love exists but with an absence of eternity

pink tapeu
when she was fifteen, she met chanyeol through a mutual friend at a school festival. they were in different classes but she was surprised that their circle of friends overlapped.
 
“isn’t it weird that we only met just now?” he said one day as they all sat together on the grass looking up at the fireworks lighting up the night sky.
“yeah. it’s okay. we know each other now.” you said with a smile.
-
 
she was seventeen when she confided in her best friend soojung that she somewhat had a crush on chanyeol.
“i knew it!” soojung said a little too loudly in the girls’ restroom. 
you covered . “soojung! shut up gaddam.”
“sorry.” soojung giggled as you took your hand off her. “so when are you gonna tell him?”
“what?”
“tell him you like him.”
“no.”
“what do you mean ‘no’?
“soojung, i don’t even know if i really do like him that way. it’s just this weird feeling when i see him? and even if it were something.. i don’t know.. real? if i do tell him.. what am i supposed to expect afterwards from him?”
“nothing.” she says simply with a small shrug of her shoulders.
“nothing? really?” you say judging her nonchalance.
“i mean, like, you shouldn’t expect anything. just let it happen. you do things to see what happens after. you’re not really supposed to know exactly what will go down, it just does and you accept it.”
you stare at her for a few seconds. “woah, jung soojung. what you been smokin?” you grab her shoulders and shake her as a joke.
“nothing. get off me! haaha. i guess i’ve been listening to my unnie’s conversations too much.”
“i see.” you say nodding.
“no, but seriously. tell him. and soon.”
you fidget. “when?”
“at sehun’s party this weekend. he’ll be there~” she singsongs the last part.
“ew go away.”
“_____~, do it! i didn’t want to say anything because i wasn’t sure how you felt about him til now but i heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from baek that chanyeol might like you a little bit too.” she smiles then “OKAY BYE~~~ SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND~ I’LL TEXT YOUUUU~” and soojung is off running like the thing she just said didn’t strike a chord in you.
“he... likes me too?”
-
what are you gonna wear?? you text soojung.
 
tank and a skirt. 
it’s april _____
 
omg i kno its april
but idk wtf to wear
gfdi i hate parties sometimes
 
girl calm k
wear that blue shirt with your leggings 
and boots ooh yah qurl
 
omg stahp
but ok
i trust u
 
you’ll look gooooood
promise (;
chanyeol will say so too watch
 
OMFG CAN U NOT RIGHT NOW
ohyeah you can still pick me up right?
 
yeee i’ll be at your place soon
 
don’t text while driving dummie
 
yah! i know gosh im still at home
-
 
“oh , i forgot to get a present for sehun.” soojung slaps her forehead as you’re both walking up the driveway to sehun’s house.
you laugh. “it’s okay. we can put both our names on the present i got for him.”
“what’d you get him?”
“a keychain with an ‘S’ and a dung emoji on it.” you hold up the little bag.
soojung laughs really hard. “you’re a freaken genius.” she hi-fives you.
 
-
 
“you guys made it!” sehun greets the both of you first, followed by baekhyun and jongdae.
“did you not think we were coming?” soojung retorts.
“well, you guys are kind of the last ones to come.” sehun pouts.
“happy birthday sehunnie~ this is from both of us.” you smile and hold up the bright blue bag.
“awww thanks~!” sehun takes the bag with his cute eye smile and turns to leave with it, probably take it up to his room.
when sehun’s body leaves, you see chanyeol. was he standing behind sehun the whole time?
“hey _____.”
“hi chanyeol.” you kind of awkwardly stand there, wishing that you had sehun’s birthday bag still, just for something to hold onto.
the silence is broken when jongdae grabs a hold of your shoulder. “why didn’t you bring your unnie?”
“jongdae, really. she’s prepping for her entrance exams.”
jongdae nods. “beautiful and smart.” he looks up and clenches his fist like he’s accomplished something great.
“please, get a life.” you say, taking that chance to walk away from jongdae and chanyeol. you scan your surroundings and aim for the chocolate fountain. stupid sehun and his privileged life. oh well, it benefits you since you can indulge yourself with all this since you’re a friend.
 
you take a wooden skewer and stick it into a strawberry. people like chocolate covered strawberries but you didn’t quite see the appeal. but you didn’t want to just a cup and fill it with chocolate.. that would be weird, you think.
you try the strawberry after covering it thoroughly with the chocolate.
just as you lift it to bite into it, another’s mouth is covering the entire berry and a second later, your skewer is empty.
your mouth drops and you look to the perpetrator. 
 
“CHANYEOL!” you shout.
he grins with his mouth closed as he is chewing.
you hit him on the arm.
“sorry. i couldn’t resist.” he looks directly at you and screw him for having such big bright eyes. you feel yourself reddening.
“why not just get your own?” you sigh, trying to get rid of your butterflies.
chanyeol just shrugs then you watch him pick up a rice krispy treat, dip it into the chocolate fountain and hands it to you.
“i think you’ll like this better.”
you eye the offered treat, confused but take it anyways. “thanks.” you say before taking the whole bite-size thing into your mouth.
chanyeol is rewarded with your satisfied face.
“good right?” he says.
you nod as you chew.