Three

Into You

 

 

c h a p t e r || t h r e e 

 

 

{08102013: On the way to YG bldg, five in the morning}

It was still five in the morning but Jiyong was already driving his way to YG since the president wanted to talk to him personally before they start the meeting, another producers' meeting. So, even though he honestly still wants to sleep he was required to get up and drive there. He pressed some button on his car's touch screen panel, dialing the number of Dara's favorite doughnut brand. "Good morning sir, how may I help you?" the female operator answered. He started chipping his order and asking it to be delivered on her address on a specific time. After ordering he dialed another number this time it was hers. It took three redial before she answered his call. "Hello," her bed room voice filled his car. "Get up, babe. Even if you are the best best friend in the world you are not allowed to be late, get up, we both know how slow you move." Dara whined on the other line and he could just see her wiggling like a pissed child or like a salted worm. "Five more minutes, babe." Jiyong's answer came in an automatic no. "Fine!" Data hissed. "You are not getting up, you are just lying there." Dara didn't answer. "I didn't set up cameras you crazy ahjumma." Jiyong laughed and he could feel her super pout on the other line. "Get up and drive to YG, I will wait for you." he ended the call.

 

Jiyong entered the conference room on their building, surprised to only see the president and Teddy inside. "Where are the others?" he took the seat on the right side of the president. "We want to know too," Teddy was massaging his forehead, eyes still red out of lack of sleep. "Jiyong, I want to talk to you about something else." Hyunsuk turned to him. "If this is about me and Dara,, we are not dating." his answer was automatic and his tongue tired of stating the same thing over and over again. "Are you planning to court her?" Hyunsuk asked him as Teddy seemed to wake up at their intensifying question and answer.

 

"No! God, why would I?" Jiyong shook his head as if deeply scandalized by his question. "Are you sure?" Jiyong landed a look at their president, and he was the only one who can do that. "Why are you asking that? Dara is my best friend, a good friend. She’s like a sister to me" Hyunsuk nodded his head. "I just don't want you to get hurt, son." He leaned on his seat and Jiyong rolled his eyes sometimes wishing to tell everyone that he was pathetically in love with Choi Seunghyun and he was gay so how in the 's ing sake was he going to fall for Dara?

 

If only the world was made of Dara.

 

xxx

 

{08102013: On the way to YG bldg, seven thirty in the morning}

"Park Sandara!!! Where the hell are you!?" Jiyong was fuming on the other line, his voice filled her range rover. "I am driving my way there, I just got something and was caught in traffic." She really did got him something, she went to a store to buy him breakfast and energy drink because she was hell sure that he hasn't eaten a thing. "Hurry here so I could break your bones." His voice was dark she just hoped Belgian waffles and french toast could vanish those. "Neh, neh, I will drive faster, Honeybunch." The traffic light went green and she pushed the hand break and speed her way when suddenly a message on her car's touch panel appeared. "Don't drive fast, come here safe you crazy ahjumma." But she just increased her speed to 120. She pressed the message and was shock at its content. 

 

STAY AWAY FROM JIYONG OPPA, .

 

On cue, a car suddenly turned blocking her way making her step on her breaks but nothing happened. Her car went faster and she lost control of it. She tried turning the steering wheel but she crashed on to another car before crashing to a post. The crashing sound froze Jiyong as their friends looked at him. He paled and his hand was shivering, his lips quivering. "Dara?" he called but no answer. "Dara, Dara," he called over and over again. "Goddammit! Dara this is not a funny joke!! Dara!" he kept calling until she answered her voice weak, he could hear her ragged breathing. "Ji..." he could hear her inhale and exhale like she was just next to him, like she was snuggling to him as they sleep on his bed. "I'm sorry, I think I will be late..." then long beeping sound. Jiyong stood up and dashed out of the recording room, their friends followed him.

 

He reached the building lobby in time that one of their staffs entered quickly jogging to them. She was shaking and crying. "Dara got caught in a traffic accident, on...." she couldn't complete her sentence, she was just shaking. "Where is she?!" Jiyong shouted. Her group members were already crying and so were his. But he couldn't cry, it was like a bad dream, she was just lying there next to him, her arm and leg over him, her  breathing on his neck. It hurt so much that I think I might just die. Hyunsuk rushed to them. "Cho General Hospital. Don't let Jiyong drive use the company van."

 

xxx

 

{08102013: Cho General Hospital}

Jiyong ran the moment he got out of the company van, the press was clogging in front of the hospital, but he doesn't give a single to their questions or to the flashing lights. He pushed himself through the surge of crowd made of press and fans. They reached the emergency room and were welcomed by the doctor. "How is she?" he couldn't feel his heart, he was numbing and the expression on the doctor's face make him want to break down. "The patient is in critical condition, she lost too much blood. And the problem is her blood type AB positive is a very rare blood type, and apparently we don't have any stock in the blood bank," Jiyong could only think of three persons who have the same blood type as her: Thunder, their dad and him. Sanghyun was currently in Japan for his group's japanese debut, her dad left them even before she returned to Korea or even before they met.

 

"My blood type is AB positive." He knew the truth of course, he knew that he wouldn't be allowed to donate blood. "I'm sorry Mr. G-Dragon," the doctor shook his head. "But you are popular, popular enough for me to know about your tattoos... and..." Jiyong ran his palm over his face in frustration. "So you’re saying I can't donate my blood just because I have ing tattoos? She needs blood! She will die and you will let her just because I have tattoos!? That's bull!" Youngbae held him because he was so close to punching just anyone. "Mr. G-Dragon, we are just—," Jiyong pushed Youngbae away as he lurched himself to the doctor grabbing his collar. "Dammit! Take my blood! Take it all!" his tears fell. She was dying and he could save her, he could but no one was willing to give him a chance.

 

"I am AB positive," they turned to the guy standing behind them, clad on fit black long sleeves and skinny jeans. "Do you have ta—," "I am a regular blood donor, you could check my records." He shrugged. Jiyong let go of the doctor as he stared at him, asking himself what he was doing there. "Let's hurry sir, please follow me." Jiyong's fists clenched, his head hanged low. "Name sir?" the nurse asked him.

 

"Kim Jaejoong."

 

xxx

 

{08102013: Cho General Hospital, Eleven thirty in the evening, room 306}

"Early this morning 2ne1 member Park Sandara was caught in the dreadful traffic accident that almost took her life, Ms. Park's condition is still unknown to the public, the whole YG entertainment and her family refused to give any statement as of the moment."

 

He looked at her lying on the bed, her heartbeat mirrored by the ecg, her breathing supported by heavy equipment’s. She looked like she was just sleeping only she has bandages over her head, her arm covered with bandages as well. In her face small swollen and red cuts can be found. He moved closer to her. "I should research to avoid these from scarring."  He leaned his head over her chest. He could feel it move up and down. She was still alive. He could still feel her warmth. "I told you to not hurry, just come safe." His tears fell across his skin to her thin hospital gown. "Why are you so stubborn?" Everyone said it was not his fault but he thought otherwise. Because if only he didn't leave her. If only he knew this will happen he should have forced her to go to YG with him. That's the thing with time you don't know when it will haste, when it will slow or when it will stop. Just like death, you don't know when it will come for you or for those you loved the most.

 

He shut his eyes tightly. "They didn't accept my blood, they don't want me to give you my blood." he clutched the bed sheets. "How am I going to give you my heart when they don't even want me to give you my blood." his tears keep falling creating a small pool that seeped into her hospital gown.

 

The patient is still under observation if she didn't wake up within twenty four hours then we will declare on her medical board that she's in the state of coma.

 

"Babe, you have to wake up because I saw this really cute red dress on the internet, then Seunghyun hugged me tight, so tight that I feel like I'm going to get pregnant." he was sobbing hard. This was G-Dragon, the bad boy, the womanizer, this was the very him. "In fact, I think I am pregnant already." The Kwon Jiyong who couldn't live without his best friend, his confidant, the last good soul roaming the earth. "Name it after me." He quickly got up and saw her smiling at him, eyes half opened. "Water, babe, I am so thirsty." He quickly got up and got her water. He called their friends, her family who were eating in the cafeteria and just giving him time with her, then he called for the doctor.

 

"I missed you."

"I missed you more, sis."

 

"Good job, well done, Ms. Park." Dara grinned on her doctor and looked over all those who were surrounding her. "I feel like it's either I am dying or it's my birthday." Everyone laughed at her statement. "Let's take confirmation shoot, though I strongly sensed that you have all tweeted that I am okay, especially you Ji," Jiyong shrugged. "I already got more than one million retweets," he chuckled, holding her hand. Dara pouted. They soon took pictures and posted one in every one of their sns and even YG posted a blog on YGLife, thanking God for saving one of his daughters. The fun was suddenly cut when two police officers entered the room.

 

"We're sorry for interrupting but we are here to get an official statement from Ms. Park." Everyone glanced at each other. "Can't she rest first?" Jiyong broke the heavy silence. "It's okay," Dara glanced at Gd before forcing herself to sit up. Her body felt , like she was beaten to a pulp. "What do you want to know?" The silence in the room was sickening, everyone wants to know what really happened since no one really knew except Dara or maybe these two police officers.

 

"Is your car in good condition when you left your house?"

"Yes, it's okay."

"Where are you going?"

"We were supposed to record today, so I am going to YG building."

"Did you go somewhere else before you went to YG?" Dara nodded.

"I went to Jiyong's favorite cafe to buy him breakfast," Jiyong held her hand tighter, Dara looked and smiled at him. "Then I went to a convenience store to buy energy drink and candies."

 

The two police officers nodded. No one was still speaking but their sighs were loud enough to fill the whole room with its noise. "Ms. Park, have you been receiving death threats?" Their eyes widened looking at her as she kept her lips on a thin line. She doesn't want to answer the question which only doubled their worries. "Based on our investigation, your car was tampered, the wirings were altered." Dara sighed, Jiyong was shaking and the others couldn't believe on what they were hearing. Some haters do send death threats buy mostly they were just blooded notes which remained notes. "I received a message before I got into the accident. I received that countless times, different methods, I thought it was nothing." Dara meekly said. Looking at Jiyong, worried about him. "We need to know the message, Ma'am." Dara was hesitant but decided to tell it anyways.

 

"Stay away from Jiyong oppa, ."

 

xxx

 

{08112013: Cho General Hospital, two in the morning, room 306}

Dara was sleeping, resting yet no one in her family nor Bigbang or 2ne1, even Yang Hyunsuk felt any will to sleep despite being emotionally, physically exhausted the whole day. They were just silent in that dark room. No one was talking or saying anything. The air was cold and still. Mrs. Park was sent home by Sanghyun after successfully calming her down and after doing so, Sanghyun, who came straight from Japan went back to the hospital. "This is ridiculous," Seungri finally broke the atmosphere, like what he had always been doing. "You mean, evil?" Chaerin shook her head. "We almost lost Dara just because of some crazy obsessed fan..." Bom buried her face on her palm as Youngbae comforted his girlfriend. Seunghyun looked at Jiyong who was silent, sitting next to Dara. "What's your plan, Jiyong?" Jiyong looked at him for seconds before drifting back his gaze on Dara. He pushed her hair to the side. He then lifted his gaze locking it to their company's president.

 

"We will call for a press conference tomorrow."

 

xxx

 

{08112013: Seoulcialite Hotel Event Hall, YG Press Conference}

"Yesterday, one of my artist, one of my children, my daughter was caught in a traffic accident that no one had ever expected. We almost lost her, and it broke our heart." Hyunsuk started as the cameras' bright flash almost blinded them. He sat behind a long white table, microphones placed down in front of him. Next to him, to his right sat all the Bigbang members, Jiyong, Seunghyun, Youngbae, Seungri, Daesung. To his left was filled by 2ne1 members with their producer, Teddy Park. "But it broke our heart more upon knowing through an investigation conducted by the authorities that Park Sandara's car was tampered, its wirings altered. Yes, there was foul play, someone tried to kill Park Sandara." The hall was filled with gasped that turned to buzzing’s, buzzing’s that exploded into millions of questions demanding for some answer. "It turned out Ms. Park has been receiving death threats these past month from a sasaeng fan of G-Dragon." Jiyong's fist clenched, the cameras now focused on him, questions flooding directly to him.

 

Hyunsuk looked at Jiyong, passing him the microphone, it was all up to him now. Jiyong exhaled and took the microphone, the moment his mouth opened, his heart flowed, words crashed like angry waves. "I am... more than aware that in this industry talent is not really the most important thing, it is the fans, your supporters. You can have a talent, you can have the looks but if you don't have fans, if people won't recognize you, if no one will support you, you're still nothing. You are no one. I will not deny that I sat here as G-Dragon, together with Bigbang because we have our supporters, we have our fans. And I am aware that I won't be famous forever the same way that I won't be young or be able to sing, dance or write songs forever. And when I could no longer offer the things I can offer now, I will lose my fans not gradually but slowly. No one will say they are my fans when I am already old and just waiting to die.

 

"Yesterday, I almost lost my best friend, an important person in my life." He bit his lips hard, his fist clenched tighter. "I said this before, I will say it again. Park Sandara and I are not dating, we are best friends, I love her. I love her so much but I know I am not the man for her, she deserves someone better and not this packed with various scandal G-Dragon. She is kind, sweet and all things lovely and the only kind soul roaming this rotting world. And this accident almost took her away not just from me but from us, from her family, from the people who loves her." He sighed wiping his tears away.

 

"It is the fans who make G-Dragon, I am more than grateful to them but if my fans will just do this ridiculous hating on the people I loved, if they were out there to take  them away from me... then I don't need my fans anymore, I will be more than happy to be just Kwon Jiyong."

 

xxx

 

{08152013: YG Building, style meeting for music videos}

"I almost fell in love with you." Jiyong cringed at her statement. Dara couldn't shut up regarding his dramatic speech during the press conference the day after her accident. She even memorized it and only if she was not covered in bandages he will definitely scratch her like a ing. "...Then, I don't need my fans anymore, I will be more than happy to be just Kwon Jiyong." Dara recited dramatically as Jiyong covered his ears with his fingers gagging in disgust thinking about it. Dara laughed, back hugging him, her arms encircling his stomach. She looked at him. "I would hate myself if your career fell..." she let go of him and jogged ahead of him. Jiyong looked at her as she reached the what seemed to be a department store in their building. He scratched his hair. "Yah! Come back here you crazy ahjumma!" He jogged after her, determined to beat her for being dramatic.

 

After the press conference, Jiyong was more than prepared for his career to fall. Those words he said, he bet everything on it, his present and the future of his career. Yet, there he waited for the apocalypse the more it didn't come. He became the headline, people not criticizing him instead praising him, admiration was laid, sympathy was offered. He all of a sudden became the sweetest guy and his fans increased. Two days after the one who tampered Dara's car surrendered herself to the police. Knowing this, Dara quickly told him to go to the police station and forgive her. She was just a junior in high school for pete’s sake. Though he felt extremely bitter he still went to see her and the girl just ended up crying hard in front of him. He pitied her and told her, "Dara almost died but she forgave you. I honestly can't because I almost lost her and that was more terrifying than dying. But she asked me to forgive you. I'll be honest, I can't... for now. Please, give me time."

 

Dara ran her way to Seunghyun and used him as shield Jiyong chased after her and they played tag with Seunghyun stuck between them and enduring their craziness. But he liked it better than not having Dara with them. Dara pushed him to Jiyong as Seunghyun stumbled down hugging Jiyong. Jiyong froze on his spot as Dara giggled. "Aish! You are such a headache." Seunghyun turned to Dara but the lady only stick her tongue on him. Dara went next to Jiyong and playfully bumped her hip against him. Jiyong who was high on the skin ship turned to look at his crazy best friend. He wrapped his arm around her and messed her hair. "Oh, what would I do without you?" They laughed.

 

 

"Thank you," he kissed her on her cheeks and Dara playfully wiped her cheeks away. "Keep your virus to yourself," she wiped her hand on his shirt. Jiyong held her in place, threatening to her as Dara struggled wildly out of his hold pushing him away.

 

xxx