Chapter 8

Unbreakable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            The clock had struck two in the morning. One fine lady dress in white uniform was there when she fluttered her eyes open.  She was looking around the clear white wall surrounding her in a square room. Her vision blurred for a while. She looked down, oxygen tube was attached into her nostrils. Two bags of liquid in different colors were hanging on the white iron pole, which giving her nutrition and blood through the lines attached to her right hand.

Relief washed over her when she came to realize that she was no longer in The Parks’ house. Finally. She averted her eyes, apparently looking for a certain someone she’s missing so badly. But found none. She tried to move, but the pain on her right shoulder was excruciating. The lady in a white dress calmed her down.

“Try not to move a lot for a while, Miss Hwang. You’d just had a surgery.” Said the lady with a smile.

“Where…” She tried to speak, but her voice was hoarse due to lack of fluids. The lady kindly took a glass of water and gave it to Tiffany. She helped the younger girl to drink from the straw.

“You’re in a hospital now, in Daegu. My name is Eunhye, I’m a nurse in charge. A police officer brought you here yesterday. You got a shot on the back of your right shoulder and physical injuries all over your body. But please don’t worry Miss Hwang, you’re gonna be fine.” The nurse explained.

“Where is she now?” Tiffany asked, knowing certainly that it must be Taeyeon who brought her there.

“Officer Kim? She was out. She said she’s going back to the station, she’s like begging me to take care of you when she didn’t even need to, cause it’s my job. She’s so lovable, you know?” The nurse let out a small giggle as she talking about Tiffany’s loved one.

“Oh my and I forgot to call her! She asked me to tell her as soon as you wake up. Excuse me, I’m gonna call her first, Miss Hwang.” She exited the room when Tiffany gave her a nod.

Tiffany smiled a little when the nurse finally got out of the room. She loved to hear how somebody praised her TaeTae, Tiffany’s pet name for Kim Taeyeon. Don’t you think it’s cute?  TaeTae, she loved to say it over and over again. It suited perfectly with the older girl’s child-like complexion. TaeTae, sounded so endearing to Tiffany. She stopped smiling when she heard sound of footsteps entering her room.

“I’ve called her. She said she’ll be here soon, Miss Hwang.” Nurse Eunhye said.

“It’s Tiffany, I believe we’re in the same age, no need to be so formal. And thank you for taking care of me.” Tiffany said weakly.

“It’s my job, Miss uh…Tiffany.”

Nurse Eunhye then accompanied Tiffany in the room, waiting for Taeyeon. The latter asked the nurse’s favor to never leave Tiffany’s side until she’s back.

“How do you feel Tiffany-shi?”

“My shoulder still aching a bit, I can’t feel my hand.”

“Yes it’s normal, you can take the painkiller if it’s unbearable. Tell me if it is, okay?”

“It’s okay, thank you.” Tiffany saw the nurse pondered for awhile, like she was being indecisive about the next thing she wanted to ask.

“Ehm…are you close with Officer Kim? I mean, it’s not like she’s just some police officer who happened to help you, right?” Hearing that name, Tiffany’s eyes beamed a little.

“So that’s why she’s fidgeting. Kim Taeyeon, you’re such a charmer!” Tiffany spoke in her mind. Her lips twitched amusingly as she thought about it, imagining the clueless face of her girlfriend whenever Tiffany accused her for doing so.

“Yes we are. It’s our fourth year actually.” The nurse could see her patient’s eyes sparkled when she pronounced the words.

“You meant, you’re dating her?” A slight hesitation could be seen on the nurse’s face once again, and Tiffany’s smile was getting wider. She nodded to the question.

“Oh…”

That was the only word what the nurse managed to utter before she heard a click sound from the door. The door handle twisted then opened slowly and there she saw a blonde head popped into the room. The sight made Nurse Eunhye giggled. “Why is Officer Kim has to be so cute?” She smiled to the said officer.  

“Tae…” Tiffany’s voice made the nurse’s head turned to her.

Taeyeon walked into the room. Smile never left her plastered and slightly swollen face. Nurse Eunhye who was sitting on the chair beside Tiffany’s bed stood up and gave a bow to the officer.

“Thank you for accompanying her. I owe you.” Taeyeon said sincerely after she bowed back to the nurse.

“No, it’s my job Officer Kim. It’s totally fine.” She smiled sweetly to the officer then excused herself off the room, giving Taeyeon and Tiffany time alone.

Taeyeon walked closer to Tiffany’s left side. Taking her left hand, Taeyeon kissed it. She then move closer to the younger girl’s pale face.

“Hey there, beautiful…” She greeted, her right hand on top of Tiffany’s head, thumb caressing the latter’s forehead lightly. Her eyes never left the younger girl’s captivating pair.

“Hey, I miss you Tae…I miss you.” Tiffany whispered, her hand held Taeyeon’s tighter to tell the latter how much she’s longing for her.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything, she smiled and put her lips on the girl’s forehead. She pressed her thin lips there for a while as she closed her eyes, savoring the moment. She then moved her face lower, the tip of her nose touched the younger girl’s face lightly. Placing a peck on Tiffany’s sharp nose, she then brought her lips lower only to stop at the latter’s plump lips.

Taeyeon missed those lips badly. She kissed her darling girl. Nothing so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter