Chapter 2

Unbreakable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          The ride to Tiffany’s house was blanketed in an uncomfortable silent. Just the sound of car engine and occasional sobs from the younger girl could be heard. It made Taeyeon felt so restless. She glanced every now and then to the crying girl who was sitting beside her, her hand move voluntarily to wipe the younger girl’s tears that seemed far from ease. Tiffany, neither refused the gesture nor talked. Taeyeon could see that whatever she did wrong to Tiffany this time must be reached her girlfriend’s limit to take. Taeyeon wanted to hug her. She really wanted to lessen the pain, saying sorry and promise not to do that again. Promise. Promise was a sacred word for Taeyeon. She promised Tiffany’s mother once to protect and taking care of her, and she always did. She promised Tiffany to always love her, and she never doing it any less. Once Tiffany said that she should stop smoking whenever she stressed over something, Taeyeon promised to stop and she did nothing but that. But what she did then had already broken one of those promises she made. How could she make her darling girl this hurt? She didn’t know. What was she done wrong? Tiffany hasn’t told her. Has she become this ignorant about Tiffany’s feelings? Yes, she was sure of it. She was too caught up on the abandoned case she had just proposed to the higher authority to be reopened. She was just too absorbed to the work, unaware that she, too, at the same time become oblivion about her love. She realized it now. Was it too late? Was Tiffany would break them up?   She prayed not to.

A half an hour ride passed, they reached the younger girl’s house. Uneasiness wrote all over Taeyeon’s face, she was just too shocked about her girlfriend’s breakdown, Taeyeon tried to apologize. Once again.

“Baby…look at me, please. I’m sorry, hm?.” She said, sounding so desperate. She got no response.

Reaching the younger girl’s hands, she gently squeezed it.

‘’Talk to me please? Tell me what I’ve done wrong, cause I really don’t…”

“It’s our anniversary, Tae..” She cut the words off curtly, her voice barely hearable between her sobs. But Taeyeon heard it, clearly. “Damn it, how could I forget about our anniversary? Oh God, just kill me!” She mentally berated herself as she massaged her forehead in despair. Sure it’s not just about the anniversary thing, it’s more about how they valued their relationship. This was it. She knew it. For months, Tiffany suppressed her disappointment over her neglectfulness, too many bitter things she caused, though it’s never her purpose to cause Tiffany felt that way. She has just realized it, running her hand through her hair and slightly pulled it in frustration. How could she say sorry when that invisible scar she caused on the younger girl’s heart already unbearable? Tiffany should have slapped her. She thought. She deserved it. Before she could utter another word, she heard the car door slammed shut. The sobbing girl has stepped out of the car, walked briskly toward the front door of her house. Taeyeon got out from the vehicle, another slam on the car door. She ran, tried to catch up with the upset girl.

“Fany, Baby I’m sorry, I’m really sorry...” Holding Tiffany’s arm, she cried. She had no excuse to defend herself anymore. She sure was upset of herself for being so stupid.

But Tiffany did not budge, she kept mum. It was too much for her. She just had enough of it. She just wanted to go inside her room and sleep on it.

It’s the third day since they met at 27th of October. Not one of her calls was answered by Tiffany. Not one of her visits to her house was welcomed. Taeyeon’s in so much trouble. She just couldn’t do it without Tiffany by her side. She just wanted to die, knowing that her life without Tiffany was anything but content.

A buzz from the phone on the office table got her attention. She read the message. Smile adorned her wearied face outright. It was from Tiffany. She asked Taeyeon to meet her at her house. The younger girl just couldn’t step out of the house in a messy state, added with the swollen eyes from crying. And so Taeyeon stood up abruptly. Taking her coat and key, she strode out of the office, telling her subordinate to cancel the pre investigation meeting for 3

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter