delusion that the moment will last forever

pink tapeu
she’s twenty when they have their first fight.
 
chanyeol leans in the doorway of your room, arms crossed with matching frown and furrowed brows.
“where are you going now?” he says with a tinge of authority.
you’re in front of your vanity, putting the last touches of makeup on, twisting your hair into its place.
“a work-related function, didn’t i tell you about it earlier?”
“yeah, i thought you went to that one already. wednesday night. it’s friday night.”
“oh,” you turn around, guiltily. “sorry, there’s another one tonight. it must’ve slipped my mind.” you turn back to face yourself in the mirror. “i’ve been really busy lately. i forgot to mention it.”
“yeah, obviously.” chanyeol mutters.
“what?” you turn, eyebrow pencil in hand.
chanyeol shakes his head. you put your stuff down and place your hands in your lap.
“chanyeol, are you mad that i forgot to tell you?”
he looks at the ground. you sigh and get up and walk up to him.
you tilt your neck so you can look up at him. “hey, what if.. you go with me!”
he straightens up with an expression of surprise. “r-really? ah... can i?”
“yeah, why not? it’d be nice to show up with a date like the other girls who work with me. ”
chanyeol laughs. “date? are you just using me now?” he raises an eyebrow.
“yeah, you idiot. a date. and no, i'm not using you! i asked you to come, didn’t i? so you want to come with me or not?”
chanyeol nods. “i guess i’ll get dressed then.”
“please do. and don’t wear anything that’ll embarrass me!” you shout down the hall as he runs back to his room.
 
-
 
despite your warning, you still end up feeling embarrassed but that’s your own fault because gaddammit why does chanyeol have to clean up so well??
“hey, you didn’t say anything about my outfit yet! i must’ve done something right huh?” chanyeol smiles as he offers his arm when you get out of the car.
you take his arm, not meeting his eyes. “yeah, yeah.”
he pulls his arm closer, pulling you in closer as well so your hand is sandwiched comfortably between his arm and side.
the event is held inside the banquet room of a fancy four-star hotel. there are classy people milling about the hotel lobby and near the room. flashes from cameras light up the room every now and then. everyone’s decked out in their finest black and white. you subconsciously brush the skirt of your black dress to dispel any folds that might’ve formed during the car ride there. chanyeol notices your anxiousness.
“i think you look nice.” he says before you enter the banquet room. you finally look up at him and give him a smile, sometimes chanyeol just knew exactly what to say.. anyone looking on could see how close you two were.
“yeah?” you ask.
his laugh rumbles low in his chest. “fine as hell.”
you pinch his arm and shake your head. “chanyeol please.”
“_____! you’ve finally made it.” your supervisor walks up to you with her date in tow, presumably her husband. you release your arm from chanyeol’s as they approach.
“yes ms. song. ah this is..” you turn to chanyeol, he looks at you before quickly turning back to ms. song.
“i’m park chanyeol, _____’s boyfriend.”
“oh, nice to meet you, mr. park.”
“the pleasure is all mine.” chanyeol bows his head, missing ms. song’s winking smile towards you. you can only blush and smile back because chanyeol just introduced himself to your boss as your boyfriend. you knew it was true but to have him say it himself made you giddy inside.
 
ms. song leaves. you tug chanyeol with you as you enter the banquet room.
“‘the pleasure is all mine’?” you mock him with a smirk.
“what? i was trying to go for a good first impression.” he pouts cutely.
“i know. and you succeeded. i think she likes you.”
chanyeol lets out a sigh. “that’s a relief. wouldn’t want your boss hating me. she might overwork you!”
you shake your head. “she wouldn’t do that, she loves me okay i--”
“_____!”
both you and chanyeol’s heads turn at the voice.
“oh namjoon-ah~” you wave him over.
“namjoon-ah?” chanyeol whispers near your ear.
“namjoon, this is park chanyeol, my--”
“hello, i’m ______’s boyfriend.” chanyeol cuts in, sticking his hand out.
“ah, nice to meet you chanyeol.” namjoon says, shaking hands with chanyeol.
“chanyeol, he’s the reason why this event is going on right now.”
“what?” chanyeol is utterly confused; how can this event be because of one guy?!
“well, more than just him. you know how i work for an arts magazine right?”
chanyeol nods.
“our magazine is under an umbrella company which houses many other music departments and their affiliated published works. basically, this event is showcasing local talent in each magazines’ respective regions. namjoon here applied to be one of our showcased talents.”
“ah, i see. what are you going to do namjoon? sing? dance?” chanyeol muses since he figures that’s what almost everyone in the music industry goes for.
“rap. i’m going to rap for the showcase tonight.”
you nod and smile out of proudness. chanyeol is slightly shocked. “oh? how interesting.”
“chanyeol raps too, namjoon-ah! that’s what i’ve been meaning to tell you. wow, it’s a good thing you came with me today chanyeol.”
namjoon nods. “______ tells me a lot about you.”
“oh does she?” chanyeol’s eyebrows lift as he looks at you.
a guy with a headset and a clipboard walks up behind namjoon. “oh, namjoon there you are. they want you backstage. show’s going to start soon.”
namjoon nods. “okay, it was nice meeting you chanyeol. i’ll see you later ______.” he bows his head before following the guy.
 
 
 
a/n: hmm... wondering when the "first fight" (as mentioned in the beginning of this chapter) is going to be?

alsoooo, i forgot to apologize in the first place for lapslock! hopefully it doesn't take away from the story (:
thank you for reading~~~