Six

Into You

 

 

c h a p t e r || s i x

 

{09162013: Park Dara's apartment unit, one twenty am}

He lifted his arm in attempt to knock on her door for the nth time but like his first attempt his arm just fall on his side weakly. He leaned his forehead against it, taking a deep breath. I just wanted a hug and you didn't give me that! He was convinced that he was ing stupid. He was angry and worried. Frustration whirled him to say those words without thinking. They were harsh, perhaps cruel. Did he hurt her with them? He doesn't know, he couldn't remember what he said to be honest. He was b with regrets yet he felt the stinging pain like he was in this intimate relationship and he was crazy about her yet she screwed him up and lied behind his back. To put it simple, he felt betrayed, like how you feel when someone salted your wounds. Drives you insane.

 

Jiyong turned around, his back leaning on the door, before he slowly slid down, sitting on the ground, arms on his bent knees. He tried to concentrate and find the right words to say, how should he say them or when. Raking his hair in frustratiom he felt like he could do nothing at all. Now that he was thinking of it, he did wanted to hug her, tight and long.

 

Dara didn't bother cleaning herself up, she just dashed to her bed and collapsed there, buried her face in the pillow and cried for an hour,maybe. Blood and tears stained her pillows and bedsheet but she just doesn't give a damn. Her heart was hurting like it was being ripped apart and there was no way of fixing it. Her place was dark, she couldn't sleep in that kind of darkness but she was exhausted to even bother opening the lights. She just wanted to sleep and maybe forget all these.

 

The door clicked and creaked open. Jiyong, Dara thought, he was the only one who knew her combination, not even her mom or Sanghyun knew it. For the first time, she regretted giving it to him. She kept her eyes closed and pretended she was fast asleep. But then, it was Jiyong, the only person who knew her better than herself.

 

Jiyong flicked the switch open, the lights , flooding the whole place. He walked to her bedroom, the apartment being designed as studio type having only dividers. She laid on her bed, flat on her stomach still in a big mess, feet on her high heels and clad in her bloodied clothes. He cringed thinking of what she went through and only to be hurt by him and his stupid anger. He heaved a sigh. He pingponged from her kitchen, to her bathroom, to her bedroom fetching what he needed.

 

Gently, he made her turn on her back before dabbing a wet towel all over her, cleaning her and her still open wounds. He put some betadine on her cuts before wrapping them on bandages. Jiyong removed her heels off her, neatly placing it down beneath her bed. He then grabbed a scissor. It was a dress he gave her from one of his out of the country trips but it was now dirty, stained with blood which was drying in the color of brown. He cut the dress open, removing it from her then slid her on a shiny silk nightgown. Grabbing the dress he rolled it and dumped it on the trash bin with disdain. He doesn't even want to see it again even if that cost him four thousand us dollars.

 

Seeing Dara was already clean, he removed his shirt, a hard habit, and climbed on the bed. He lifted her head, placing his arm under it. Jiyong held her around him tight and fragile. His lips kissed her on her temple long and whispering. Whispering something she doesn't know. Does he know that she was awake? Or was he pretending that he doesn't know? She wanted to look at him for a moment to just read his expression. Jiyong cuddled her to him, until Dara leaned her head against his chest and snuggled completely to his arm. He started singing, soft and beautiful. "So tell me why did I have to fall in love with you, I'm driving myself insane, I know without you I can't function no more and you will never look at me the same, you know, it's really driving me insane, I know without you I can't function no more... I'm driving myself insane," slowly she relaxed, feeling sleep snatching her. "Why did I fall in love... why did I fall in love... I'm driving myself insane."Slept in his lullaby.

 

She knew that he knew she was awake.

 

×××

 

 

{09162013: Park Sandara's apartment unti, seven in the morning}

She woke up ahead of her alarm clock. Today at nine, they will be tapping the last parts of Freedom and she doesn't want to cause its delay again. She woke up alone in the bed yet smell the delicious aroma of food only Jiyong could cook best. She pushed herself off the bed and walked to her kitchen. There, clad in the all too girly super ruffled pink apron, Jiyong was cooking their breakfast, his newly dyed blonde hair was still falling down on thick strands, still wet as he was concentrating on flipping the omelet in the pan. He looked drop dead y, she could have been back hugging him, as he would pinch from the omelet and let her taste it but then she was still, honestly, angry. She looked at the table oozing with neatly plated dishes for the two of them and a hot mug of the world's best hot choco ever. She pouted. Obviously, he's guilty.

 

Dara took her seat as Jiyong silently placed the omelet on the waiting plate on the table. They ate, for the first time, silent and not saying anything. Jiyong sliced the apple for her, filled her mug and basically do what he usually do when they were not in that situation. When they were not fighting. Dara, on the other hand, was doing her thing as well, like her body was so accustomed to taking care of his needs. Still, they were not talking. Only the sound of the utensils can be heard, only the gulps and the whispering wind. Their words that became heavy sighs.

 

After eating, Dara went to take a bath as Jiyong washed the dishes. When she came out from the bathroom on her red bathrob, Jiyong was aldready in his white Givenchy polo and denim pants. He was trying to fix his sleeves and failed for the nth time. He hissed a curse. Dara walked her way to him then silently grabbed his hand and fixed the sleeves, she also fixed his collar. They were mad at each other, it was obvious on the way they kept their silence when they could have bombard each other with crazy stories and endless spazzing. But the thing with them, they rather kept the silence than not be together. There was no way that they would not eat together, sleep together and help each other, not even with so much annoyance in them, not even when they were clearly not in good terms. They will eat together, be together because that's how it has always been may they be fighting or not.

 

Dara silently turned around and stripped her robe off her, she was clad in her color underwear. Jiyong was used to seeing her like that, like how she was used seeing him on his briefs or boxers. There was never malice between the two of them. They were bestfriends. Dara grabbed the clothes that Jiyong prepared on the top of her bed and slid it on her. It was the same Givenchy polo like his, female cut, then a neatly cut classic shorts which has pink and yellow thin belt wrapped on its waist. Dara buttoned the polo and tucked it on the shorts. Jiyong, still silent, helped her with the sleeves and her collar. She slid her heeled sneakers on. Jiyong soon grabbed her hair blower, combed her hair and dried it. Placing the brush and the blower down, he did a French braids on her light pink hair, which she got the color before she went to her date yesterday. After accessorizing, the two left her apartment unit still not saying even a word to each other.

 

They both slid in his Bentley, closing the door with a thud. Jiyong buckled her seatbelt before buckling his. He ignited the engine, their album's songs filled the silence between them as they sped to their taping location.

 

×××

 

{09162013: Last tapping for Freedom MV, nine in the morning}

Bigbang and 2ne1 were worried about the two seeing them fight for the first time was not just worrying and bothering but nerve wracking as well. They held their breath, seeing his car parked on the side of the road. The two came out in matching polos but with heavy aura and eerie silence hanging around them. They met their friends. "Whoa, I thought you two were in world war three." Seungri sighed loudly in relief. Both Dara and Jiyong glared at him not saying anything but standing rigid in their places. "And you two are..." he quickly added in a small voice. "You two fight cute, you came together in matching polos," Daesung laughed making everyone look at him as he raised his hands in defense. In a second, the two's dark atmosphere spread on them deeming them in a tensed and awkward silence.

 

"Dara," they all glared at Seoyoung, one of the crew, like they were about to rip her in pieces. The lady swallowed hard before nervously facing Dara handing a huge boquet of flowers wrapped in violet and white special paper with golden ribbons. Yellow and pink tulips. "And here too," she handed a plastic bag of one gallon choco almond fudge ice cream and a lavander envelope. Minzy helped Dara while giving her teasing looks, 2ne1 hovered over her as well as Bigbang with the exception of Jiyong. But when Dara opened the envelop everyone leaned to read, even him.

 

I heard what happened yesterday. I should have forced to drive you home. I am just as sorry as I am guilty. I hope to see you soon, smiling and healthy. I am deeply in love with you, my beautiful angel.

 

Jiyong twitched his lips, his stomach churned at the cheesiness he read while the girls even the boys were squeeling in giddiness. The bastard didn't even put an initial, now how the hell was he going to hunt him down? They were all over Dara asking questions, teasing as the little thing blushed deeply like an elementary kid having crush. And she was thirty, Jiyong thought. "So, you went on a date yesterday, Seungri," Jiyong headlocked Seungri, his words gritting. "Mind telling why you didn't bother to tell me?" He glared at him as Seungri pushed him away, before he died out of air. "What are you talking about Hyung? We were together at noise basement last night!" the maknae whined only to realized what he was talking about, who he really addressing was."Chaerin," Dara called to CL as they all looked at the two. "You were clubbing last night and you didn't text me?" CL knowing whom she was really addressing just gave an awkward shrug. And thus the bickering ensued like this:

 

Jiyong: Seungri, I have been trying to call you but your phone is off, busy with your date perhaps?

Dara: Chaerin, he was accomodating, sweet and nice.

Jiyong: Seungri, then tell him to buy an ice cream that will miraculously vanish your bruises, cuts and wounds.

 

Dara threw a death glare on Jiyong but he remained straight faced. The boys and the girls stole glances at each other feeling they will be stuck between camp Dara and camp Jiyong. Dara rolled her eyes and focused on the flowers.

 

Dara: Chaerin, isn't the flowers lovely?

Jiyong: Seungri, don't be stupid you hate lilies and tulips, you prefer roses and carnations.

Dara: Chaerin, I changed my mind, they are beautiful, elegant and obviously expensive.

Jiyong: Seungri, if we are talking money here, want me to buy you ten hectarfields of those flowers you hate?

 

There was a long silence both group could envision the fall of the world into nothing. This was clearly apocalypse. Minzy desperately changed the topic. "Unnie, I'm glad to see you okay." She hugged Dara quick and tight. "Thanks," she smiled ruffling her hair. "I guess we couldn't go clubbing now, since both your car was wrecked," Bom made a, well, not so good joke. There was silence. "It's okay, Ji will buy me a ne—," Dara fell silent, unable to finish what she was abour to say. "Seungri," they looked at Jiyong. "I will never buy you a new car again even if I have to drive for you for the rest of my ed up life."Jiyong clapped the young guy's back before walking away to one of the staff's tent.

 

{091613: Last taping day for Freedom MV, nine fourty seven in the morning}

Ten minutes of preparing, fixing their wardrobes and putting make up, they started taping for the music video. The sun was up in the sky and it was spectacularly hot that Dara could feel sweat on every part of her body. She wasn't really feeling good since this cold morning and the changed in temperature was driving her nuts plus the fact that it took her exactly fifteen takes of her running almost fifteen meters in the road, while lipsynching through her pink mega phone. The director seemed to be not fond of her today that he kept saying her takes were ng. She was close to killing him via vehicular manslaughter.

 

They were now on the stage set up in the middle of intersection, their fans and some hired extras were jumping and singing with them as they danced and sang on the stage. "Step out, stand up, reach out for liberty! This is your freedom," 2ne1 shouted sliding next to their partners. Chaerin with Seungri, Minzy and Daesung, Youngbae and Bom, Dara and Jiyong, while TOP will be the one rapping in front. "Fight for your," Top shouted through his dark blue megaphone. "Freedom! This is mine, it's my time," They linked their arms together, standing back to back, the boys bending down, with the girls lying on their back brought their feet up in the air for for one high, full wave."Run for your!" Top shouted another. The partners separated, the girls sliding in front of them and do their steps when Dara lost her balance out of her dimming vision and dizziness. Jiyong wrapped his arms securely on her waist."Let's have a break," His voice was firm and loud, almost startled not just Dara but everyone, even the director and producer just agreed to him. Or else he will definitely spit fire.

 

Dara pushed herself off his hold, not wanting to trouble him and besides they were still not in good terms. Jiyong held her to him firmly. He stared at her, she was red like she would soon detonate and just explode. He pressed the back of his hand against her neck. She was burning with high temperature. Without a word, he lifted her and Dara let out a yelp feeling his arm on her back and beneath her thighs.She wanted to protest yet she wanted to not to talk to him either. Her lips pressed on a thin line as he carried her down stage to their tent.

 

Jiyong gently made her sit on one plastic chair. He asked for the medicine kit, making her cringe just by the mention of medicines. Medicines plus Park Sandara equals Syntax Error. Bigbang and 2ne1 took their own seat, they were asking if she was okay, if she could still endure it and she would answer with a smile, hiding her dizziness, swallowing her neusea silently to herself. Jiyong came back with the medicine kit and a small basin with towel making everyone wonder where he got it. "Hyung where in the world did you get that?" Seungri blurted out in disbelief. "In my car's compartment, I have a feeling you will get sick." He answered not staring at him as he focused himself in dabbing the towel on Dara's forehead, neck and arms. "Wow, how did you know that?" Daesung said, dumbfounded.

 

"Seungri told me that he was scared last night," he stopped moving for a moment, everyone was silent. Dara kept her eyes anywhere but him. "I remembered when we watched Conjuring, he was so scared that he cried, the day after that he got sick." He continued wiping the towel to her arm. "You are an ideal husband in the making," Seungri whispered still shock. Jiyong ignored him, placing the towel back on the basin. He grabbed one cooling patch from his kit, peeled it and placed it on Dara's forehead. Dara flinched feeling the patch on her forehead but her eyes widened when Jiyong grab one tablet of paracetamol. Medicines flip her stomach and make her sicker than she was.

 

Without saying anything, Jiyong offered her the tablet. Dara looked at it horrified. She shook her head covering . Jiyong rolled his eyes, he removed her hand but she kept it in place still shaking her head violently. Gritting, Jiyong stood up, forcing to yank her hand away. "Seungri, drink your damn medicine!"Dara broke loose, staggering away from him. She stood up, her chair falling on the ground. They all watched half amazed, half dumbfounded on how they could fight with nothing but groan, grunt and grit and with Dara being sick. Jiyong reached the limit of his patience as he pinned Dara on the ground, his hands seizing her arms spread wide. Dara's eyes widened together with the gasp of everyone, standing up looking down on them.

 

Still decided to not take the bitter medicine, Dara pressed her lips tight. Jiyong glared at her yet she kept her lips sealed. Rolling his eyes, Jiyong popped the tablet in his mouth. He held her face with one hand, almost rough, that her lips popped on a small o. He leaned down, their lips brushed for a second, she thought they touched but it didn't. Loud gasped from their surrounding. He dropped the medicine in . Dara gagged, almost choked. Jiyong quickly gave her a bottle of water as she quickly sat down, emptying the bottle, trying to vanish the bitter taste.

 

Jiyong pulled her by the arm, she stumbled up to him. Jiyong kept her in place. Her stomach churned, she felt her whole mouth became nothing but disgusting bitterness. Dara covered , she pulled away from him and dashed off. Jiyong rolled his eyes before dashing to follow her. Feet away from  them, Dara was vomiting on a trash bin as Jiyong held her hair up, caressing her back with his other hand.

 

"Their relationship is bothering." Seungri shook his head. Bom looked at him. "Bothering? You mean cute?" Seungri shook his head. "No. I mean it. It is bothering." They all wore a confused expression. "Why? I actually envy them." Minzy interjected. "It was like they won't be able to function once they lose each other. I mean look at them they are in a 'fight' but they don't act like in one." They just looked at him as he sighed in exasperation, running his palm over his face in frustration."They're not talking." Daesung said matter of factly, earning a glare from him.

 

"Let's put it this way, what do you think will happen if let's say Dara noona got pregnant with another man and marry him? What do you think Jiyong hyung will do?" They were all silent, thinking. "That's hard to picture, I automatically think of Jiyong when I think of Dara noona." Youngbae frowned. "Exactly!" Seungri pointed out with high enthusiasm. "They might die if they lose each other." Seungri crossed his arm over his chest, nodding on his statement.

 

"That's ridiculous," Seunghyun pushed himself to stand up. "They will be fine without each other, maybe better." He walked away as the others stared at him, not believing in what they just heard. "What's with him?" Chaerin turned to her friends, who shrugged back on her.

 

×××

 

{09162013: Last day of taping for Freedom MV, Lunch}

Everyone were having their own world, some were chatting, others busy with their new gaming application. Jiyong was sitting silently in front of the table with Dara sitting next to him, her head leaning on his shoulder his arm wrapped around her, his palms caressing her upper arm. She was still a bit dizzy and they were still enemies. "Dara!" Seoyoung was grinning stupidly, clinging to her arms, wiggling like a giddy middle schooler. "What?" Dara looked at her, not really knowing what emotion to show. 2ne1 glanced at each other, Seoyoung took a deep breath. "He sent a buffet lunch for everyone; staffs, crew, for Bigbang and 2ne1. All first class." She was grinning stupidly at her. Dara blinked in disbelief of what she heard from her. "He did?" torn between amazement and disbelief, no one did that for her before, except Sanunion—her oh so sweet and rich fans.

2ne1 quickly gave her the teasing look as some men brought the lunch to them, placing them on the table. It looked like a feast―a seafood feast, which has crustaceans and unknown to everyone Park Sandara was allergic to crustaceans. Jiyong cocked her brow looking at the foods laid on the table in front of them. Dara bit her lips and averted her gaze. No one knew about her allergy except Jiyong. “Waaah, Unnie! You should introduce us to your suitor! He’s so sweet!” Chaerin said as everyone brought themselves on their places ready to enjoy the feast for them. Dara let out a sarcastic laugh as he moved her seat closer to the table with Jiyong following her, just looking at whatever she will do. “I bet these are your favorite foods, because damn! I love all of this,” Bom squealed with delight with Dara just laughing awkwardly at her. She hoped it was her favorite food and it will not kill her. Well she could only hope. Jiyong let out a scornful chuckle making her glare at him.

 

“Chaerin, these are all my favorite foods. Isn’t he thoughtful and sweet?” And now they were back at bickering, Seungri and Chaerin could only sigh. They waited for Jiyong to say anything but he didn’t, instead he remained sarcastic about anything except when Dara got herself some utensils and was really planning to eat despite knowing that it could get her to the hospital in doing so. “Seungri, don’t be stupid. Do you really wanna die?” his words were gritting, his hand gripping her wrist and eyes looking straight at her surprised one. “What do you care about, these are just foods, huh Chaerin?” she gritted back.
 

“You do know you can get to hospitals with these ‘just foods’, right?”

“And so? He sent them.”

“And then please tell your dumb suitor that you are allergic to all the foods he sent.”

“I am not allergic to cake.” she said matter of factly, making Jiyong roll his eyes in frustration.

 

He let go of her arms and dialed on his phone. “Hello, good afternoon please sent me your garlic chicken here, two orders, add extra chili flavor on the chicken, she likes it that way…” they all just looked at him as he was giving specific order on perhaps his and her favorite restaurant. Dara just fumbled with her fingers on her lap, cheeks puffed, tears b in her eyes. She was really pissed of him. Super pissed. They didn’t talked and everyone didn’t as well, the atmosphere was too fragile, something might explode if even the air was disrupted. The food came and Jiyong started preparing it, only for the two of them.

 

“Eat, Seungri.” he pushed the plate in front of her but Dara started acting like a child, crossing her arms over her chest, pouting and averting her gaze. Jiyong rolled her eyes, grabbed the utensil and mixed the food. He then made her look at him. Dara looked at him, her lips still on a pout, her cheeks on bubbles. “Ah.” he said in a flat tone. Dara remained still but after seconds she opened and Jiyong pushed the food to feed her. Everyone looked at them like that, him feeding her while eating.

 

On the fifth spoonful, Dara could no longer take the atmosphere. She looked at him, pissed and almost crying. “What the hell is your problem? Tell me what is your problem!? I am sorry okay! I didn't want to hurt you! Just stop acting like this!" Jiyong clenched his fist and glared back at her. “What’s my problem?” he chuckled humorless. “My problem is you went on a date with some ed up guy and then you didn’t tell me where you were and you slammed your ing car! I told you to don’t do that to me and you are asking me what my problem is?” He stood up, his chair slamming on the floor. Dara stood up, her fists clenched. “Everyone dies, Jiyong!” she exclaimed. “Yes, Everyone but not you! You can’t die on me! You can’t leave me!” He walked away, hissing loud, clutching his hair before screaming a curse.