Unexpected

Fighters Of Guns & Bullets

Chloe's POV: "I think she's dead...." A muffled voice said from above me. I groaned and rolled over from were the sound came from. "Five more minutes..." I groaned in annoyance. What does a girl have to do to get some sleep around here? A moment later I felt a pair of hands gentle shake me. I groaned and opened up my eyes slowly. "Ok good, she's alive." A voice said softly. I could barely make out the blurry shapes of Jung Kook and Seungjin. I blinked a couple times and slowly sat up. "Morning." Seungjin said brightly. My only response was a loud yawn. "Why are you guys up so early?" I asked annoyedly. Jung Kook shrugged and gave Seungjin a annoyed glare. "He woke me up." He mumbled. I sat up and rested my arms on my thighs. I'm exhausted...I couldn't sleep at all last night. Everyone has been treating me very weirdly, it's like their watching what they say. "I wonder if Sungjae has woken Zelo up yet." Jung Kook said curiously. As if on que, Sungjae trudged in the living room. I giggled and covered my mouth as he faced us. A huge bruise was on his face. "Mission to wake Zelo up...Failed." He mumbled rubbing his bruised cheek. We all laughed and I sighed. "Morning." JR greeted as he walked in the living room with us. We all said our greetings and I yawned once more. I blushed as Seungjin flashed me a charming smile and sat beside me. "Jung Kook, Can I talk to you?" JR asked.

                                 "Yeah." Jung Kook said confusedly. We all stared at him in confusion and he shook his head and mouthed 'I don't know.' before walking off after him. "I wonder what's going on."  I whispered to Sungjae. He shrugged and titled his head. I strained to listen to their conversation, but I only got whispers. "What's going on?" A half awake voice said from in front fo us. I looked over to see Zelo swaying on his feet. His dark hair was sticking up crazily. "I don't know.."  I  mumbled in deep concentration. Zelo sat cross legged in front of us and he narrowed his light blue eyes at me. I stared at him in confusion. Did I do something? He seems pretty mad... A second later, Jung Kook and JR both walked in the living room, side by side. We all looked up at them curiously. JR cleared his throat and scanned our barely awake faces. "Were going on  a man hunt." He said lifting up his black gun. We all stared at him in surprise. Is someone else after us now? "Who are we going after?" Seungjin spoke up from beside me. JR narrowed his eyes and sighed. "The Sherrif. From what I saw yesterday, he's very determined to have us all dead." He said softly. We all looked down and I took a deep breath. "So, were going after him." He said after our moment of silence. We all were quiet for a moment, and I jumped as Zelo grabbed his silver gun off the coffee table. "I'm ready, let's go." He said sternly. JR chuckled and his gaze rested on me. "Chloe, this is your first mission." He said steadily. I felt my heart pound against my chest nervously. I don't think I'm ready.

                                Everyone seemed to think that to, because they exchanged unsure looks. "But...." Seungjin objected, but JR held his hand up in front of his face for him to be quiet. "I understand she hasn't had that much training done, so that's why Jung Kook and Zelo are going with her." He said slowly. I looked at Jung Kook in surprise. He smiled warmly and nodded. I jumped in surprise as Zelo stood up quickly, and he stared at JR intensely. "Why do I have to go? Why can't Seungjin go instead?" He asked annoyedly. We all stared at him in surprise, and I felt my mouth drop open a little. JR opened his mouth to say something, but closed it. He blinked a couple times at his brother and sighed. "Zelo-" He began resting his hand on his shoulder. "She'd rather have Seungjin with her then me. She needs to learn to be on her own, if she gets killed, it's not my fault. I'm not her caretaker." He snapped glaring at me heavily. Before anyone could say anything else, he turned around and stomped off. "Zelo wait-" JR began once more but he was cut off by the violent sound of the door slamming. We all sat there in stunned silence, I sighed heavily. What did I do to make him so mad? But he also seemed upset to... "Geez, what did you do?" Sungjae asked raising a eyebrow at me. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it. "I don't know..." I mumbled sadly. "Iv'e never seen him like that..." JR mumbled half to himself as he leaned against the wall. I stood up and walked towards the front door. I ignored the burning sensation of everyones eyes as they watched me walk off. I slowly walked outside on the porch. Zelo was leaning against the railing in deep thought. 

                                     His dark hair turned a dark blue in the bright sunlight. "Zelo..." I began walking towards him slowly. He looked over his shoulder and glared at me intensely. "What do you want?" He snapped. I stopped and stared at him sadly. What did I do? "What's wrong?" I asked standing beside him once more. He didn't look at me, he just stared at the trees that seemed to engulf the house. "Why would you care? Just leave me alone." He said stubbornly. I gentle made him face me and I stared at him sadly. "Your my friend. Now tell me what's wrong?" I asked sternly. His blue eyes flickered on me, making me feel like I was frozen. "Why don't you ask your little boyfriend? He seems to know everything apparently." He said glaring at me. I stared at him in confusion and his light blue eyes glimmered with sadness. "What do you mean..?" I asked softly. He snickered and looked down. "You know what I mean. I saw you and Seungjin last night. You could have told me you liked him.." He said before looking away akwardly. My whole body seemed to freeze up and I looked down. Why does it bother him? "Why is it bothering you?" I asked without thinking.  He looked at me sharply and sadness was visible in his light blue eyes. "It doesn't...It's just obvious you don't need me anymore." He said turning his back on me. "What do you mean?" I asked going wide eyed. "I' dont't want to come between you and Seungjin. I won't get in the way...So..I'll just stay away." He said turning his back on me. I felt tears blur my vision. And I blinked them away violently. Why am I about to cry?! "Zelo, your like my best friend." I begged. He stopped walking and looked over his shoulder. "Not anymore. Take care of yourself...Don't get yourself killed. I won't be there to save you." He said sadly. He sighed and continued to walk away from me. 

                                        Jung Kook's POV: "Come on, we need to set up the teams." JR said beckoning me after him. I nodded and we all walked outside. I raised a eyebrow as I saw Chloe sitting on the porch steps. Her face was buried in her hands, and her light blonde hair fell in her face. "Chloe, are you ok?" I asked kneeling down to her. She lifted her head slowly and forced a fake smile. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said before standing up quickly and walking up the porch staires that creaked loudly under her feet.  "Ok, everyone line up." JR said said standing in front of the steps. I stood beside Chloe and stared at her concernedly. She looked like she's been crying. I glanced at Seungjin, but he had the same usual smile. "Where's Zelo?" JR asked softly. Chloe looked up and sadness filled her bright blue eyes. Did her and Zelo get into a arguement? "I'm here." He replied making us all look up. He ran up the porch steps clumsily. JR nodded and clapped his hands together. "Ok, time to assign teams." He said scanning our faces. "Chloe, Jung Kook and Seungjin are a team." JR said pointing to each of us in turn. I smiled and wrapped my arm around Chloe's shoulder. "Hear that? Were on a team." I said struggling to make her smile. She just nodded and sadly studied her feet. I glanced at Zelo who glared heavily at Seungjin. What happened between those three? "Jesse, Zelo and Me are on a team." JR said turning to those three. Jesse squealed and hugged Zelo tightly. He glanced at her and gave a small smile. 

                                  Chloe looked up at them and anger and jealousy glowed in her blue eyes. "What's wrong?" Seungjin whispered gentle to her. She glanced at him and regret glowed in her eyes. "Nothing." She said softly. Zelo looked at Chloe when she wasn't looking, and his gaze softened. I don't want to be noisy...So maybe I should let her get better on her own. "Are you sure?" JR asked Sungjae worriedly. Sungjae rolled his eyes and flipped his black bangs. "Yes. I'm fine on my own." He said as if he said it a thousand times. JR gave him one last concerned glance and clapped his hands together. "All of you look for clues were the sherrif might be." He said determinadly. We all nodded, and a second later we broke into our groups. Chloe looked over her shoulder at Zelo who was talking with JR softly. "Chloe, are you sure nothings wrong?" Seungjin said walking faster so he was standing beside her. "I don't want to talk about it." She said sadly before walking ahead while studying her feet. Seungjin gave me a helpless look and I shrugged and sighed. "Let her think things through." I said softly. We just got to keep a sharp eye on her. "Maybe I shouldn't have kissed her." Seungjin said softly. I looked at him in surprise. "Have you noticed how her and Zelo are acting towards each other?" He asked his light brown eyes glowing with guilt. I nodded and looked down. When he saw them kiss, he looked really hurt. "Maybe me and her should break up." Seungjin said suddenly making me stare at him. "Why?" I asked. 

                                 "That's the last thing you want to do. She wil be crushed, just be there for her through this." I said scoldingly. I looked up at Chloe who had her arms wrapped around her tightly, and her bright blonde hair blew in her face. I stopped dead as there was a loud pitched scream. Chloe looked over her shoulder at us wide eyed. Could that be the sherrif? "Come on!" I yelled loudly before dashing foreword. I swurved through the cars in traffic as we reached the heart of the town. The cars honked their horns loudly as he swurved through them. The loud blood chilling scream came once more, and I forced my legs to go faster. We swurved our way on the white side walk and I slowed my pace. People shoved their way past me, making me stumble. Chloe and Seungjin ran beside me. "She stopped screaming.." Seungjin said his light brown eyes wide. "We can't give up." Chloe said determinadly. She walked in front of us and looked around quickly. I jumped in surprise as the scream came from close by. We turned a corner swiftly to end up in the familiar allway. I frowned as I stepped in the dirty water puddles and I looked around. "Over here!" Seungjin yelled before running straight ahead. I ran after him and our footsteps echoed off the walls. A older women, about late thirties was curled up in a ball against the brick building. She had her knees tucked close to her chest. I knelt down to her and smiled. "What happened? Are you ok?" I asked studying her worriedly. The women stopped crying for a moment and she looked up at me. Her dirty blonde hair was stuck to her face, and her make up was smudged on her pale face. "T-They...They tried me." She sobbed.

                                    Chloe gentle pushed her way past me and reached her hand out to her. "Your safe now." She said her voice smooth as honey. The lady looked up at her and stood up shakily. "Thank you." She sobbed before hugging Chloe tightly. She went wide eyed and stared at me shocked. I smiled and gave a tiny laugh. The lady finally let go and stared at us. "Who are you?" She asked, her voice hoarse from crying to much. "I'm Chloe. And these are my friends Jung Kook and my boyfriend Seungjin." She said pointing to us each in turn. The lady went wide eyed  and wrapped her arms tightly around Chloe. I tensed up protectively and narrowed my eyes in suspcion. "Chloe!" The lady yelled loudy before sobbing. Chloe gentle patted her back and gave a shaky laugh. "Yeah, that's my name." She said softly. "Chloe, it's me." The lady said staring at her with warmth in her eyes. Chloe stared at her in confusion, then her light blue eyes widened in amazement. "Mom?" She asked her voice cracking. Mom? I thought her mom left her....The lady laughed for a moment and nodded. Chloe hugged the lady tightly and tears streamed down her pale face. "Mom..." She sobbed softly. Seungjin blinked in confusion and glanced at me. They both finally let go of each other, and Chloe grabbed her hand gentle. "Come on mom. You can stay with us for a little bit." She said pulling her after her. Seungjin grabbed my arm, making me stumble back towards him clumsily. "Are you sure JR will like that?" He asked softly. I shrugged.

                                        Chloe's POV: "Are you ok?" I asked turning around to face her. She flicked her wrist and nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'm just a little shaky." She said softly. I smiled at her and looked down at my feet. It's good to see my mother again...I missed her so much. "Have you seen your father lately?" My mother asked making me stop dead in my tracks. Jung Kook and Seungjin exchanged worried glances. "No, I haven't." I replied steadily. My mom nodded slowly and smiled brightly. "Well, I was just making sure he wasn't doing anything reckless." She said before continuing to walk beside me. I forced a smile and looked down. Yeah, I wish he wasn't. "You guys live down here?" She asked as we began walking down the dirt road. "Yeah, it's kind of peaceful down here." Jung Kook said with a smile. My mom nodded in agreement and looked at the woods that seemed to engulf the house. "My other friends live with us to." I said warningly. Hopefully JR will hear me out, and not automatically kick her out. We walked on the white porch that creaked loudly underneath our feet. I slowly opened up the door and my mom gasped in awe. "It's beautiful." She said looking around slowly. I jumped as JR walked towards us. "Did you find..." He began but trailed off as he saw my mother. "Who's this?" He snapped pointing a finger at her. I gentle grabbed his arm and pulled him aside. "JR, this is my mother. She was almost in a allyway." I said softly. He narrowed his blue eyes at me. "What are you trying to say?" He asked flatly. 

                                   "Can she please stay here? Just for a little while?" I begged. He raised a eyebrow and surpressed a sigh. I scooted closer to him and gave him the puppy dog eyes. "Fine, for a little while." He said pointing at me warningly. I smiled and gave a bounce of excitement. I hugged him tightly and he chuckled softly and hugged me back. "Wow, your gourgeous. Now I know were Chloe gets her good looks from." Sungjae said smiling hugely at my mother. "Why thank you." She giggled flicking her wrist bashfully at him. "You all can call me Sarah." She said with a smile. I watched them for a moment and I smiled. Everyone seems to be trying to get to know her. I jumped as someone gentle nudged me aside. Sadness stabbed me as I realized it was Zelo. He glanced over his shoulder at me and gave a small nod. "He's a cutie." My mom's voice from beside me made me jump. I squealed with surprise and stared at her. She was staring at Zelo with a amused smile across her lips. "W-What?" I stammered staring at her innocently. She giggled and flipped her blonde hair. "I see the way you stare at him. Are you guys in a arguement? It's only natural for couples to fight, sweet heart." She said resting her hand on my shoulder. I felt my face turn three shades of red and I backed away from her to only bump into the wall. "N-No...He's not my boyfriend." I said quickly. "Really? That's a shame." She said crossing her arms and pouted. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall. "Honestly, me and him aren't friends anymore." I said softly.She stared at me and sighed softly. "That's natural to. Maybe you guys should make up." She said with a small smile. I stared at her. 

