36

Falling In Love

"Minhee, will you marry me?"

 

"No"

Sehun POV

"What?" Was I hearing right? Did I just get rejected? I blinked repeatedly, still in my kneeling position. I couldn't move from my position nor comprehend why... why she gave me that answer. Did I say the right thing? Did I do something wrong? Was I too nervous? Did it show?

"Did-Did you just say... no?" I asked, this time, I could feel my tears filling my eyes. This didn't make any sense to me. She told me she loved me. I propose to her yet she says no? Didn't she share the same as me? So why? Why did she say no?! Minhee nodded and bit her lower lip.

"Mianhae oppa. I can't marry you" before I could ask why, she ran away from me. I was dumbfounded. I dropped my hands, leaving them by my side. Staring off into the distance, I collapsed and fell on my . Many thoughts ran through my mind, thoughts and questions that I had no answer to. This made me grow more frustrated. I threw the box onto the ground and screamed, punching whatever was near me. Before I knew it, my hot tears ran down my cheeks. I didn't bother wiping them away. Clenching my teeth together, I tried holding my tears in, but it wasn't working very well. The tears kept falling and they wouldn't stop anything time soon. I grabbed and fistful of my hair and gripped it. Sure, pulling my hair hurt, but at least it would help me forget about the strong pang in my heart. And let's be honest, both of the pains weren't decreasing.

"Dammit..."

Minhee POV

When I saw Sehun kneel down before me, I knew what was going to happen next. As he asked the question I was expecting, I could cry of happiness! No, if I died right that moment, I could die without regrets. Yes... I wanted to say yes, but I couldn't bring myself to say it. Instead, now I was crying because I felt guilty. 

I ran away, knowing I knew he wasn't expecting that answer. When I said no, I immediately regretted it and when I saw his hurt expression... I don't know. It pains me inside and it made me want to hug him... hug him and tell him my real answer. But... it was not time for me to get married.

I cried and cried, nonstop until I reached the castle. Even then, I couldn't stop crying. I sniffled and tried running to my room, when I bumped into someone. Great... not the perfect moment right now. I bowed quickly and kept my head down, not caring about who I ran into. When I was going to run away, I felt that person's hand grab my arm with such force, that it hurt. I finally looked up and saw Kai looking at me, along with his other brothers, with concern in his eyes.

"... Minhee what happened? Didn't Sehun propose to you?" Kai asked. Hearing Sehun's name... I broke down again. Tears streamed down my face again and I ran into Kai's arms. He was surprised, big time, but he hugged me comfortingly, patting my head. I cried into his chest and I couldn't stop

"Minhee, tell me what happened" Kai said in a soft voice, making me calm down a little bit. I sniffed again but shook my head. With the state im in now, I don't think I can do anything at the moment. All i wanted to do was get back to my room

"Minhee... Sehun did propose to you right?" Kai asked, still time, it was a lot softer. He broke away from the hug to get a better look at my face. I nodded

"And... did you say yes?" The pang in my heart hit me hard. I swallowed the lump that was in my throat and I shook my head. I could tell that Kai was shocked, surprised beyond belief.

"You said no?" I nodded once again. Kai furrowed his eyebrows and brought me to his chest again

"Suho, go check on Sehun, you guys too" Kai demanded. With one nod, they all ran to find Sehun. I was still in Kai's tight embrace and I found myself walking with him to somewhere. 

We walked further than I expected, I wonder where he was taking me. Even though he didn't talk the whole way, I knew he was worried about me and Sehun, and he wanted to know what happened so he can fix the problem so he didn't say anything. He knew it wasn't the right time, the right place to talk. 

I had stopped crying for a while, now I was all depressed, all down. I needed to rest, but I knew I wouldn't be able to rest without telling someone why I rejected Sehun. It would be bugging me if I don't get it out. As we reached our destination, I looked up and squinted my eyes. There was a bright light shinging in my eyes and it took me a while to adjust my sight. As they did adjust, I saw that we were outside, that explains why there was a slight breeze. We were on a deck and the view was breath-taking. Although it was a fantastic sight, what was the sight supposed to make me feel? Happy? Yeah right, that wouldn't happen soon.

There were two chairs set up around a small round table. Kai was the first to sit down at the table, but I was left standing. I knew what was going to happen and I was not in the mood for all of this. I was about to leave but Kai's voice stopped me

"Let's talk" he said. It was wasn't aggressive or in a scolding tone. It was more if a gentle, soft tone, more like inviting me to be with him. Hesitating for a bit, I took a seat that was next to him and we just sat there in silence for a while, looking out into the distance before us. I bit my lower lip not knowing what to say.

"I heard Sehun proposed to you" Kai started, cutting off the silence. I nodded my head in silence and looked down to look at my fingers.

"And you said no?" Kai this time looked over at me. I didn't dare look at him so I just nodded again

"Can you tell me why?" this was my chance... to tell someone about my feelings. And that's just what I did. For hours, I just told him how I couldn't marry him. That I was too young for marriage. That I wasn't ready at all. What if my feelings for him change after we marry? That would be fair to him. And we haven't met each other for that long, it wasn't even a year. Marriage? Already... I'm not prepared for it. I kept ranting on why I couldn't marry him, and Kai just listened. He didn't say anything, just nodded and added a few comments here and there. During my talk, I had to stop once in a while because I felt bad about rejecting him. If I had said yes, would things turn out differently? I covered my face with my hands, and groaned. Why did I have to react the way I did? I had my reasons... so why was I crying so much. It was like I just got rejected from Sehun when that was the complete opposite.

