at the first moment of a lovers' encounter, there's an affirmation of love.

pink tapeu
she was seventeen when she had her first kiss.
 
“soojung,” you pull her aside and talk quietly near her ear. “chanyeol offered to walk me home. so you don’t have to drop me off.”
she eyes you with a mischevious smile. “okay. call me if he does something stupid. or if you do~” she laughs and gets away before you can punch her. 
why is she always running away after dropping her ridiculous one-liners.
chanyeol waits for you at the end of the driveway, hands in his pockets as you say goodbye to everyone.
“happy birthday again sehun!” you hug the punk and then pinch his cheek.
“ow~ it’s still my birthday you know. you still have to be nice to me!” 
“i do not! remember who’s older here?”
“by 2 months! gosh let it go!” 
“just kidding sehunnie~ enjoy the rest of your day. and i better see that keychain on your backpack monday morning.”
sehun nods and waves. yeah, sometimes he’s precious, you guess.
 
you turn around and see chanyeol waiting obediently.
he looks really cool under the dim streetlight, with everything else dark around him. as soon as you get to his side, you both start walking towards your house.
a few minutes of silence, as soon as the ruckus from the party can’t be heard anymore, chanyeol speaks. “i think i still remember where your house is? if i’m wrong, please point me towards the right direction.”
“really? you don’t remember? you’ve visited me a few times.”
“yeah, but it wasn’t dark out. everything seems familiar but it looks like any other neighborhood street here to be honest.”
you laugh. “don’t worry then. i’ll make sure we don’t get lost.”
chanyeol hums, which means he’s happy. “can you believe we’re graduating next month?”
you nod but then catch yourself. chanyeol can’t ‘hear’ your nod. you’re about to say ‘yeah’ when he continues.
“i can’t-- i just, time flies by so fast you know? today is sehun’s birthday, yesterday i was finishing my college apps, tomorrow.. who knows?” he sighs.
“are.. are you worried for the future?” you ask after a pause.
“hmm, yes and no, i guess? like, i’m worried because i don’t know, will i be good enough? and then again, i can’t wait for everything to happen, to see what the future has in store for me.”
“i see.” you say quietly.
“sorry,” chanyeol scratches the back of his neck. “does that even make sense? i might just be rambling out of nervousness oh--”
that last part certainly caught your ears. “nervous? about what?”
you see the gate of your house coming up soon. woah, that was fast. you forgot how close you lived near sehun.
 
“chan..yeol?” you say as you stop. you turn to him. he doesn’t face you.
“don’t say my name like that..” he mumbles. 
“w-what?” 
“_____,” he turns towards you now. “listen. i don’t know if everything i’m about to say is going to make sense. but you’re pretty good at listening and understanding what i mean.. gosh, maybe that’s why you’re a good friend to me in the first place. but no-- that’s not what i’m trying to say. that we’re just good friends. i.. think i might.. _____. i like you. really, really like you. and i know that, we’re you know graduating soon and going to be doing our own things but i-i don’t want to think that just because we’re all graduating, that it’ll mean we’ll be apart and won’t ever get to see each other again. and i mean.. i don’t want to stop seeing you. god, i keep saying 'i want i want.' i probably sound really selfish, i’m so--"
 
chanyeol was probably too busy talking his mouth off that he didn’t hear you laugh and he definitely didn’t notice you getting closer to him, shutting him up with your lips.
after the quick peck, his eyes go wider than ever before. you haven’t seen them that wide since that time his idol, simon d, tweeted him back.
“i like you too. i’m going to go inside now.”
chanyeol’s face is still frozen for a minute or two before he breaks into a loud laugh and his eye twitches cutely.
“sshh! you idiot. people are sleeping.” you hold your finger to your mouth and turn to walk away.
“oh, oh okay. sorry.”
you’re opening the gate when you turn. chanyeol’s just started walking back.
“chanyeol!” you call, a little too loud but you don’t care. he turns quickly. “tomorrow. i’ll see you tomorrow!”
he nods and sticks his arm out, waving you goodbye.