                                  "If he was your friend, you would do anything to save your friendship." She said my face gentle while staring at me softly. I nodded and sighed heavily. "Ok, I'll try talking to him." I said softly before turning away from her. "Wait, actually there's something I wanted to ask you." She said doubtfully. I looked up and looked over my shoulder at her. "What?" I asked curiously. She akwardly looked down and rubbed the back of her neck akwardly. "You have nice friends here. But...I wanted to ask you if you wanted to move back in with me." She said her light blue eyes filled with hope. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it. But....I'm part of the gang. Overtime, I thought of them as my friends...and family. "Please? I want to make up the time I lost with you." She said grabbing my hands. I looked at our hands and looked down in deep concentration. It's been my dream to live with my mother again. "Can I think about it?" I asked softly. She smiled even though sadness glowed in her light blue eyes. I turned away and ran my fingers through my dirty blonde hair. Great...I walked on the porch and leaned against the door. I rested my arms on the railing of the porch and looked up at the dark indigo sky. Stars seemed to glow brightly in the sky. "Chloe..." A voice said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and felt my eyes stretch wide. "Zelo?" I asked shockingly. He stood beside me and looked down at his feet. "I heard the news." He said softly. News? I stared at him in confusion. "You mean with me might be moving in with my mom?" I asked curiously. He stared at me and I blushed a little at how serious he looked. "Please Don't." 

                                    He blushed slightly and looked down akwardly. "I mean...You can if you want...But..." He stammered looking down, making his dark bangs fall in his face. "I was pretty shocked that she asked me..." I said looking back up at the sky. He glanced at me and I blushed heavily as he pushed me into his arms. I blushed even more as he hugged me tightly. "Don't leave. Were all going to miss you..." He began and he paused for a moment. "I-I will miss you." He said softly. My heart seemed to drum against my chest. He'll miss me? "I'll miss you to." I said softly. I hugged him back tightly and I felt a small smile spread across my lips. "And...I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." He mumbled studying his feet. I smiled at him and laughed. "It's ok." I said gentle nudging him. "Here." He said placing something heavy and cold in my hand. I opened it to see a beautiful silver cross necklace that gleamed in the bright moonlight. "If you do leave, you can keep this. And... You won't ever forget us." He said looking at me softly. I blushed heavily and put it on. Zelo...I think I'm going to miss him the most. "Did you guys finally make up?" Jung Kook asked from behind us. I nodded slowly and everyone came outside while mumbling to each other softly. "Looks like Zelo apologized to his girlfriend." JR said teasingly. Zelo glared heavily and pushed him annoyedly. "Go away...You have no friends." He said in annoyance. My mom smiled and rested her hands on my shoulder. I smiled at her. 

                                                 Sarah's (Chloe's Mom) POV: "You have a good family here, Chloe." I said resting my hand on her shoulder. She smiled up at me happily. A family of criminals, that's what they are. But...What can you do...She's were she wants to be. "Does Chloe like this kid?" I whispered to JR. He glanced at me and he shrugged. "I think they both like each other." He said in amusement. "Chloe, do you like Zelo?" I asked openly. Everyone stared at me and smiles appeared on their faces. Chloe looked at me, her light blue eyes stretching wide. "W-What?" She stammered. Everyone 'oohed' loudly and she yelled at them annoyedly. "It's ok. I know princess here likes me." Zelo teased with a half smile. Chloe's pale face turned bright and she shook her head and held her hands up in surrenduer. "What...No I don't! Not like that!" She squealed. A part of me knows my little girl won't want to stay with me. But...I know her father is sceaming something. And I got to make sure these kids don't get hurt. "Well, Let's get inside." I said shooing everyone inside quickly. "But we aren't tired yet." Seungjin whined loudly. I giggled and ignored his protest. "Let's get to know each other." I said facing all of them. "I think your a little to old for us." Zelo said softly. I giggled and hit him gentle. "Not like that silly, just talk to each other." I said with a smile. They all nodded and ran in the living room."There's no room, Chloe, sit on Zelo's lap." I said micheviously. Her face turned red and she opened to objection. "Nope, do it." I smiled.