw a figure standing before the monument.

 

I cautiously took steps closer and closer, his back facing me. A few steps away, I flinched when I thought the person would look back and scold me about disturbing him. But once he turned his head to the side, I saw a glimpse of his face where the warm sunlight glistened unto. In that moment, he looked like an angel rapturing from the heavens.

 

Then my heart began to race at the sight of his familiar presence. The person I wanted to see most right now, the person I longed to hold onagain.

 

It was him, I confirmed.

 

“Junmyeon-ah,” I called out, almost breathless.

 

He peeked through his shoulder and when he saw me, he slowly turned around. “Daeun?”

 

My body reacted immediately. Without wasting a second, I ran to him, my eyes starting to well up. He gasped for an air when I came to hug him by the neck, tears continued to flow out.

 

“Daeun-ah,are you okay?” He patted my back.

 

“I’m not okay, unless I tell how sorry I am for forgetting you.” I sobbed, hugging him tighter.

 

“If this is about last night, Daeun, it’s oka-”


“No, it’s not okay.” I cut him. He became silent. I loosened a little to see his face. “I’m sorry, Junmyeon-ah. For these past two years, I had forgotten you.”

 

Suho held my face and looked at me in astonishment, “Y-You remembered now?”

 

I shook my head. “I may not remember everything, but I know deep within my heart belongs to you. My heart is only for you, Junmyeonie.

 

He stared at me for second, and tears began to form in his eyes. I hugged him again and he succumbed, hugging me tighter. “I-I miss you.”

 

I cried loud. “S-Sorry, I-I’m s-so sorry. I’ve forgotten you. I’m sorry for not recognizing you. I’m sorry, Junmyeon-ah.

 

He shook his head. “That doesn’t matter now. What’s important is that you’re in my arms again. I really missed you, Areum.

 

Suho inched back and I was slightly surprised that in the next second, his lips are already on mines. I replied to his kisses and I realized the kiss wasn’t so foreign to me. Suho may have kissed these lips of mine a million times before, and I wouldn’t regret it if I could get more from now on. The way he touches me, it’s as if I was already used to it. The feeling is very nostalgic.

 

He hugged me tighter, slanting his mouth against mine, parting his lips ever so slightly and deepened just a little more. Even though all I can remember are still fragments, I know from deep down, I love him.

 

I stopped and inched back, suddenly remembering something. “Wait, then why do you call me Areum?”

 

He chuckled, his eyes glistening in happiness. “I made up that nickname for you because when you combine Areum and Daeun-”

 

Areumdaeun?”I said, suddenly getting the idea.

 

“It means beautiful, and you are beautiful, Daeun-ah.” Suho held my hand and smiled to see that I was wearing the ring. “Can I be yours again?”

 

I smiled, tears forming my eyes. How blissful can this be?

 

I tiptoed and left a sweet kiss on his cheek. A sudden image flashes my mind, remembering that this place was the same place we shared our first kiss. “I’m already yours. As long as you keep saying I’m beautiful, I’ll be yours forever.”

 

He laughed and hugged me again, sweetly this time. “I love you, Areum. I’m very happy that you’re mines again.”

 

I hugged him back giggling, feeling his lips on my forehead.

 

 

 

 

“I may not remember everything, but I know deep within my heart belongs to you. My heart is only for you, Junmyeonie.”

 

 

Thanks for reading this story guys! Now let me get back to my main story now. See you there chingus! ^___^