Chapter 1

Unbreakable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 27th 2012

          The sound of foot steps through the black wooden staircase made her stopped fidgeting, released her lower lip from between her teeth, she then straightened her already neat knee-length white simple dress, and she waited until the very person she has been expected come nearer. She had been prepared this surprise little party to celebrate their fourth anniversary. The day has always been really meaningful for both of them and their relationship. Despite feeling aggravated for the past three months by her lover neglectfulness, the twenty three year old raven-haired girl still hoped that this very day could not and should not be forgotten by her dear police girlfriend.

Serving the agency for almost six years since she’s still twenty one, the girlfriend got a promotion as Chief Officer in a special team of Narcotics Enforcement under Crime and Security Department of Korean National Police Agency (KNPA). Undeniably, the new position has taken its toll on this charismatic police officer. She kept neglecting special occasions that they used to share together. Not that she wanted it, it was just the work had been so hectic. People say the higher position you got, comes a greater responsibility, right?

On the first month of being Chief Officer, she got quite numbers of case load to be sealed. Causing the younger girl threw tantrum about how the girlfriend could be so heartless for not coming at the cemetery to attend the service of her mother’s third anniversary. She was alone then. Her father would be there to accompany, if that airplane crash on early June a year ago never happened.

She was mad, serving the girlfriend silent treatment for a week then. As much as she wanted to hate the police officer, she just couldn’t. How could she if the older girl being all sweet just to apologize to her? This particular Chief Officer has always been the younger girl’s weakness.

But then, the following months were not getting any better. The girlfriend did never skip her morning call though, but what’s the relationship without the presence of your significant half? They kept drifting apart. Until that very day, it’s been three weeks they hadn’t seen each other. It didn’t feel right for the younger girl. However, one of the great things about the raven-haired girl was she has always been so perceptive toward the older girl, she chose to put her ego down. She knew that the girlfriend had already enough stressed at work. Though it’s killing her, she has just had to understand, right?. She thought.

And that day, 27th of October, was another attempt for the younger girl to mend the drifting apart relationship. She came early to her girlfriend’s two storey modern house to prepare the celebration. A dinner with the help of Nana, a woman in her fifties,  the keeper of the house.

Just a mere thought of her lover’s lovely smile once she found out about the surprise, brought her to higher level of happiness. She squealed silently as the footsteps getting clearer and louder. She knew right then the girlfriend must felt so exhausted, her steps were heavy like there’s an iron bar on each work leather-shoe she was wearing. The younger girl kept thinking that the surprise could freshen up the weary girlfriend.

On a cue, the black wooden door open, creaking slowly. It showed the silhouette of the girlfriend into the dark room. Turning the main light on, the figure moved closer to the end of the bed, still oblivious of the other occupant of the room. She ed the black office suit, and sighed. A weary sigh. Eyes closed, she put the tip of her thumb and index finger on the bridge of her nose. The high crime scene she’s handling surely giving her stress to no end. She just wanted to get it over soon.

Delicate arms sneaked around her waist. Smooth hands landed on her toned abs, trapping her in a warm bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter