Old Enemies

Fighters Of Guns & Bullets

Chloe's POV: "Wake up..." A muffled faint voice said from above me. I groaned and fidgeted in protest to keep sleeping. I jumped as there was another hard shove in attempt to wake me up. "I'm up, I'm up." I said slowly. I opened my blue eyes slightly to be surrounded by darkness. I could just make out the outlines of Jesse sitting on my other side. I sighed heavily as lights streamed in through the tiny windows of our black jeep. We've been driving for a while, and I am not even sure if were close yet. My seemed to go numb from sitting in the black leather seats for so long. I looked over to see Zelo who was asleep. He was leaning against the black leather seat, his black hair dangling in front of his pale face. "You both looked really comfortable." Sungjae said leaning foreword to see me. "What do you mean?" I asked confusedly. "You were cuddled up against him, and he had his head on your shoulder."  Jung Kook explained flashing a bright smile. I blushed and looked down at the dark floor board. "Were almost there." JR said as he looked in the rerview mirror at us. Were are we even going?I looked at the others in deep confusion. "Were are we going, guys?" I asked curiously. Sungjae wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to him.  "Were going to California." He said cheerfully. California? That's a long way away from New York...I guess they wanted to be extra careful. "Oh, ok." I said softly.

                                    "JR, isn't this you and Zelo's home town?" Sungjae asked the lights dancing across his face. I looked at him curiously and gave a tiny smile. JR clenched the steering wheel harder in his grip and grinnded his teeth together. "Yeah...It is." He mumbled softly. Wow....So were going to be in there hometown. I looked out the window at the busy streets and the people that zoomed past the car. "Were are we going to live?" Seungjin asked pressing his face against the dark window. "Can we live in one of those awesome beach houses?"  Sungjae squeaked grabbing the back of JR's seat. JR rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. "We don't want to draw attention to ourselves." He said sternly. I wonder if were well known around here to. "Someone wake Zelo up." He said looking at me directly in the rerview mirror. Why does he always look at me?! I'm not Zelo's care taker... I groaned and looked at Zelo who was sleeping peacefully. "Hey..." I said shaking his arm gentle. He groaned and looked away from me. "Go away." He groaned shoving me hard. I pouted and looked at Jesse who just shrugged. "Zelo! Wake up!" JR yelled making all of us jump. Zelo sat up slowly and ran his fingers through his crazy black hair. "You told him to wake me up, didn't you?" He snapped at me. I opened my mouth to defend myself, but he just snickered and looked out the window. He's always so mean... 

                             "Were going to stay at a friends house for tonight." JR said softly. A friend? Everyone seemed to be wondering the same thing, because they all leaned in curiously. "Are you talking about Niel?" Zelo asked raising a eyebrow. Niel? JR nodded and a tiny amused smirk formed across his lips. I looked out the window to see a comfortable looking small white house that was surrounded by the woods. "Is he....Like you guys?" I asked making them all look at me. Zelo gave a sarcastic laugh and sighed. "He wishes.." He said as we parked in the gravel drive way. I listened to the rocks crunch loudly under the tires. "Come on children." JR said as he turned off the huge jeep. We all sat there in the quietness before climbing out. "JR!" A high pitched voiced yelled loudly. I looked over to see a boy with brown flippy hair and bright brown eyes. "Hey, Niel." JR said as his friend wrapped his arms around him. He made a akward face and gentle patted his back. "It's good to see you." He said smiling hugely. I studied my feet and stared at them curiously. Zelo slowly trudged towards everyone and he went wide eyed as he saw the bubbly boy. "Hide me." He said ducking behind me. "Are you scared?" I teased before giving a laugh. He narrowed his eyes at me and snickered. "No." He said defensively. Niel turned around and did a face palm. "My Zelo!" He yelled before running over to him. Zelo made a akward face and waved slowly. Niel hugged him tightly and rested his head on his chest. "I missed you." He whined. 

                                  Wait a minute...I felt my jaw drop slightly. Does this guy have a thing for Zelo? "Niel, I want you to meet our new friends." JR said gentle pulling him off akward looking Zelo. Niel smiled brightly as he stared at all of us. Seungjin and the others waved and struggled not to laugh. "Is this the gang you were talking about?" He asked nodding with interest. JR nodded and stared at us all with a bright smile. "They seem like a great gang." He said walking up down the line studying all of us carefully. "What about those two?" He asked pointing to me and Jesse. I opened my mouth to say something but JR smiled nervously. "She's our friend." He said making the others nod in agreement. Niel made a 'o' shape with his mouth and smiled. "Hello. I'm Niel." He said grabbing my hand and shaking it friendly. I smiled and introduced  myself. "Trust me, she's a pain." Zelo said rolling his eyes at me. "I'm not bunking with her." He mumbled flatly. Niel laughed and rested his hand on my shoulder. "Don't mind him, he's a meanie." He said ushering us all after him. Everyone else mumbled their agreement and walked after him quickly. "Now, Once we get inside, I will assign who's going with who." He mumbled. I nodded and stepped on the white porch that creaked under my feet. Once inside, I was surprised at how big it was. I let myself zone out as he pointed at everyone and talked to them rapidly. "Ok, Chloe?" Niel asked making me zone in. Zelo sighed and rolled his eyes. "I jinxed it. Me and you are together." 

                                                      JR's POV: I laughed at Chloe's disappointed face. It's amazing how hard she tries to be his friend. "Zelo." I said beckoning him over. He gave me a annoyedly look and walked over to me slowly. "What did I do now?" He asked not surprised. Niel walked over and titled his head. "I wish you would be nicer to Chloe." I said scoldingly. He's so hard headed...Sure, we can't trust everyone...But we can trust her. She technically did save him like two times. "Why? She's so annoying." Zelo complained. I crossed my arms and raised a eyerbow at him. "From what I see, she just wants to be your friend." Niel said concernedly. Zelo crossed his arms and stared at us all annoyed. "Seriously? You guys really want me to be her friend?" He asked in disbelief. I stared at him unblinkingly. "She really trusts you, Zelo. That's a good friend right there." I said flatly. Niel gave me a knowing smile and nodded. Zelo glanced at Chloe who was playing with Seungjin, Sungjae. "Fine, I'll try. But I'm not her freaking care taker." He said pointing his finger at me sharply. I gave a small nod and watched him walk towards everyone. Niel shook his head and leaned against the white wall. We both watched from afar. "You know, your parents are asking about you." Niel said glancing at me. I avoided his gaze and studied my feet. "I want nothing to do with them." I said softly. I sighed.

                                       "They are worried sick about you." He objected standing in front of me so I couldn't avoid him. I stared at him and flexed my jaw. "You should at least go and see them. Last I heard, your mother is really sick." He said staring at me dead in the eyes. I took a deep breath and glanced past him and let my gaze rest on Zelo. Chloe was skipping around him while everyone else was in a circle. "Goose!" Chloe yelled suddenly slapping Zelo hard on the head. He mumbled a complaint and chased her around the living room quickly. "Don't break anything!" Niel yelled loudly. Zelo grabbed Chloe's hand and snickered. "Got you, princess." He said giving a half smile making her blush slightly. "Just talk to him and see if he'd want to visit your guys parents." Niel mumbled resting his hand on my shoulder. I watched him walk off and looked down with a loud sigh. "Zelo, come here." I said making everyone stop laughing. Zelo looked up and he frowned. "Coming." He mumbled walking towards me. "Mom and dad still live here." I said before he could make a smart remark. His light blue eyes stretched wide and his mouth dropped slightly. "Are...They ok?" He asked nervously. I narrowed my eyes at him and the same confusion swarmed through me. Zelo loved our parents alot, but they didn't treat us right. Espacially not him... "I think so." I said looking down. "JR...Can we see them?" He asked suddenly, taking me by surprise. I looked at him and opened my mouth toobject, but he sighed, innterupting me. "I have to go there." 