"Minhee, you love Sehun don't you?" Kai asked. I nodded and stuck my lower lip out

"You also feel the same way Sehun does. He really loves you, more than he loves our mom..." he joked, making me slight laugh escape my lips

"But really, he does love you, more than you can imagine. And the reason for his proposal... well, he thought that you would feel the same way. But now that I understand why you declined, it does make sense. Sehun is too blind to see that he is taking this way too fast. But if it was like that, why didn't you tell Sehun? I'm sure he would have understand" Kai suggested

"Would he?" I muttered to myself

Sehun POV

I sat on the cold, stone floor, my back pressed against the bench and I stared straight down at the ground. I can't believe I just got rejected... did that really just happen? Was I imagining this? Was I dreaming? If I wake up right now, this'll all be a dream right? I was only imagining the worst scenero right? But that wasn't it, it was reality and the cold, hard truth was that this moment will forever be dug into my memory. Thinking about how humiliating that was, I broke down again. I kicked the thin air and tears poured out like there was no tomorrow.

I heard footsteps coming my way and I thought maybe... just maybe Minhee would come running back. But when I looked up, Minhee wasn't running towards me. Instead, it was my brothers. Because none of them were Minhee, I didn't bother giving them another glance. I looked back down and continued to cry, not bothered that they were here with me now

"Hey Sehun, get up" Suho tried lifting me off the floor, but I had no energy to get up and Suho wasn't trying enough, so I stayed put in my position. Suho sighed and signalled Chanyeol and Baekhyun to get me off the ground. As told, they tried lifting me off the ground, but I kept my weight down. They lifted me unsuccessfully. Suho furrowed his eyebrows together and kneeled down to my level, looking into my eyes

"Yah, Sehun, I told you to get up. Are you not getting up?" Suho's voice changed into the usual soft, gentle voice to the hard, aggressive tone. That didn't fase me and I didn't answer him. Suho only sighed and continued to kneel.

"Sehun, I can understand how you feel right now. Miserable, like there is no reason to live anymore, but you know, thinking those thoughts aren't going to help your situation. Have you ever thought about why Minhee said no? Did hear her reasons? She was crying earlier, did you know that? No, you didn't because you are here, not running after her. This is what I call pathetic Sehun. You need to get up and get your act together. It's not the end of the world, and its not like Minhee broke up with you or anything" Suho said. What he did make a lot of sense and had logic to it, but somehow, his words couldn't make it through my thick skull of mine.

"Does that matter? She rejected me... she doesn't love me.." and a tear escaped my eye. Saying those words hurt so much more than thinking it in my head. That got on Suho's last nerve. He stood up and glared at me from above, looking at me with pity

"If you're going to act like that... fine. Be that way. Acting like this won't help your relationship with Minhee. At all, it'll only worsen, I hope you think about that and get a hold of yourself" Suho and the rest left, all nodding in agreement.

Finally, I was left alone, just like I wanted right? I needed some time alone, but why does feeling alone... feel like this? So empty... After a quite a while of thinking, I had calmed down, I was getting back to my senses. What Suho said, it was finally getting to me. I felt so stupid, and now guilt was eating at me. I wanted to go to Minhee and fix everything, but right now, I really needed to be alone. I slowly got up off the ground and walked back into the castle.

The noise of my footsteps filled the empty hallway. No one was in the hallway besides me, i guess that was a good thing at the moment. Just as i thought I could get away without anyone seeing how horrible I looked right now, I heard footsteps coming from the opposite direction as me. I slightly looked up and my heart broke into a million pieces. Minhee and Kai were walking this way. What hurt that most was that i could see Minhee's tear stained face. Was she crying that much? Was she crying just like me? I didn't even care that Kai had his arms around her, but seeing her like that, made me feel even more guilty. Seeing what I have done to her, i couldn't even approach her.

As they walked passed me, I didn't even look at them, especially Minhee. I couldn't. Because I made her like this, I ignored her. I knew she didn't want to talk to me, let alone see me right now, so ignoring her was the best option. I stared straight ahead, not even looking at Kai, and walked into my room, where I can be alone

Minhee POV

After our long talk, Kai helped me up and put an arm around me. I was still feeling weak in the knees, so if he hadn't had an arm around me, i probably wouldn't have gotten up. I would have just sat there forever, or at least until I felt better.

We were talking down the hallway, and Kai was always trying to make me smile or laugh by making a joke or making funny remarks about his brothers. I had to admit, even if I didn't crack a smile, he did make me feel a lot better. I think I can talk to Sehun now. I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I have the confidence to do so. I looked straight ahead of me, and my eyes widened. Sehun was walking the opposite direction of us, hands stuffed in his pockets and head down. There was a depressing aura around him. Did... Did I really make him feel like that? Ugh, you shouldn't have ran away Minhee. Pabo!

As Sehun was getting closer to us, I gripped onto Kai's shirt. I could see his tear stained face and a blank expression as he walked. I gave him an apologetic look, hoping that he would look up and make eye contact. And maybe then, I could fix everything. But that didn't happen. He ignored me and walked right passed me.

Was he really that made at me? Mad enough that he couldn't even look at me? I started to tear up again but I bit my lip to prevent the tears from coming down. When we got to my room, I quickly thanked Kai and slammed my door shut. I sniffled and walked to my bed, laid down, and cryed into my pillow.

"This was all my fault..."

 

 

-   -   -

sorry for all of you that wanted Minhee to say yes but not everybody can say yes just like that... anyway, if you guys have any questions or want to rant on this story, please ask on my ask.fm account ^^ I would appreciate it if you would :) or down in the comments is fine also :)

http://ask.fm/AFF33jjlover

ALSO! this story is coming to an end soon TT~TT

Please subscribe and comment :)

NO SILENT READERS!