psychologically: lunacy, emptiness, panic

pink tapeu
she’s twenty when they move in together.
 
“is that the last of it?” baek asks as you’re putting away plates and silverware in the kitchen.
“yes!” you call out, hoping he could hear you. you step out of the kitchen to the living room. “thanks baek!”
baek lets out a sigh of relief and sinks into the couch. “i can’t believe you’re doing this. moving into chanyeol’s place!” he says with an air of disbelief and surprise.
you smile out of embarrassment. “yep. this, is really happening. i mean, it’s not a huge step. chanyeol’s place is closer to my workplace. and we’re close enough to live comfortably as roommates and..he offered his spare room so, how could i say no?”
baek nods. “i’m happy for you.” 
you nod. “me too.”
you both look to the door as you hear heavy footsteps and exasperated breathing.
“the hell is in this box?” chanyeol puts the box down and sits on it, attempting to catch his breath.
he looks up and sees baek shaking his head in pity and you trying to stifle a laugh.
“what? ..were you guys talking about me?” you store chanyeol’s adorable, confused face in memory.
 
-
 
that night, chanyeol knocks on your door quietly. you left it open, for reasons unknown. you don’t say anything. he takes the sound of sheets ruffling as a sign that he can come in. you’ve moved to leave room for him. no words spoken, he climbs into bed with you. your heartbeats are uneasy for the first few minutes but the warmth emanating from his body and the faint rhythm of his breathing lulls you back to sleep. you might be half dreaming but his arms snakes around your middle and sleep takes you.
 
-
 
it’s only been a few months but things just seem so... perfect? the days pass by like so: you come back late from your job as an intern under an arts magazine, to see chanyeol napping on the couch, a ds3 lying open on his chest. as you reach to turn off the game, his arms suddenly grab yours, taking you by surprise. you close your eyes out of reflex and you feel yourself being pulled and you’re on top of him now. he waits for you to open your eyes. you do, slowly when you feel like everything’s safe.
you in a breath when you realize your position. he wraps his arms around you. you’re both so close so he chuckles low when he feels your erratic heartbeating on top of him. you both stare at each other for a while. chanyeol clearly amused at your unamused face.
“what the hell chanyeol?”
“sorry, i missed you.. too much.”
“i thought you were sleeping, gosh.”
“mmm... i was. but then i woke up.”
“yeah. i know. i was there. i’m still here! can you let go of me now!”
the sound of stomach growling.
you both look down and then up at each other again.
“was that you?” you both say at the same time.
“i don’t know.” you both say again at the same time.
laughter.
 
-
 
15 minutes later, you’re both at the local supermarket. chanyeol’s pushing a cart while you tell him things to put inside.
“why do you guys insist on coming to the supermarket like a half hour before closing?” soojung mutters.
“why do you insist on working here?” chanyeol jokes, consequently being knocked in the head with a candy bar.
“it’s my second job, shut up!”
“yeah, shut up! don’t talk about my soojung!” you play along and hug soojung defensively.
chanyeol rubs his sore spot and he looks like a kicked puppy. “sorry. jeez. what about me?”
“just pay for the groceries, please.” you say.
 
-
 
when chanyeol is pushing the cart full of bagged groceries out pass the automatic doors to the car, soojung holds you back before you follow him.
“hey, how are you?” she asks.
“i’m fine. doing good.”
soojung nods.
“what’s wrong soojung?”
“it’s just that-- well, where have you been?”
“me... ah, home, work, you know.”
“i mean, have you seen any of the other guys, you know.. our other friends?”
you think about this, about to answer ‘yes’ when you backtrack and well, “actually.. no. not recently.”
“and what about me? i only ever see you here at the store when i pick up night shifts and we don’t even go on our coffee dates anymore.” soojung frowns slightly, which is pretty big because sometimes her face is just automatically in pout mode.
“aw, soojung. i’m-- sorry.” you look outside to see chanyeol putting away the last of the groceries, and closing the car trunk.
“look, i’m-- can we talk about this somewhere else, another time? okay? i’ll text you.” you hug her quickly and start to walk away slowly, waiting for a response.
“yeah, okay.” she sighs. “go to chanyeol already. he’s waiting for you.” she says, shooing you off with her hand.
“okay. i’ll text you!” you say and run off.
soojung scoffs. “since when did you start running off after having the last word?”
 
-
 
“chanyeol.” you murmur quietly.
“hmm?” his eyes are closed when you turn in bed to face him.
“have you seen baek or sehun or any of them recently?”
“hmm... i.. saw jongin like a week ago. borrowed a suit from me for an interview. punk hasn’t given it back to me yet.”
you stay quiet. chanyeol finally turns to face you too and manages to open his still sleepy eyes.
“why...what’s wrong?” he reaches out a hand and lightly pokes your cheek. it doesn’t make you smile this time around.
“i think.. i’ve been distant... from everyone.”
“ah.. hang out with them, then. call them up, make a plan.”
“it isn’t that easy chanyeol.”
“it is. okay. don’t worry about it. if you are, just do something about it.” chanyeol envelops you in his warm embrace. he smells so good. it makes you sigh into his chest.
“okay.”
“now get some sleep.”
 
-
 
“_____!” your supervisor calls your name.
you stand up quickly to see her, with a new face standing next to her. you momentarily assess the boy but don’t get to do much as your attention is called again.
“this is kim namjoon. he’s another one of the participants. get his profile and schedule. you know, the necessities.”
“yes ma’am. leave it to me.” your supervisor nods and leaves the two of you.
“you can take a seat there, namjoon-ah. i’m _____ by the way.”
“ah, y-yes!” he obediently sits in the chair in front of your desk. cute.
 
 
 
 
 
a/n: how is the story so far guys? i'll update this when i get some feedback keke (: