Chapter 7

Unbreakable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          Another gun shot was heard. And another. The sound of gun shots rang simultaneously around the place. The snipers released the shots to disable the enemies. As if on cue, the team took back their guns which was being dropped earlier, then repeatedly shot the hostiles who tried to run away. Jun Seo had already got into the car right after he released the shot to Tiffany. But fortunately, one of the snipers managed forcing the bullet through his arm, caused his white suit drenched in red. The black van began to roam, trying to avoid the bullets which were directed at them. With a hundred of personnel, it wasn’t possible for Jun Seo and his people escape from an upcoming apprehension. Such a stupid move. At the same time, and in the same place, a contrastive scene occurred. The commotion which surrounded the place was failed to make the shocked person react as expected. The Chief Officer remained stiff. She was afraid to move even a finger. Taeyeon’s broken prayer were kept chanting inside, hoping her girlfriend just collapsed due to exhaustion. Her heart was beating wildly. She dreaded to face the cruel reality, she squeezed the raven-haired girl tighter.

“Baby…” She whispered with a slightly trembling voice.

Neither response nor movement was heard from the younger girl to answer her call. Taeyeon’s getting restless. She felt her hands warm. Warmed by red liquid which was flowing freely through her skin. She averted her sight down to Tiffany’s back. And just like that, she broke into tears as she saw her shirt was damped by blood that seeping out from her right shoulder. She released Tiffany from her hold. She laid the limp body on the ground. Her right arm placed under the dying girl’s nape as she enveloped her in arms.

“No Baby, wake up! Stay with me…” Taeyeon said choking on her tears. Her left hand was caressing Tiffany’s face tried to wake her up.

“Medic!!” She shouted in the middle of commotion. The team had already broken down the enemies, taking them into the police custody.

“Open your eyes please…No Baby! No!” Taeyeon cried getting louder when she didn’t get any response from the girl.

“Ma’am let us take care of Miss Hwang. We gotta get her to hospital.” A paramedic said, seeing Taeyeon seemed reluctant to let go of the girl from her arms.

Releasing Tiffany from her hold, the paramedics then lift the unconscious body and put it on the metal stretcher. One of them already put an oxygen mask to help her breathing. They ran toward the ambulance to get Tiffany treated.

Taeyeon hesitated for seconds, whether to go with Tiffany or stay. However, she was still on duty.

“Go ahead, Chief. We already got them anyway. We can handle it from here. You can trust your team.” Officer Kwon said as she placed her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder and squeezed it lightly, giving her support. She could see it clearly that Taeyeon was indeed uneasy about her girlfriend’s condition. A nod from the Chief Officer was received.

Taeyeon took wide and fast steps to the ambulance, she got inside and was seated on the left side of Tiffany’s unconscious body. Her hands never let go of Tiffany’s throughout the ride to the hospital.

As they reached the Yeungnam University Hospital, they moved Tiffany on to the gurney, strode along the corridor straight to Emergency Room. Taeyeon saw how the paramedics lightly running while assisting Tiffany on either side of the wheeled-stretcher. She tried to keep up with them, but as she watched Tiffany’s face getting paler from blood lost, she went fraught. Her knees weakened as it gave her up. She halted her movement meters away from reaching the ER. Her lips trembled from suppressing the urge to cry. More nurses come to the room in a rush, it did no good to Taeyeon’s already troubled mind. She felt hands on her shoulders, turning her head slightly to the left, she caught a sight of a nurse who then ushered her to sit. She couldn’t catch what the nurse said as the sound of her thumping heart deafening her ears. She waited and waited. Minutes felt like hours in such gruesome situation. Hearing the door open, Taeyeon sprung up from her seat reaching for the doctor who just came out from the room.

“Officer, I’m afraid we have to perform a surgery soon to pull out the bullet from her shoulder. And she lost a considerable amount of blood already. Can you inform her family?”

“Please do it, Doc. She has no family. I’m her fiancée.” The word just spurt out of Taeyeon’s mouth.

“That’s perfect then. The nurse will see you in a minute to bring the document for you to sign.” The middle aged Doctor informed Taeyeon.

“Doctor, please save her.” Taeyeon pleaded as she stopped the doctor from walking.

“We’ll do our best, Officer.” He patted Taeyeon’s arm to assure her.

After everything settled, the operation was performed. Taeyeon watched as Tiffany being led into the operation room. She laid there motionless, her limp body was covered by a green hospital blanket. Tiffany closed her eyes tight, not giving Taeyeon any chance to stare at it even for a second to calm her down. It wasn’t helping at all to sit all by herself waiting in such horror situation. She needed somebody to console her troubled mind now. She struggled to keep her mind straight, not thinking about bad things that could happen to her darling girl.

“God please let her stay with me…’’

Long dreadful hours had just passed. The doctor came out of the operation room. She stood up abruptly, bombarded the doctor questions about the younger girl’s condition. Her reflex has always been sensitively faster to everything Tiffany related.

“We made it and she’s fine, Officer.” The doctor answered all her questions in a sentence. Taeyeon released a long relief sigh after hearing the sentence.

“But…”

“What is it, Doc?”

“Can we talk in my office?”A nod as her response. Sensing that the Doctor was a bit hesitant talking about Tiffany, she knew that there was actually something bad happening regarding the younger girl’s health.  

“How is she, Doctor?” She asked once she settled on a chair in front of the doctor’s desk.

“Like I said, the operation went well. There’s no severe damage on the nerve thankfully. Though she won’t be able to move her right hand for a while, but I assure you that the rest is fine. She’ll recover after a month or so. And…th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter