Chapter 6

Unbreakable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            Twenty minutes into the battle, the sound of gunshots still could be heard distinctly, clouded the sky of Nam-gu in horrid tension. The enemies were persistently strong and skillful, forced the officers to work harder in knocking them out. Taeyeon was involved in another dangerous encounter. A tall man was standing steadily in front of her. They were bare-handed fighter now, the guns were out of load. Despite her small posture, years of training at Korean National Police University added to her service at KNPA had made her an excellence in a close combat. No one should underestimate Chief Officer Kim Taeyeon.

“Now it’s the real battle. Let’s see what you can do without gun, stupid cop!” He smirked, looking down at Taeyeon. The latter responded with another smirk.

A blow directed straight to her face, throwing her head backward quickly she managed to avoid the blow. Regained her composure, she stood up confidently, cracked her head in a mocking manner. This exasperated the man in front of her even more. With a groan, he strode closer to Taeyeon with a fist ready to . Taeyeon held the fist firmly once the man shot it toward her face. The push was so strong that Taeyeon had to set her feet three steps back. She then clutched it, her free hand give the man a powerful punch below his jaw, causing the man crashed his teeth harshly that resulted blood dripping down from his mouth. He stumbled backward, writhing as he tried to fight again. He strode forward then jumped perfectly to strike Taeyeon out with a flying kick. Surprised by the unexpected move, she barely managed to dodge the kick. The foot made a contact with her side face, she was thrown, head hit the cold surface. She groaned. Ignored the pain on her face, she stood up with bleeding nose and slightly swollen bluish cheek. Dodging a number of intense blows from the man, she then kicked hard his middle part, sent the man crouching down in pain. Imitating the move the man performed earlier, she succeeded in sending the man fall off on the floor. She then put up a good number of kick on the man’s ribs, making the tall man laid motionless on the floor in a minute.

After making sure her subordinate came to handcuff the man, she left the room while wiping the blood off her face. The effect of the blow made her dizzy. She shook her head trying to get her sight less bleary.  She walked downstairs deliberately, aware that the gunshots already died down. The Cops were busy dragging the handcuffed villains and taking boxes of narcotics out of the warehouse.

“Chief, Officer Kwon here, I need you to come outside immediately. I believe I’m seeing Miss Tiffany Hwang right now. She came with five men. She looks battered. They just got out from the van.” Officer Kwon said through her earpiece. She stopped walking, Taeyeon stopped walking. She thought she heard wrong. In those little seconds of halting her movement, she put the pieces together. She mentally cursed herself when she realized what had actually happened to Tiffany.

“Chief? You still there?” Heard nothing from the other line, Officer Kwon voiced again.

“Watch them, don’t let them hurt her!” Taeyeon said sternly as she regained her composure, she ran outside the warehouse while picking a hand gun from the unconscious man on the way.

Once she’s outside, she couldn’t believe what she was seeing. There she was, her darling girl, standing between two men to support her. She looked a lot skinnier, her flawless smooth skin was no longer there, and was replaced by bluish color and scars which covered almost every visible part of her body. It was as if telling Taeyeon silently of how much suffering the younger girl was from physical injury. She lost her words, too shocked to move, she just stood there motionless. Her teary eyes never left the one’s half-opened eyes.

No sound was heard. Everyone has steadied themselves, guns directed right at Tiffany’s companions. A man clad in white suit stepped out of the van, then standing beside Tiffany.

“Welcome Chief…and everyone! I see that you like my office much?” Jun Seo said, adjusting his white coat as he looked around the damaged headquarters the police had caused.

“What did you do to her?” Taeyeon questioned, her voice slightly shaking. She pointed her gun to Jun Seo.

“Ah…I just wanna have some fun with your girl here. You don’t mind it right? Well you shouldn’t, cause I don’t either when you had fun ruin up my headquarters, Chief.”

Taeyeon watched as he traced Tiffany’s face with his point finger, then her chi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter