열 둘 (Twelve)

Heart Over Mind
열 둘  - Cares For You
 
From outside, L can heard Hayoung's cry. His heart clenched, felt so sad.

'What make you be this sad?' L thought sadly.

Mustering up his courage, he opened the door. Yup, it didn't locked. Hayoung is just too busy to locked it. She didn't care anymore.

L stood there, staring at Hayoung. Hayoung looked up from her knee, staring straight at the intruder.

'What he want?' Hayoung thought.

L just stared at her, while Hayoung stared back at him. L is busy looking at her sad eyes. Hayoung felt weird.

'Why did I felt.. relieved?' She thought.

Hayoung want to snap at him so badly, but her heart told her to let him be. The battle between her heart and mind is nearly having no result.

'I guess.. trusting my heart sometime didn't hurt' she thought.

Hayoung looked away from L and stared at her knee again. She brought her knee up to her chest, feeling her heart heavier again.

'She's not mad? Okay, I really think this teary Hayoung isn't good' L frowned while Hayoung cried again.


"Why are you crying?" L asked.

He anticipated for her answer. However, the answer he's been waiting for didn't came out from .

"Please don't be like this.." L whispered.

L sighed, and looked around the room. This room is a pure mess. Even Hayoung is. He really curious what makes her like this.

'I guess I'll help her..' L thought and began picking all the mess.

Hayoung is crying her eyes out, until her voice became hoarse, until it reach the point she's crying without voice. L is busy cleaning the messy room.


Her mind is tired after a few minutes and she eventually stopped crying. Hayoung noticed her room became clean.

'Why he did this?' Hayoung weakly thought.

Her eyes travelled to L's figure who is still cleaning a few mess in her room. He looks so sincere doing it, making Hayoung's heart bursted into an unknown feeling.

'Grateful..? I don't know..' Hayoung thought.

After cleaning the last mess, L noticed Hayoung already stopped crying. L stood there, noticed Hayoung's eyes who is observing him.

"What?" He suddenly felt uneasy, but maintain his poker face.

Hayoung didn't said anything, just stared at her clean room. L turned to the door and left the room. Hayoung sighed. Somehow, she felt lonely now.


Hayoung thought L is going back to his room, but then her door opened again, revealing L with a plate. Hayoung stared confusedly at him.

L noticed. "This is omelet. I took it from the kitchen. They said it's fine" he shrugged.

He placed the plate on the table near her bed. "Eat" L said.

Hayoung stared at him. Her voice can't came out. Maybe because of the crying.

"W-why.." she said faintly with a hoarse voice.

"Why you.. care about me?" Hayoung said, looked down to avoid his gaze.

'it's like, the jerk guy changed 180°' Hayoung thought.

"Do I really have to tell you?" L scratched his head.

Hayoung slowly shook her head. She took the omelet from the table and began to ate it slowly. She felt touched. Someone is here for her, care about her when her best friend can't.


"Ah.. I'm full now." Hayoung patted her full stomach.

Her mood lifted up instantly after ate that omelet. She thought it's not as good as her chef in home, but it lifted her mood.

"Thanks" Hayoung said shortly.

L nodded. He took the dish and brought it with him. But he stopped on the door.

"Because you look sad and tired" he said and then went out from her room.

Hayoung looked at the door where L stopped earlier with a confused expression. Then it clicked in her mind. She smiled softly.

"You're not a jerk after all" she mumbled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note :

hi guysss!! Tehee, L showed some affection here? ♥♥ thank you for all the upvoters and subscriber. I love you all, especially people who commented! Love you~