                            "Not after the way they treated you." I said harshly. They beated him...Why would he want to see them? "I have to make things right. Mom used to take pills for her depression problem. Dad always favored you...and beated me. I guess I wasn't good enough." He said his voice filled with emotion. I stared at him sympathetically and looked down in defeat. "Fine, let's go." I said even though every part of me seemed to regret it with all my heart.This might be a gang, and I am the leader...But I love my brother the most. I don't want to see him get hurt. "Watch the others when were gone." I said softly to Niel. His only response was a small nod. I exchanged a uneasy glance with Zelo before walking outside. The warm air seemed to stick to my face and the silver stars twinkled in the sky brightly. We both walked side by side in silence. I listened to the gravel crunch underneath my feet. "JR!" A voice yelled loudly. I looked over my shoulder to see Chloe run towards us. "Stay with the others." I ordered turning around to face her. She raised a eyebrow and looked from me then to Zelo curiously. "Were are you guys going?" She asked softly. I glanced at Zelo who rolled his eyes. "What are you, a lost puppy dog? No where that concerns you." He snapped. I glanced at him and rested my hand on his shoulder to show him to shut up. "Please tell me. I won't follow." 

                                  She won't leave...We might as well tell her. "You promise?" I asked sternly. She nodded and crossed her heart. "Were going to see our parents." I said glancing at Zelo. Chloe's blue eyes stretched wide, making them turn silver in the moonlight. "I bet they'd be happy to see you guys visit." She said smiling hugely. I looked down and wished that was true. "Be quiet. You don't even know them." Zelo said looking at her sharply. Chloe flinched and clenched her fist. I glared at Zelo annoyedly. I told him to get along with her, not  to push her away. "I would know. My parents don't like me to much either...My father tired killing me!" She shouted unexpectedly. Zelo glared heavily at her and narrowed his eyes. "Well, at least he was there for you your whole life, supporting you. Like a father should...Mine doesn't!" He shouted outraged. Chloe's anger seemed to die away and she stared at him in confusion. "Your so lucky Chloe. I honestly don't know why you ran away. I lost  both my parents that didn't even love me." Zelo said tears forming in his blue eyes. I felt shock wash over me like a wave. He looked down fusteratedly. Chloe seemed frozen and she gave a small smile of sympathy. "I lost my mother. She left me when I was six, and now my father wants to kill me. But...You have someone, your brother." She said glancing at me. I nodded in agreement. 

                                           Chloe's POV: Zelo stared at me with sudden surprise. Without thinking, I lunged myself at him. "Everyone is here for you..." I said feeling emotion sneak into my voice. He tensed up and I felt his gaze burn into me. He's really nice...I wouldn't think he had it so bad. I jumped as I felt his arms wrap around me. "Thanks, Chloe." He said his voice hot and warm on my neck. I nodded and hugged him tighter. JR gave a tiny smile and crossed his arms. I blushed heavily and pulled away from him. We all glanced at one another and I sighed heavily. "Your such a softie." Zelo said raising a eyebrow at me. And...Old Zelo's back. I gave a small smile and shrugged. "Isn't this all touching." A voice snickered from behind us. I looked around and gulped nervously. Shadows seemed to surround us on everyside, and trees seemed to stretch down and snatch us up. JR tensed up beside me and gentle shove me behind him. "Who's there?" JR asked and he rested his hand on his side, and something silver glowed in the moonlight. Zelo stood beside me closely on my other side. He clenched a black gun tightly in his hands. I went wide eyed as a man stepped out of the shadows. He had short blonde hair that stuck up slightly and patches of gray was in it. He seemed to tower over everyone, and his muscles stuck out slightly. "What? You don't remember your father?" 

                                     I stared at the man wide eyed, and he grinned slightly. JR stood in front of Zelo protectively. "Stay away from us." He said through clenched teeth. His dad stared at me and titled his head. "Your the sherrif's daughter, aren't you?" He asked making my blood turn to ice. How does he know my father? "Leave her out of this." Zelo said pulling out his black gun and pointing it directly at him. His dad laughed loudly making it echo around us. "You make me laugh. You don't have the guts to do it." He snickered and I gasped as he pulled out a black gun and pointed it at him. JR tensed up and his dad stared at me. "He's going to be happy when I tell him your with my sons." He beamed. I shivered at the thought of going back at my dads. Zelo stepped forword making his dad stare at him. "Even she can't stand you. You really are a murduer and monster. Don't honestly think staying with them makes you a better person." He snarled. Zelo stared at his father with sadness in his light blue eyes. I gasped as two men wearing all back ran full speed towards JR and Zelo. Zelo dodged one of the men, and drop kicked him sharply in the mouth. Anger and hatred glowed in his eyes as he ran towards his dad. I stared at them in horror as they began to fight. His dad blocked all his blows and kicks, and matched him equally. I screamed as he slammed Zelo against the tree. "You are pathetic..." He said holding the gun to Zelo's head. He wiggled under his dad's grip and he gulped nervously. JR was fighting the man in the black outfit that hid his face. He kicked him hard, making him fall on the ground. JR snickered and stepped on his chest and pointed the gun at his head. 

                                  I looked away as he pulled the trigger. I got to help Zelo! I ran full speed at Zelo's dad without any fear. I knocked him off Zelo and punched him hard in the face. I stopped dead as he wrapped his hand around my neck. "Who do you think you are?" He snickered staring at me with anger. His pure blue eyes seemed like fire as he looked through me. I struggled to make him let me go, but failed miserable. Every part of me screamed for air and black spots began to blur my vision. "Zelo.." I choked out. Zelo held his gun to his dad's head and glared at him. "Let her go." He snickered. He looked at him in the corner of his eye. "Ok." He said and I sighed with relief as he loosened his grip on me. I stared at Zelo greatfully and stopped dead. Pain seemed to explode in me, and my vision began to blur and the world spint around me. "Chloe!" Zelo yelled in dismay. He grabbed me gentle and I looked down. Blood oozed from my arm, and a bullet hole was barely visible. His dad gave a evil laugh and ran towards the woods quickly. JR went wide eyed as he saw me. "Put pressure on it." He ordered to Zelo. He nodded in pressed down on my arm fiercly. I let out a loud scream and closed my eyes. It hurts so bad... "We need to get her home now." Zelo said picking me up in his arms gentle. I looked up at the stars that seemed to get brighter every step. 

                              Zelo looked down at me and worry and regret sparked in his light blue eyes for a split second. It seems like hours before we finally reached the huge house. "What happened?" Everyone asked as we walked inside. Zelo gentle sat me down on the couch, and my blood stained his white shirt. "I need medicine and stitches." He snapped to Niel without looking at him. "Are you ok?" Seungjin asked sitting beside me. I looked up at him and nodded slowly. "It just hurts." I mumbled weakly. Jesse had both hands over and she stared at me in dismay. "I need space." Zelo said holding his arm out in front of me. He bit his bottom lip and gentle rolled up my sleeve. I groaned in pain and he scooted closer to me. "Are you ok?" He asked surprisingly gentle. I nodded and he dabbed a wet wash cloth on my arm gentle wiping the blood away. "Let's leave Zelo to it." Niel said taking a huge bite of his apple. I watched everyone glance at me worriedly before leaving the room. "I'm really sorry." I said apologetically. I should have stayed inside and listened to them. He glanced at me and raised a eyebrow. "Oh, so now the princess apologizes." He said amusedly. I feel awful..."What matters is if your ok." He said dabbing some medicine on my arm. "Why would you care?" I asked sitting up. He didn't say anything at first, and he sighed. "I'm sorry iv'e been such a jerk lately." He said softly. I stared at him in amazement. Does he really mean that? "I-It's ok." I stammered feeling my face turn three shades of red. 

                                        Jesse's POV: "Are you sure we should leave them alone?" Jung Kook asked uneasily. We all glanced at JR questioningly. "Yes, their fine." He objected. I peaked my head around the corner and felt a small smile spread across my lips. Chloe was talking to Zelo about what's been on her mind, and he told her his honest opinion while smiling sweetly. "Wow...He is really sweet." I said with a tiny smile. "Zelo's really a sweet guy." Seungjin said nodding in agreement. "Wow, I wonder if their going to kiss." Sungjae said gentle shoving me aside. Would Chloe honestly fall for someone who made our lives ten times harder? I gave a tiny laugh and shook my head. "No way." I said outloud without thinking. "So, what are you guys going to do tomorrow?" Niel asked glancing at JR. "Well, I was thinking about asking Jesse and Chloe if they want to be in our gang." He said low enough for me not meaning to hear. He wants us to join the gang?! Mixed emotions swirled inside me and I gulped nervously. "Yeah, Chloe seems like she has the guts. so does Jesse, go for it." Niel siad patting JR on the back. I really want to join..Chloe seems like she's really trying to get close to Zelo. He seems like a sweet guy...I want to get to know him to. He is super hot...Funny and Sweet. I blushed slightly at the thought of possible being his girlfriend. One of the reasons I want to be in the gang