열 (Tenth)

Heart Over Mind
열  - Goodbye Dream
 

Hayoung's eyes twinkled, when she saw her one and only love smiled at her.

"You woke up!!" Hayoung hugged him tightly.

He just patted her head. "Kind of.." he mumbled.

"Huh?" Hayoung can't hear his words since she's so happy.

She think God heard her prayer. She can't stop smiling. She don't care where they were. But isn't that obvious that she maybe in a dream? However, her brain didn't process that and just stared at her love.

"Hayoung, don't you think you already waited for a long time? I mean, for me?" Sehun asked.

Hayoung shook her head with a big smile. "I know someday you'll wake up, and all of my efforts of waiting isn't useless"

Sehun smiled, sadly. However, she didn't see that. He patted her head.

"I think you deserve more than this basketball jerk" Sehun said and laughed.

"Yah! You're worth the wait!" Hayoung frowned but then she laughed.

"Really, what kindness I do to deserve such a good girl like you?" Sehun said softly and gazed at her.

"I know right?" Hayoung joked.

"Hayoung, sorry to letting you wait for 3 year. I'm such a lucky jerk" Sehun said.

Hayoung just shook her head and laughed. She didn't care if it's a day, a year, a decade, she will wait for him for the rest of her life.

 

"I think.. you deserve more than me" he suddenly said.

Hayoung looked up at him with wide eyes. "You deserve me as much as I deserve you oppa"

Sehun shook his head. "you worth for someone else"

Hayoung stood there, speechless. Her head was just like blown up by his sudden words. Her heart clenched, as if he didn't want her anymore... after this 3 years.

"Don't you.. love me?" Hayoung asked with glassy eyes.

"Of course I am. But because I love you," Sehun trailed.

He touched her cheeks, as Hayoung looked at him in anticipate.

"I have to let you go" he said.

A tear fell from her eyes. "Why?" she asked with a hoarse voice.

"Because I have to. And you have to let me go," He wiped her tears.

"Now. You have to let me go now. I don't deserve you. You deserve someone else. Someone who is capable for loving you. Sorry for making your wait didn't worth this.." Sehun smiled sadly.

Hayoung sobbed harder. "Why? I waited for you and only you for already 3 years! Can't we just continue this?"

Sehun shook his head slowly. "We can't. I have to go now, Hayoung. Remember that I will always love you"

 

Hayoung felt sweat over her forehead and quickly got up. She felt relieved that it's just a dream.

"But what if.. what if what he said is true?" She thought.

Panickly, she ran towards the hospital, not caring her hair, her clothes, or anything else. What matters is just Sehun.

As she reached the hospital and quickly entered Sehun's room, ignoring the questioning looks from the people out there. She panted, but sighed in relief when she saw Sehun still sleeping there.

"Good thing.." she breathed out.

Suddenly, the machine beeped. Hayoung looked over Sehun, he looks like he has difficulty to breath. Hayoung quickly ran outside, grabbing the first nurse she met.

"H-help!!" Hayoung panted as she held the nurse's hand tightly.

"Help him! Call the doctor!!" Hayoung ordered.

She didn't care. Her mind is a mess right now, and she felt so insecure. The nurse ran to somewhere and Hayoung ran back to the room. She can't stand seeing him struggling to breath.

"Oppa, hold on.. hold on for a while.." Hayoung sobbed and held his hand tightly.

"Don't let this as our goodbye.. please. you're worth my wait.." she thought and cried.

"Where's that doctor??" Hayoung shouted panickly as tears rolled on her cheeks.

She can't stand that her boyfriend is struggling with his breath while the doctor is nowhere to be seen. Hayoung ruffled her hair frustated and ran outside again, grabbing the first nurse she saw.

"Patience miss.. the doctor is on her way" the nurse said, tried to calm Hayoung down.

"Quick!! He can't breath!!" Hayoung shouted like a mad person.

 

The doctor came in her sight and she still felt anxious. Hayoung quickly went to his room and her heart dropped.

His eyes half closed, reaching for her.

"H-hayoung.." he said weakly.

Hayoung ran to his side and held his hand. "Yes?"

"I-I'm so- so sorry-" his words trailed.

"Stop talking! Keep your breath! The doctor is coming!" Hayoung said panickly.

"Sorry.. sorry for your- your 3 years w-wait.. sorry.." he breathed out.

Watching this scene is just unbearable for Hayoung. His eyes dropped, his grip around her hand loosened. This is just a nightmare for her.

And at his last breath, he said, "I love you.."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author note :

 

I'm at this sad story ;-; is it good? I'm so sad that Hayoung's first boyfie is sick for 3 years already ;-; oh, in my course today played "wolf" and.. I don't know. It looks like I'm the one who is very nervous and giddy o-o