Chapter 1: First Meeting

Kpop High

Rachel's POV

"Hello, I'm here to check into my dorm," I brightly smiled at the woman behind the desk.  It took me just 5 minutes to work up the courage to get here.  I was nervous to my stomach just being here, and speaking to someone I didn't know isn't exactly my cup of tea.  I had stared at her medium length blonde hair with a few greys showing through her roots, fair skin tone, and slightly wrinkled skin on her face.  I adjusted the backpack on my shoulders nervously and fiddled with the handle on my rolling luggage at my side, my last pieces of luggage that I had to pack to come here.

The middle aged woman looked up from her work behind her wired glasses.  "Name?"

"Rachel Jenson," I answered.  "I'm in the 10th grade."

The woman looked back at her computer screen and typed in a few pieces of information before she looked back at me.  "Yes, you're in the system.  Welcome to the Campus."  She gathered up a few more documents before handing them to me one by one.  "This is the student handbook, please have it read over and signed before your first class.. This is your campus map, please refer to it to get to your classes, cafeteria, et cetera.  This is your student information sheet, please do not lose it because it has valuable information.  This is your student ID, please have it visible at all times.  And finally, your class schedule and your dormitory room key.  If you have any questions, please contact me or the dorm manager."

The load in my hands wasn't supposed to weigh a lot, right?  Then, why are my arms suddenly tired?  Shaking it off and readjusting the packets in my hands to lean on only one of my arms, I thanked the woman politely and headed off to a nearby bench before setting the documents down.

"Geez, the old lady didn't even explain anything slowly enough to understand," I muttered.  I took my room key and stuffed it in my jeans pocket.  I took the student ID and hooked it onto my lanyard I made so I wouldn't lose it.  I stuffed everything except the class schedule, campus map, and student information sheet into my backpack.  I was going to guide myself to the dorms and get myself settled before I go do some exploring around campus.

I got up and adjusted the black fedora on my head, and fixed the rest of my attire.  I was wearing some studded ankle boots with slightly ripped three-quarter jeans, a purple ruffled camisole, and a dark blue denim vest.  My eyes were covered with dark sunglasses and a black argyle patterned purse hung by a wrist strap that held my phone, my iPod, some cash, and a few other stuff.  My highlighted hair was down in its natural wavy style under my fedora.  I slung the backpack over my shoulders, gripped the handle on my luggage, and held the rest of the documents in my arms.  Following the map, I made it to the dormitory building.

My parents already dropped off my other stuff earlier in the main office, so they should be waiting for me at my room.  They sent me here reluctantly after my teachers recommended that I come here.  I was transferring from my small neighborhood high school because they thought I was "able to achieve great things and achieve great standards."  I don't know, it's teacher stuff.  According to the brochure to the place, it wasn't for gifted people, it was just a place for students that I guess weren't happy with their lives at their own high school?  That their teachers thought they deserved better?  I'm not entirely sure, but I wasn't going to give up an opportunity to be at such a prestigious school rather than stay at my boring old school.  No one else that I know was going to come here, just me.  Thank god because I couldn't stand being with those idiots.

I was happy to be here, I was able to start anew and make new friends.  Who am I kidding?  I'm such a quiet hermit crab that I keep more to myself than talk to other people.  Besides, I'm such a huge nerd that if I had the choice, I would be reading a thick science fiction novel rather than walking around campus after this.  But it had to be done if I didn't want to risk the embarrassment of getting lost here.  I liked the freedom, which is why I was so excited to come.  I promised my family that I would call them often (yeah right, we'll see) and that I would visit them on vacations hopefully.

I came to the dormitory and read my sheet.  I was in Room 112.  I heared that I was going to have a roommate, but I don't know who it is.  I haven't met her yet.  I stepped into the elevator at pushed the first floor button.  I was thankful that was where my room was and not a higher floor.  I'm not exactly a morning person, and I tend to be almost late for classes.  When the elevator dinged and came to my floor, I headed down the hall towards my room.

"106...108...110...  Ah, 112," I came to my door.  I let go of the handle of my luggage and reached to my pocket to get my room key.  I fished it out, put the key through the doorknob, and pushed my way in.

It was a room big enough for two girls to live comfortably in.  It was almost like a hotel suite, except much more living space and closet space.  There was one bedroom with two full sized beds in a back room with two separate closets.  The bathroom was enough for both of us.  The sinks were double everything; double sink, double overhead medicine cabinets, and double storage cabinets under the marble vanity.  The shower was walk in with a tub in it.  The shower curtains were white.  The main living space had a small coffee table, a mini coffee maker (score!), a microwave, a fridge with a freezer, and a gas stove with an oven.  It was basically a smaller version of home.

I rolled my luggage in the bedroom.  On one side of the bedroom, my stuff was sitting patiently for me.  The other side has luggage that I didn't recognize.  Probably for my roommate, I thought.  I dropped my backpack onto my bed and collapsed onto it.  I let out a heavy breath.

"I hope we get along," I hoped out loud.  "Maybe she likes Kpop if I'm lucky.  I hope she's not a stuck up ."  I made a face.  If I had to pretend to like my roommate, I'm moving out next year!

Suddenly, I heard the sound of jingling keys disturbing the silence.  I sat up.  "Oh, that must be her."  I went out of the bedroom to greet her.

 

Tara's POV

I opened the door to my mom's black Ford Focus ST and lightly shut it before running to the trunk to grab my black duffle bag.  As I shut the door to the trunk, a familiar sound of clicking shoes echoed in my ears.  I looked up at my mom and saw the sad smile that settled itself on her soft red lips.

"I can't believe my little girl is going to school here," she said while moving my bangs out of my face.

"Everything is going going to be fine," I raised my eyebrows at her.  "I'm 16 now.  I have saved up a lot of money and everything will be fine."

"Ok," she softly said before wrapping her arms around me.

I wrapped my arms around her too.  Her long black hair blocked my vision as I hugged her, but I didn't care.  I pulled away and looked into her green eyes before I smiled one last time.

"I will send you an email when I get settled," I said waving as she got back in the car.

"OK!  I love you!" she yelled.

"I love you too mom!" I yelled and watched as she drove away.

I turned and faced the new place.  I scanned it over quickly before gathering my thoughts.  The place was nice.  And I could see my style wasn't going to be respected.  I could see some people walking into a building with bags and backpacks.  They all wore jeans and a regular shirt.  I on the other hand was was wearing  black skin tight pants with silver studds up the outside. my shirt, a black v-neck with the word ''love' in a newspaper-like font. i also added my favorite shoes.,white combat boots with  black laces.They had black stiching and. One red heart. I fixed my hair so that it rested on the front of my shoulders.  I also fixed my bangs and the white bow clip in my hair.  I put on some shades and followed the other new comers.  There weren't really a lot, so I just kind of brushed their looks away.

"Hi," I said to the lady behind the desk.

"Hello," she smiled.

"I'm Tara Liel.  And I'm here to pick up my info and stuff," I nodded and smiled.

She started typing away at the computer, and so I took the time to look at her.  She had medium length blonde hair that was in soft curls.  She had on thick rimmed glasses that covered her blue eyes.  She seemed to be in her late 40s.  She handed me some things and explained to me what they were.  I blinked a few times before I left the office and started searching for my way out to the dorm building.

I was on my way when my iPhone started to vibrate.  When I looked at the screen, I noticed it was a text message from my brother.  I stopped walking and read the message.

Good luck in school.  I am going to miss you

I smiled at my phone and put it back in my bag.  While I stopped, I took a chance to take in my surroundings.  The buildings were all brick and had tons of windows.  The buildings seemed to be smiling.  Not literally, but they seemed nice and welcoming.  They were each maybe 4 stories high.  My other school was 2.  I loved that place.  I really didn't want to leave, but I just couldn't take it there.  I didn't like anyone there besides a few teachers.  That was it.  Everyone hates Kpop and thinks it's fine to just make fun of anyone who is different.  So I just left.  I am different and I'm pretty darn proud!

Once I finished looking at the buildings and trees and just a few flowers, I decided to take a few pictures.  I was able to connect to the WiFi the school had, so I was able to add a few pictures to my Facebook and Instagram.  I took out my map and actually tried to find the dorms.  I actually wasn't to far away from the building.  My mom told that everything she sent me should be there.

I opened the doors of the building and let them shut behind me.  I took out the papers with my dorm number on it.  I looked down at the number: 112...

"Are you kidding?  I wanted a room that was higher!  Dammit." I cursed.

I really REALLY wanted a higher floor.  I wanted to be able to overlook campus, see the stars!  But no, I just had to be on the first freaking floor.  I mentally rammed my head into the wall.  I forced myself into the elevator and pushed the button.  I was in the elevator for no longer than a minute before the door opened and I stepped out.  I started walking the plain white halls looking for my room.  When I found it, I simply stared at the door.  When I had the courage, I twisted the knob and pushed the door open.  I sighed and walked into my new home...For now.  When I first looked around, I saw my stuff and then I saw someone else's.

Hope this girl likes kpop. Or else I'm gone ASAP.

 

Author’s POV

Rachel walks into the front room to meet the girl that is going to be living with her that year.  She was a little nervous to meet the mystery girl.  Both of them lock eyes before staring at each other’s appearance.  Rachel examined the girl’s dramatic purple hair and her outgoing style.

Huh, she thought.  Quite the trend setter I see.  But I like the hair.  The quiet girl wouldn’t usually be brave enough to pull off such a feat as the one in front of her.  It was almost intimidating for her to look, maybe even a little envy.  She was starting to wonder what would come out of when she spoke.  Would this roommate be loud and obnoxious (She hoped not!)?  Or would she be friendly despite her outside?  She looks more into Jrock, Rachel thought with a frown.  I was hoping for a Kpop roommate...  Oh well, you can’t please everyone.

Tara studied the girl who is her roommate.  She mentally raised her right eyebrow and slapped herself.

Well she.... looks...nice.  I do like the hat.  The outfit isn't working.... she thought.  I think I'm a little out of line there, but we all have our opinions.

Being the girl she is, she doesn't really think ankle boots work, but as she has taught herself, don't judge a book by its cover.  And she hasn't even met the girl, so she decided to keep an open mind.  After she blinked a few times, she decided to break the awkward silence in the room.  After all, it was so thick you could cut it.

"Hi.  I'm Tara!  I'm guessing you’re my new roommate?" she said, slightly nervous.

Rachel blinked.  I guess she’s friendly, she thought, a little relieved.  “Yeah, that’s me.  I’m Rachel.  Nice to meet you.”

"I'm going to start to unpack now," she smiled and nodded while walking over to her stuff.

Rachel nodded.  “Me too.  Your stuff is on your side already.”

Both of them entered the bedroom and quietly started to get settled in.  They started to unpack and add little things to the room, and bit by bit it started looking better.

Tara stripped the bed of its horrible sheets and threw them to the side.  She went over to her stuff and searched for her sheets and covers.  When she found them, she pulled them out.  Instead of boring beige, she had some black sheets, and the comforter was a neon green with a few black diamonds in random locations.   She had about 6 or 7 pillows.  She placed the black cover pillows against the wall, covered by 2 neon green, then she placed a rich purple heart pillow in the center.  On the left of it was a green Angry Bird pillow, and on the right was a black pillow that was in the shape of a figure skater.

When she was done with that, she put all of her clothes away and set her hamper on the closet.  She taped up a several posters on her side.  3 of EXO (1 of M, 1 of K and one if all 12), 1 Super Junior, 1 SHINee, and a few band poster of Jrock and Visual kei posters.  She found her iHome and iPod.

"I'm going to play some music," she told Rachel before selecting a song.

"Why So Serious" by SHINee started playing.  And once that was playing, she continued working.  She would sing along to the song and dance when Rachel wasn't looking.

While Tara had been settling in on her side of the room, Rachel had put black sheets on her bed with a purple and black comforter.  She had a black pillow to match her sheets, another one to match the comforter, and a smaller black and purple striped pillow.  She had a yellow Angry Bird and a smaller red Angry Bird sitting on top of her bed.  When she had been done with that, she put up the two EXO posters she got from her XOXO albums (one of them had Kris’ nickname crossed out from “Koala” and she wrote “BenBen” next to it), a Super Junior poster from their Bonamana Era, and a BtoB poster from their Press Play album.  She then took out her iPod and her iHome and plugged it in on the side of the room.

What shocked her was when Tara started playing “Why So Serious” on her iHome.  She finally turned around and saw the Kpop/Jrock/Visual kei paradise that was her roommate's side of the bedroom.

“You like SHINee too?” she asked, completely in shock.

"Ne, majayo!  I do!  I think they’re great" Tara turned and smiled.

What she saw was very unexpected.  She saw the posters and smiled.  She looked at Rachel's bed and laughed.  "Black, purple, Angry Birds and Kpop... I like your style!" she laughed happily and her smile grew.

We are going to be great friends!! Yay!  She thought excitedly.

Rachel laughed along with her roommate.  “Yup!  That’s me!”  This girl ain’t so bad after all.  We’re gonna be best friends! she thought happily.  “Next thing you’re gonna tell me is you’re learning Korean,” she joked.

"Actually I am, but I'm horrible at it," she smiled.

“Come on, I’m sure you aren’t that bad!  I’ll help you if you want to!” Rachel offered.

"That would be great!!!" Tara jumped around.

Rachel jumped and laughed with her.  “Tara, we are going to be awesome friends!!”

"Are you kidding?!  Awesome is an underestimate!" she said proudly.

“True DAT!” Rachel responded.  “I thought I would never find another person that loves Kpop around here!  Everyone in my old school hated it!”

"Same here!  I got picked on for i,t" she shifted her balance to her right leg and stared at the floor.

“Yeah, me too,” Rachel crossed her arms over her chest.  “They just don’t understand good music with hot guys.  It’s their loss though, not everyone is awesome and crazy enough to understand it.”  She flipped her hair like she was a diva.

"Is that your Key impression?" Tara joked.

“Yeah, pretty much!” Rachel smiled.  “Oh!  Speaking of SHINee, do you have as much Onew Condition as I do?!  I swear Jinki is after me!”  She threw her arms in the arm in exasperation.

"Probably more...  On my way to my mom’s car, I tripped and fell into her car," she laughed nervously and scratched the back if her neck.

“Dude, I’ve tripped going up the stairs!” Rachel scoffed.  “It’s not as great as people think.”

"I know!  I fell going up the stairs the other day and got some scratches!  And I always freeze the atmosphere in the room with a joke!" Tara exclaimed.

Rachel sighed.  “Oh, Jinki.”  She shook her head.  “So who’s your bi-"

"TAEMIN IS MINE!!!!" Tara cut her off by yelling. "Oops sorry about that!" She said putting a band up.

The other girl jumped in shock.  “Ok then...  He’s all yours...Even though I like him too...” she whispered the last part.

"Soooo, who's your SHINee bias~~?" Tara asked almost teasingly as she leaned closer and wiggled her eyebrows.

“Uhhhh...*cough*Taemin*cough* JONGHYUN!” she screamed the last part.

"Woah HO HO!! Did you say Taemin?!" She asked taken aback.

Rachel scoffed a little dramatically.  “Me?  Like Taemin?  Pshh, nawwww.”  Shoot, she heard me, she thought to herself.

"It's fine! There are tons more people who love him too!" She laughed.

“So, it’s ok if I like him too?  You won’t kill me or anything?” Rachel asked cautiously.

"Yep!" She smiled.

Rachel relaxed and wiped an invisible bead of sweat from her forehead.  “Thank God!  I know some die hard Taemin fans that would kill you if you liked him too.  They scare the out of me!”

"Anyway, I'm going to go finish unpacking.  I need to make sure I have my perfumes!!" Tara said pointing to the boxes.  "Quickly self!  To the boxes!"  She then went over to the boxes.

She searched through the boxes before she heard glass clinking together.  She pulled out her perfumes and set them on the night stand.  All 10 were there.  She arranged them so that it looked funky and yet classy.

"Perfected!" she clapped her hands together.

Rachel looked at her crazy roommate with her head tilted slightly.  “Heh?”  She couldn’t process what just happened.  She quickly shook it off.  “So, when we finish packing you wanna go explore around campus?”

"We should go get something to eat first!  I'm starving!" she said as her stomach growled.  "I suggest chicken!"

“No no no,” Rachel wiggled her finger at her.  “It’s fried chicken...with duck sauce.”

"Fried chicken with duck sauce it is!" she said nodding.  "But I can't wear this!  I wanna change into something more comfortable."

“Oh...kay then?”

Tara went over to her closet and pulled out some black parachute pants and a red v-neck.  She went to the bathroom and changed before she folded the other clothes up and put them away.  "Ready?!" she asked her roommate.

“Yup, let’s go!”  Rachel took her purse, her sunglasses, and the room key.  “I hope we don’t get lost.  That would be embarrassing!”

"My phone will help!  Now let's go!"  She hooked arms with Rachel and ran out of the room, pulling her roommate with her.

Tara pushed the button on the elevator and started jumping in place with Rachel still hooked to her arm.  When the elevator dinged and the door opened, she rushed in and pushed the button repeatedly, wishing it would move quicker.  When the door opened, Tara sprinted out, but forgot that the door needed to be pulled open.  So instead of pushing it open as she ran, she ran into the door and slowly slid down.  "CURSE YOU ONEW CONDITION!!!" she yelled.

Rachel giggled next to her.  “Are you ok?”

"Just peachy!  You know?" she said while shaking her head.

“Yup...Tara, you know you have to pull open the door, right?” Rachel said, pulling open the other side to show her.

Tara stood up quickly and brushed herself off.  "Hehe, I knew that!" she said before she started turning around in circles.  "Awww, there's dirt on my !!" she said trying to brush the dirt off.

Rachel started guffawing with laughter.  She held her stomach and tried to cover up her loud laughter, but she failed epically.  “Come on, let me help you,” she said, wiping the tears away from her eyes.  She helped Tara brush the dirt off the back of her pants.  “You’re right, Jinki hates you more!”  She opened the door again and led the other girl out safely.  “So, I want to know if I should be calling you unni or you should be calling me that.”

"When's your birthday?" Tara asked as they started walking.

Chil wol sa il!  I’m a July 4th baby!  How about you?”

"January 1st!  What year?" she asked, not wanting to be older.

“1997."

"1998!!  HI UNNIE!!" She said.

Rachel laughed.  “I figured you were younger!  You’re so cute and clumsy!”  And it seemed that karma was out to get her because at that moment, she walked right into a metal pole.  She fell backwards onto her back.  “Well...that hurt...” she blinked.  Then, the pain of the metal hitting her face caught up to her and she hissed.  “AH!  Apayo!  Jinjja apayo!  Aish~!”  She rubbed the sore spot on her forehead.  “That’s gonna give me a bruise tomorrow.”

“Uh, excuse me?”

Both of the girl’s eyes widened at the deep voice.  Rachel tilted her head back and she nearly screamed.  Tara...well, she was on the verge of crying, then dying.  “Uhhh...ne?” Rachel spoke in a shaking voice.  She rolled over upright to see his face properly.

The figure was tall, extremely tall.  He had short, black hair and piercing brown eyes.  Both of them would recognize that face anywhere, it was up on their wall!

"HOLY MOTHER OF FREAKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!" Tara screamed.

Rachel scrambled up and covered .  “Tara, I know this is very...for lack of a better word awesome, but calm down for a second?” she whispered to her.

"I swear right now I could do the process that Johnny did, then the scream and then the DEAD," she said after she took a big breath and gulped.

“Ok, I’ll handle this,” Rachel said and turned back to the giant standing in front of them, obviously amused at the two girls’ exchange.  “Hahaha, don’t mind her.  Anyway, did you want s-something?” she asked, stuttering at the end.

And just then out of nowhere, a growling sound was heard.  Tara laughed nervously and held her stomach.  "It's a wolf?"

The man in front of them cracked a smile.  “One of you dropped this,” he said, holding out Rachel’s hat.

She widened her eyes and blushed.  “Hehehe...sorry about that.”  She took it from his hands and put it back on.

Just then Tara started to laugh. "THAT IS SO GOING ON INSTAGRAM" she yelled, showing Rachel her phone.  Tara showed her a picture that she took of the boy and the blushing girl.  "Um...Can we go eat now?  I'm hungry for that fried chicken!" Tara whined.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Rachel said, dazed.  “But uh, nice to meet you...” she trailed off.

"Wait!!  Can he come with us?!" Tara asked jumping up and down.

“TARA!!” Rachel scolded.  But as she looked at the handsome man in front of her, she couldn’t say no.  “Fine, if he wants to.”

"Would you like to join us?" Tara turned and asked the tall boy.

The boy smiled and chuckled.  “Sure thing.”

Both girls were about to scream, run around jumping, and die.  "Then lets go!  Come friends, to the Batmobile!!" Tara said pointing in a random direction.  Rachel gave her a “WTF??” look.  "Siri, where can I go to get fried chicken?" she asked her phone, which gave her directions.  Her stomach growled one more time before all three of them laughed.

They all started walking in a comforting silence, but Tara decided to break it by playing music from her phone.  She selected the song and "Rokkugo" by Super Junior T started started playing loudly and clearly.  Rachel and Tara sang loudly to the music while the God before them laughed.

“I didn’t know you guys were Kpop fans!” he said.

“Well, now you know!” Tara exclaimed.  "Why else would we have screamed when we saw you?!"

“We know you well enough, Kris,” Rachel winked at him with a smirk.  When Tara saw what Rachel did she couldn't stop her laughter.  “What?” Rachel asked in confusion.

"UNNI HAS A CRUSH~~" she sang.

The older girl blushed.  “So do you!” she snapped.

"Yeah, but you don't see me smirking and winking at him~" she teased the older girl.  Rachel almost smacked the girl, but she dodged out of her way.  "Come on now!  Tara's tummy is hungry!" the younger girl added.

“Then let your phone show us the way to the treasure!!” Rachel proclaimed.

So, they continued on their walk to their destination for chicken.  Tara's stomach growled a few more times along the way and they all laughed.  Kris had explained why he at the school.  He had also talked about our different styles and how they reflected how we felt.  The girls were amazed with him.  They also mentioned that they feel bad because of sasaeng fans.  But, not too long after they arrived at their X for the treasure.  The waitress brought them to a booth and they tried to figure out the seating quickly.  Kris sat alone across from the girls, while Rachel sat on the outside and Tara sat in the inside.  They all ordered drinks and food and began to wait for the yummy chicken to be ready.  During the wait, Tara took out her phone and started playing a few games to keep herself distracted.

"So..." Rachel started, trying to break the silence.  "Is it just you here or the rest of EXO are here too?"

"The rest of them came with me.  I couldn't leave them alone, Suho can't take care of all of the kids on his own.  The last time I left for Canada, Suho lost the kids twice!" he said exasperated.

"Hm, so no one takes care of them like you do, huh?" Tara asked.

"Yup," he nodded.  "I'm surprised that you guys recognized me.  No one else around here had the same reaction."

Both girls stopped and stared at him.  "Are you serious?" Rachel asked.  "So there's no other Kpop fans around here.  Nice," she said sarcastically.

"I called my stomach a wolf because I knew it was you.... Kris!" Tara said out of nowhere.  Both of them looked at Tara and started laughing.  "What?" She asked cluelessly.

"Nothing, that was just random!" Kris laughed.

"I'm thankful it was just you., Tara started.  "If there was more, I'd probably die."

"Maybe you'll be able to meet them all soon," Kris suggested.  "They're all here."

"OWWW CURSE YOU LACTIC ACID!" Tara yelled.  The two others looked at her in concern.  "Started doing some stuff to help improve my leg strength..." she laughed nervously.  "And now I'm sore from wall sits."

The others started hysterically laughing at the youngest girl.  "Have you two been friends for long?" Kris asked.

"Nope!" both girls answered.  "We met this morning!  We're roommates!"

"HEY!  Do you get to see Onew from SHINee often?" Tara asked eagerly.

"We work in the same building, so yeah.  They came with us actually," he confessed.

The two girls looked at him slack jawed.  "Next time you see him, tell him Onew Condition is really dangerous and contagious.  Please," Tara said.

"The next thing you know, you're gonna tell us that Super Junior came too!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Actually, they did!  How did you know?" Kris asked.

The two girls looked at each other.  Their jaws hit the table and yet they were smiling uncontrollably.  They knew that this year was going to be the best school year of their lives.

The waitress returned with their yummy chicken and they started eating.  Some more quickly than others *cough*Tara*cough*.

"I think you and Kai would get along well," Kris laughed.  "You eat like him when he wants fried chicken."

"WHAT!?" Tara asked almost choking on her chicken.

Rachel and Kris laughed at her.  “Yeah, he eats just like you, a real beast!” he explained.

"Great," Tara said sarcastically.  "Now I'm D.O!"

“I didn’t mean it that way!” Kris covered up desperately.

Tara started to burst with laughter and was almost rolling like a buffalo.

“So, if you guys are going to school with us,” Rachel started.  “What grade are you guys in?!”

"Well, we are all different ages so it will be different for each member," he nodded.  "How old are you both?" he asked.

“16,” both girl responded.

"Ahhh, so that means you two may have classes with Sehun!" he exclaimed.

"SEHUN?!?!" they both screamed over excitedly, which caused Kris to chuckle.

"Ne, majayo.  He's a nice kid," he smiled.

“Oh...Se...Hun...  In class...with us...  Tara...”   And then Rachel faints.

Tara burst into laughter at the sight of her new friend fainting.  "That is what I call the 'Dead'," she pointed and laughed once more.  "Next thing you're going to say is that you and your roommate is staying across the hall from us," she joked.

“That depends, what room are you guys staying in?” Kris asked.

"112, you?" she asked.

“Oh really?  Then we live a few doors across at 109!” he exclaimed.

"Tall famous boy talkin' 'bout say what?!" Tara said.  "Rachel wake up!" she told the girl before taking an ice cube and putting it in her shirt.  "That should do" she wipped her hands off.

At contact with the ice, Rachel woke up immediately.  “HOLY MOTHER OF KRISUS, THAT’S COLD!”  She then covered when she realized what she said.  “Oops...”

Tara was holding her stomach laughing and barely breathing.  "That's why I'm the maknae of the group!  Hehe~" she laughed even more.

Rachel glared at the girl.  “You and Sehun are probably gonna get along just peachy,” she muttered.

"But I like strawberries more," Tara whined.

“Tara honey, it’s just a saying,” Rachel stressed.

"Yes, I'm aware of that." Tara smiled sweetly.

"Excuse me, but did you say Krisus?" Kris asked with a raised eyebrow.

Rachel froze.  “Uhhh...psh, naww.  Why would I say that?”  I’m caught, oh shoot, what’s he gonna say?? she thought to herself.

"You're wrong, she didn't say that" Tara started.  "She said 'Holy Krisus'," she smiled.

Rachel tried not to blush.  She tried glaring at Tara to cover it up.  “Not helping at all,” she hissed at her.

"I know," Tara smirked.

Rachel slammed her head down on the table, her ears burning like an oven.  I’m done for.

"Why is it that cats always look like they're smiling?" Tara asked randomly.

Kris blinked.  “I...really don’t know actually,” he thought about that.

"Okay!" Tara shrugged before she went back to eating.

The bell to the chicken restaurant chimed as another boy walked in and looked around.  When he spotted Kris, he gasped.  “KRIS!!”  He ran up to the table where the three of them were sitting.  “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”  On his way over, he tripped on a chair leg and faceplanted onto the floor.  At the sound of the crash, Rachel got up and looked at him.  “I’m ok!” he groaned and stood up.  He walked slowly to the table instead of running.

"Whatever he does is Onew Condition!" Tara sang.

“Oh, and Onew condition is really dangerous and contagious!!” Kris added and laughed.  "Someone told me to tell you."

“It’s not my fault I’m clumsy!!” Onew pouted and whined.

"Well, because of your clumsy, contagious condition, I ran into a door and this bird next to me ran into a pole," Tara said pointing to each at the words 'bird' and 'pole'.

“Who are you calling a bird?!” Rachel yelled at her.

"We're in a place where you eat chicken and chicken is a bird!" Tara said.

Rachel narrowed her eyes at her.  “I still don’t like being called a bird, but I’ll let it slide this one time,” she warned her roommate with a wagging finger.

Onew stared at the two girls, then back at Kris.  “Who are they?” he asked, pointing.

“That’s Rachel and Tara.  They’re roommates across the way from me and Suho,” Kris answered, introducing the two girls.

Rachel and Tara stared at Kris.  “You live with Suho?” Rachel asks.

To avoid another fangirl attack, Tara does something first.  "ONEW I HASES A QUESTION FOR YOU!!" Tara exclaimed jumping up, but her legs hit the table and she fell back down onto the seat.

"Uhummm yes?" he asked.

"WHY DO CATS LOOK LIKE THEY'RE ALWAYS SMILING?!?!" she asked.

Onew blinked in confusion.  “Uhhh...mollayo...” he said, thinking.

Tara started laughing before she started singing.  "Listen, enjoy the mayo~~"

Rachel bursted out laughing before falling out of her chair and rolling on the floor.  This caused Tara to laugh more and hit her fist against the table.  Their faces started to turn red since they weren't breathing and no sound was coming out of their mouths.  They started tearing up and crying because of how much they were laughing.  The two boys just watched them and exchanged glances with each other, most likely thinking Michisseoyo?

"U-UNNIE!  We-re tur- turning into Ch-Chanyeo-ol!" Tara said before laughing even harder.

Rachel laughed even more.  “I~~ LOST MAH PANTS~~ RIPPIDO FLIPPIDO SIPPI SLOW MOTION~~~” she sung before losing her pants even more and laughing.

"Hyung what's taking so long?" a voice asked.

The girls immediately stopped laughing and looked up at the source.  It was none other than the maknae of SHINee himself, Lee Taemin.

"Unnie, I think I really did just lose my pants," Tara said staring up at the boy.

Just then, they both started laughing.  "I see what you did there!" Rachel laughed harder.

And soon the both of them were laughing as hard as they were before Taemin walked in.  Only this time, Tara fell on the floor while banging her fists against it.  After they finally calmed down, they got back up on their chairs and wiped their remaining tears.

“Sorry about that,” Rachel apologized.  “Not a very good impression, but what Tara said was so funny!”

“I’m Tara~!” the girl announced to Taemin.  "We have the same initials!!"

“Yes, and I’m Rachel.  We live across from Kris and...Suho.”  She had to cough at the end to keep herself from going crazy again.

“We both have T.L. as our initials!!” Tara explained animatedly.

Taemin smiled cutely at Tara.  “Really?  That’s cool!”

Tara stopped and stared at his smile.  "Darn it, that would have been a perfect Facebook moment!" she said mentally slapping herself.  "Do you know why cats always look like they're smiling?" she asked.

"....Maybe because they are always smiling?" Taemin answered.

"Well, I have a cat and he growls at people, so why would be smile then?" she asked.

"Maybe it's an evil smile?  Cats are very evil actually," he says.

"Wasn't there a certain someone who was being an evil maknae?" Kris said raising his eyebrows at Tara.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said defiantly.

"Oh, jinjja?" Rachel asked, glaring at her.

"Your fault for fainting," Tara shrugged.  "And you were vulnerable!  I couldn't help it!"

"That doesn't mean you stuff a damn ice cube in my shirt!!" the older girl nearly yelled.

"I didn't stuff it.  I dropped it" Tara crossed her arms.

"Does it matter?  An ice cube still ended up in my shirt because of you," Rachel defended.

"Isn't it still there?  You never tried taking it out," Tara added.

"It melted already," Rachel replied.  "And rolling on the floor laughing must have dried it."

"Then why is there a circle on your shirt?" she asked smirking.

"Eodi?" she asked looking down, seeing a wet spot in the middle of her shirt.  "TARA I AM GONNA KILL YOU!!"

"But, I have a family!  And you will go to jail!  I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!" she fake sobbed dramatically.

Rachel facepalmed.  "You take everything so literally."

"No, I know you were joking.  I just like to make something out of it," she nodded.

The girls had completely forgot about the male idols being there until they heard laughter.  They turned their heads to see the boys who had red faces from laughing so hard.  Tara raised an eyebrow while Rachel...

"WHAT THE HELL IS SO FUNNY??!!" she screamed, echoing throughout the entire restaurant.

Tara started sliding down so that she was under the table and away from the screaming woman above.  All of a sudden a small voice from under the table was heard.  The voice was singing, "Soft kitty warm kitty."   Everyone turned toward the voice.

"What was that?" Onew asked.  The others simply shrugged.

"It was me!" Tara yelled as she tried popping up, but hit her head on the table and fell down.  "Exactly what I meant by Onew Condition!" she yelled, but all they could see was a hand above the table pointing up towards the ceiling.

"Hey, Tara, you need some help?" Rachel asked, leaning down to lift the tablecloth up.

Just then, Tara's hands started patting the table so she could climb up.  "I'm good!  But how's my hair?" she asked.

"Kind of...messy," she responded.  "Let me help you."  The older girl started smoothing out the ends of her hair.

"Isn't that sweet~?" Taemin cooed.

"Ne~~~" Onew agreed.  Kris looked at the two of them strangely.  "What?  Don't act like Suho has never done that to you or your kids!" Onew defended.

Tara blushed when she heard what Taemin had to say.

"SHE'S BLUSHING!!" Rachel exclaimed pointing at her.  "TARA BLUSHED AT TAEMIN!!"  She jumped up and down in victory.

"Oh shut up!" Tara snapped.

"Just paying back what you did to me, saengie," Rachel responded in a sweet tone.

"You're the one who ran into the pole and wore that hat," she said.

"Well, you crashed into a door that said 'pull' and got dirt on your pants and started doing a dance in the dorm lobby," the other shrugged.

"I was just trying to see my back so I could see the dirt!  NOT dance!" she defended herself.

"Well, now we're even," Rachel settled.  "Besides, what were Onew and Taemin doing here in the first place?"  Everyone's eyes went to the two boys.

It turned into an awkward silence, so Tara did the only thing she could think of.  "Why so serious?  Get your chicken!  Get your chick, get your chicken, woop woop woop woop!  Get your chicken!  Come on girls, come on boys, get your chicken!!" she belted.

Rachel blinked.  "Wow...FANTASTIC BABY!!"  She started dancing randomly in her seat.

"Oh yeah yeah!!" Tara sang from Wings.

"BOOM SHAKALAKA!" Rachel interrupted.

"Can't you see I'm singing my blue ohh oohs!" Tara started dancing too.

The three idols looked on.  "Is this a regular thing now?" Taemin asked.

"Yup," Kris asked.

"DON'T BE HATING KRIS!" Rachel yelled at him.  "CUZ I'M ONE OF A KIND~"

"It's cuz he's such a heart heart heart heart hearrrtbreaker!" Tara sang again.  "You know what I think about this?" Tara asked Rachel.

"What my dear Tara?" she asked back.

"It should be on replay replay replay~!"

"Juliette~ Oh~!!"

"I'm sorry guys but I NEED YOU AND YOU WANT ME! I just know it!" Tara joked.

Rachel started laughing again.  "EVERY EVERY EVERYDAY~~"

"WE MAKE HISTORY!" Tara said.

"Yes, we are the ones who make history, not them.  CUZ WE ARE SUPER JUNIOR, THE LAST MAN STANDING!"

"LET ME TAKE RIDE! SHIFT IT INTO DRIVE!"

"MAXSTEP, MAXSTEP, MAXSTEP!!"

"HAHHA all of my biases are in Maxstep!" Tara bragged.

"Jinjja?  Only two of my biases are, only Taemin and my Henry Mochi baby.  CUZ I'M TRAPPED, I'M TRAPPED~~  All my biases are in that one," Rachel replied.

"I was in Maxstep and in Trapped..." Taemin said.  "So I'm your bias?' he asked with puppy eyes.

"Yes!!!" Tara nearly screamed.

"Yeah, you're mine too, but Tara already kinda has dibs," Rachel explained.

"Hehehe~" Tara giggled.

"So I'm not anyone's bias?!" Onew pouted.

"Aw Onew honey oppa, it's not that we don't love you," Rachel assured him.  "It's just that your Onew Condition rubs off on everyone and they blame you for it."

"I don't know about you, BUT I FREAKING LOVE YOU ONEW YOU MY SECOND FAVORITE!!!!!!!!" Tara bursts.

"What about Key?" Rachel asks.

"They are all so even!!  But him and Jonghyun are tied," she said.

"What about EXO biases?" Kris asked with one of his eyebrows raised.

"Uhmmmm...see, the thing about EXO bias lists..." Rachel stuttered, playing with her fingers.  "They don't exactly exist.  All of you are such bias wreckers that they keep changing."

"Speak for yourself woman.  LUHAN AND KAI FOREVER!!!!!!!!!  I CALL DIBS ON THEM!!" Tara bounced.

"Well, what about you?" Kris' eye bored into Rachel's.

She gulped nervously.  "Eheehehe...  I plead the Fifth so I can't say anything!" she blurted and shut up.

"OH YOU HAVE BIASES WE KNOW IT SPIT IT OUT!" Tara said.

The blushing girl covered her face and whispered her answer so no one can hear.

"What?" Kris asked.  "I can't hear you."

"I bet you any money it's Kris, Lay and or Suho!" Tara smirked.  "After all she did blush earlier..."

"So?  That could've happened to any of the members!  Where did Lay come from?" Rachel asked.

"Just threw the name out. So..." she leaned closer. "How close was I?"

Rachel didn't say anything for a moment.  Then, she replied quickly, "Chensuhoandbaekhyun!"

"Huh!?" Tara gasped.

"Well, you wanted to know!  Now you do!  I'm going to the bathroom for a second," she got up and scurried away.

"What was that about?" Onew asked.

"Either she's embarrassed or is on her period," Tara joked.

"Really?" Kris asked.

"It's possible," Tara shrugged.

 

Rachel's Pov

I hurriedly made it to the bathroom in the back of the restaurant.  I was just about ready to pass out from the embarrassment.  At least I didn't admit who my real biases are.  No, Baek and Chen aren't my top biases, but they're definitely getting there.  Suho was true, my other two were actually Kris and Xiumin.  Yup, it would be more than awkward if Kris was sitting right there in front of me and I confessed that he was my bias.  Nope, I'm not spilling that secret just yet.

I decided to calm down.  Besides, drinking all that soda and laughing was kind of taking a toll on my bladder.  I hurried into the stall and did my business.  When I looked down into the bowl, there was red.

Oh wow I guess I came at the right time.

 

Tara's Pov

Rachel was taking a long time so I decided to go check on her.  After she left, the guys had decided to talk.  So, I excused myself to go find her.  While I was walking, I thinking about how she acted, but I pushed it off for now.  When I made it to the bathroom, I simply called out her name.  "Rachel?" I waited for a a response.

"In here..." she called from one of the stalls.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Uhm, I kinda got Mother Nature's gift just now," she responded.

"You didn't bring anything did you?" I sighed.

"Nope, I kinda rushed out and forgot."

"What do you prefer?  Pads or tampons?" I asked shaking my head.

"Tampon."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a tampon. "Here," I said, sliding it under the stall.

"Thanks," she accepted it shyly.

"It's fine," I replied.

After a few moments, she came back out.

 

Authors Pov

When the girls got back to the tables, the boys said they were ready to leave.  They paid for everyone too, even though the girls were practically begging them not to.  They even tried forcing money to them, which wasn't accepted.

When the five of them left, they started chatting more.  It turned out that the SHINee boys were staying on the 5th floor.

"That's not fair!!" Tara whined.  "I wanted a higher floor!!  We're stuck on the first floor!"

"Maybe you can come visit us sometime!" Taemin suggested excitedly.

"Yes yes yes yes!!!!" Tara said smiling brightly.

Rachel giggled.  "We'd love to!  Maybe we can meet the rest of you guys soon!  Wait!  Tara, do you think Taemin might be in the same class as us?"

"Most likely not.  He is a year older than us..." Tara said as she looked at the floor disappointedly.

"Awww," Taemin pouted.  "Oh well, we could still hang out at the dorms sometimes!"

"Yeah!!  That would be great!" Tara beamed.

"DORM PARTY~~" Onew yelled, pumping his fist in the air.

"Heck to the yes!" Rachel agreed.

"I'll see if any of the other members want to come.  I'm sure Kai would love to see his best friend again," Kris joked.

"K-Kai!" Tara stuttered.

"Yes, Dancing Machine Kai that is your K bias," Rachel tried to calm her.

"Girl how many Kai's do you know?"

"Not many, only EXO's Kai, unless you count Dragon Ball Z Kai," she admitted.

"I know.... 10 I think." Tara nodded.

"Girl with the purple hair say what now?!" Onew asked, shocked.

"Ne, majayo.  Dbzk, EXO Kai, ThE GazZeTtE Kai, the body builder, the hitch hiker, the boy group, beyblade v force, honey x honey drops, KAI the little boy on Ellen and its also a Hawaiian word.  I think that's it," she nodded.

Everyone stared at her with jaws dropped.

"Wait!  I think that there is another, but I'm missing it!" she added.  "KING KAI FROM DBZK!!" she finished.

"Oh, right!  And the Grand Kai, or was that the Grand Elder...?" Rachel thought out loud.

"You mean the old Namekian?  He's the grand elder!  He gave Gohan, Krillin, and Dendei powers to help fight" she nodded again and smiled.  "I watched all of the Freiza Saga and into Cell... So 11 Kai's" she finally finished.

"Huh," Taemin said, speechlessly.  "And here I thought my best friend was special.  I'm gonna have to break it to him.  Poor kid."

"Well, he was the only one on Weekly Idol that was though to be from Japan!" Tara smiled. "Great show that was..."

"But wouldn't anyone with the name Kai be thought to be from-" Onew started.

Rachel elbowed him in the ribs.  "That isn't exactly helping the situation."

"Either Japan or Hawaii, Onew." Tara shrugged.  "See what you can learn from a girl with purple hair?"

"I stand corrected," he frowned.

"I'm kinda an anime nerd, and sometimes Jrock" she said.

"Yup, her side of the room has posters of Jrock bands," Rachel nodded.  "She has some Kpop too though, but there's Jrock up there.

"You left out Visual Kei" she told Rachel with a expression that said 'How the hell do you know!?'.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that.  She has that too," she corrected.  She gave Tara a look that said, "I just know."

"Speaking of rooms," Taemin started.  "Key hyung said that after we went out we had to be back at the dorm for some 'major room design' and 'closet shrinking'," he rolled his eyes.

Onew shook his head.  "I love Key, but he's such a diva sometimes."

"Baekhyun caught some of that," Kris nodded.  "Where are all these Kpop divas coming from?"

"Their moms?" Tara answered.

"Maybe," Rachel shrugged.  "The world may never know."

"The world may never know how the hell my stomach turns into a wolf when I'm hungry," Tara sighed.

"The world may never know how the hell Kris managed to pass his SM audition with his terrible dancing," Rachel added as a joke.

"If you saw Beetle's Code, you would think that about Chen and Chanyeol, not the all mighty Kris," Tara joked.

"You mean Suho?  Chanyeol wasn't on Beetle's Code!"

"That's what I said!" Tara said.

"Ok, but Chanyeol's awkward tallness and clumsy Happy Virus stuff is getting in his way.  Poor ChanChan," Rachel shook her head.

"Hehe, he had elf ears" Tara giggled.

"They're cute elf ears though!" Rachel complained.

"If you ever run into him, I dare you to pull his ears," Tara laughed.

"Done!  I'll do it," Rachel nodded curtly.  "Hey, where did Taemin and Onew go?"

"They went back to their dorm while you guys were making fun of us!" Kris pouted.

"Kris, don't pout," Rachel shook her head.  "Aegyo doesn't exactly look good on you."

"Owwie my eyeball!!" Tara yelled! "Stupid long eyelashes!"

Rachel laughed.  "How did that happen?"

"How did what happen?" Tara asked.

"How did your eyelash-"

"THERE'S A SMUDGE MARK ON THE DOOR WHERE I HIT LOOK!!!" Tara yelled running to the door and pointing.

Rachel looked at Kris.  "Proof that Tara has Onew Condition Degree 5."  They caught up to the excited girl.

"CURSE YOU ONEW!!!!!!!" she yelled dropping to her knees. "I already broke my nose twice from falling."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he heard that," Kris commented.

"Did someone call me?!" they all heard.

They all looked up to see a small Onew head sticking out of a window above.  "CAREFULL YOU DON'T FALL!!  I KNOW YOU, YOU PROBABLY WILL!!!!" Tara screamed up to a laughing Onew.

"BY THE WAY, I'M SORRY FOR THE CONDITION!" he yelled down.

"NOT SORRY ENOUGH TO NOT SPREAD IT!" Rachel called up.

"NOW GO CLEAN YOUR ROOM!!!" all three of them screamed.  He stuck his head back through the window and disappeared.

"Talk about we are one," Tara laughed.

"True dat," Rachel agreed.  They all stepped back inside the lobby and pushed the button for the elevator.  When it came, Tara pushed the button to the first floor repeatedly.

"Someone's eager," Kris chuckled.

"She always does that," Rachel replied.

When the elevator stopped on the first floor, they all got out.  They found their dorms.

"Well, I guess we see each other tomorrow then?" Kris asked.

"Yup!" Tara nodded.  "Don't forget to tell everyone about the Dorm Party at the SHINee Dorm~"

"You got it!" Kris said saluting the girls.

"Alright, see you Kris!" Tara sang before the two girls walked into their room and locked it behind them.

Tara quickly kicked off her shoes and flopped down in her bed.  "This is going to be a great year," she said before playing "39GalaxyZ" by SuG.

Rachel followed suit and launched herself into her bed.  "Definitely gonna be a great year."