Introductions

Rescue

“Are you wearing makeup? My god Janice, you hate makeup!” I cried, frustrated to the point where I wanted to lie down and die.

“Hey, I want to make a good impression. Do you know what it’s like meeting someone you’ve idolised for nearly two years for the FIRST TIME?” she said defensively, crossing her arms. I sighed and led her into the café where I knew Bang Yong Guk would be waiting.

It was nine in the morning on a Saturday and already, I was not in a good mood. Maybe my daily caffeine fix could solve my pounding head and aching throat. I shot Janice the evil eye and pushed open the glass door, searching for Bang Yong Guk. He spotted us first and waving, he motioned us over. Raising an eyebrow at Janice, he glanced at me questioningly. I shrugged and gave him a look that screamed “BE NICE” and he grinned, giving me the thumbs up. Beside me, Janice had fallen silent and I turned toward her, suddenly worried she had gone into shock. Her eyes were half closed and had a tenderness in then that I had never seen before. A few droplets of tears had escaped and I brushed them off for her quickly and she nodded her thanks.

“He’s just a normal guy, remember that. There’s no need to get all emotional” I muttered softly in her ear and she nodded and as if in a trance, she floated over to the table, sitting down gracefully, all the while giving Bang and angelic smile. Bang smiled back, deciding to show his sweet side and quickly, introductions were made by me.

About to take a seat next to Janice, Bang stopped me and instead patted the chair next to his. I sighed and rolled my eyes, glancing over at Janice if she reacted to this. A smirk had replaced her previously gentle expression and she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

“Janice is a huge fan. Probably the most dedicated Baby out there” I explained to Bang and he nodded, clearly surprised that she had not been more excited.

“My bias is Himchan oppa. But you’re my second bias, Yong Guk oppa” she smiled sweetly at Bang and he grinned back, flattered. I sighed and rolled my eyes, going back to drinking my weak coffee. For now, Janice seemed fine and I left her to her own devices. Maybe this wasn’t such a bad idea after all. She had not fan-girled. Yet. But watching her now, talking and laughing with Bang Yong Guk as if he was an old friend, I highly doubted that she would do anything to embarrass herself.

Noticing my spaced out expression, Bang clicked his fingers in front of my face and I snapped my head up.

“You okay? Isn’t your coffee strong enough for you?” he asked, getting his wallet out, ready to buy me another.

“No, no. It’s fine. I just- I’m happy that we’re here as friends. Especially Janice. She’s been waiting ages to meet you” I held out my hand, placing it on his arm and managed to keep him in his seat. He raised his eyebrows at me, not entirely convinced but smiled anyway. Beside me, Janice snorted into her coffee and we both turned to her, me annoyed and Bang confused. I knew what she was thinking, but he did not. I narrowed my eyes in warning at her and she immediately stopped, forcing a serious expression onto her face.

After more than an hour of chatting and light hearted banter, we finally made our way back to our dorm, Janice preparing for a day out and me preparing for my visual arts lecture.

“He totally likes you” Janice said out of the blue, breaking the comfortable silence between us as we relaxed on a bench outside the park. I cracked open one eye that I had closed toward the morning sun, soaking in its rays, and snorted.

“Yeah right. He’s known me, what, two days?” I answered, knowing that she would’ve brought this up eventually.

“And also, shouldn’t it be the other way round? I was expecting you to say he totally likes you” I said again, making her flush.

“He may be my second favourite and yes I do admit I am a little bit jealous, but he so obviously likes you. Anyone would be able to see that” she retorted, still blushing an adorable shade of rose pink.

I rolled my eyes and let the subject go for now. I knew for a fact that an international star like him would never go for a girl like me, who only had one dream. And that was to work for a newspaper as a journalist. It had nothing to do with his big talent industry crap.

Janice, also sighing, stood up and cocked her head, gesturing for me to follow. It was almost as if she had given up all hope on me. I rolled my eyes and standing up, I hooked an arm through hers. Together, we walked along, laughing and talking about anything and nothing and none of us mentioned Bang Yong Guk. It was just like the old times before I had met Bang, before all of this started, whatever this was. 

 

so it's another short chapter but i PROMISE the next one will be MUCH MUCH longer and this is NOT  a lie

anyway thanks for the views and keep voting for me! 

what do you think? i reckon Bang will end up with her *wink wink nudge nudge* 

fighting!