Chapter 3

Unbreakable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 2013, Wednesday 11.40 P.M

        Twenty minutes to midnight, Kim Taeyeon just entered her office room in quick steps. Taking off her jacket, she dropped her exhausted self onto the brown armchair in her office. She has just got back to the station after having a weekly Night Club inspection of drugs dealing in Hongdae area, with her team. Yes, Seoul has become a promising place for drugs dealer to work their business. Metropolitan city where the celebrities stressed over their tight schedule, businessmen with high pressure work and teenagers with their “try new things” stuff. Perfect. Land of gold. As for Taeyeon and everyone at Narcotics Enforcement team, it meant more hunting time. She was worn out, case load never seemed to reduce. Smugglers, dealers and users. Addicted and suffered in pain then died in vain. What’s so exciting about getting yourself drowned into drugs? Was it really cool to die with “overdosed” stamp on your death certificate? She thought. Brainless was what they are. She massaged her head, trying to get rid of headache she felt because of sleep deprived. She adjusted her body, trying to get a nap for a minute or two. Hands rested on the leather armchair, fingers clasped together, she closed her eyes. Tiffany. Tiffany was staring at her now. Her  pleading eyes were plain to see. Tiffany filled her mind now. Her figure kept drifting away. Away from Taeyeon, then gone completely. Baby. She opened her eyes curtly.  Eyes planted on the white painted wall before her now. Knitting her forehead, she moved her left hand up to her chest, feeling her heart beating in a rapid pace. The feeling, it felt strange indeed for her. She could sense that there was something bad happening. With her right hand ran through her hair, she got up and walked toward the right corner of the office room, and then took a bottle of cold water from the fridge right beside the shelf full of case folders. Replacing the cap, she gulped down the half bottle in a go. Her palm rested on the wall for support, she took a deep breath and released slowly. These had been happening lately. Tiffany came to her dreams, but whenever she reached for her, she always walked away or worse, crying. Hunch. She thought that maybe Tiffany was ready to put an end to everything.  It’s been more than three months since Tiffany left, and they hadn’t contacted each other. The younger girl practically begged Taeyeon not to contact her for awhile. She needed to be away from “everything Taeyeon” to think things through. She said. And Taeyeon gave Tiffany what she wanted. However, Taeyeon could not understand why Tiffany so persistent to stay away that long. It’s the first time in their four years relationship that they completely lost contact of each other for months. She knew Tiffany like an ABC. Not that she was so full of herself, but Taeyeon just knew that Tiffany was deeply attached to her. What’s not to be attached when Taeyeon was indeed being affectionate to everything about her? As for Taeyeon, Tiffany’s like an orbit that has control over her world to keep her stay sane. They were each other’s serenity. Why did she do it then? Why stay away for long? Or just, Tiffany already got over her. Was it?

“It can’t be, she promised me to come back. She’ll come back.” Taeyeon tried to assure herself. She averted all negative thoughts away, found a peace in believing that Tiffany would never leave her in disarray.

“Baby…..I miss you.” She whispered into the air.

Knocks on the glass door, got her mind back from its musing. She let the person in to the room, and then strode back to her desk, ready for another case to be done. She motioned the person before her to spill the report.

“Chief, we got a new lead to the case.” Officer Park Chanyeol said, lit up a smirk on the Chief’s delicate face.

Sitting on the chair in front of her desk, the Officer opened a case folder loaded with new information dealing with the case they’re handling.

“Let me see what you got, Officer” Taeyeon began, reading through the document.

The Park Textile Mills, one of the biggest clothing companies in Asia owned by Park Ju Shin, located in Daegu, Gyeongsangbuk-do, has been suspected for doing underground drugs trafficking case. Two years ago, the same company was under observation for the same case. Commissioner of Crime and Security Department of KNPA at that time, Hwang Ji Seok together with Narcotics Enforcement task force, planned and led the operation. 

“So they had it clean then. Smartass. Where’d you get it?” Taeyeon asked after checking through the document.

“Han Chul So, the one that we arrested earlier at Victory club, Chief. He mentioned Park Eun So, the youngest son of Park Ju Shin, when we asked about who’s the provider. We threaten him about his family safety, so we got him confessed. He was actually one of their guys that smuggled the half ton of Heroine inside steel box which drowned under the sea two years ago through Busan port.” He explained with his deep voice. 

“The submarine transporter.” Taeyeon murmured. It’s mentioned on the previous team report that The Parks had a deal with Columbian smuggler, the one that the previous team had planned to terminate. It happened that the goods never arrived, the team had no idea what actually happened. The current report she got from Offi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter