CHAPTER 7: CHOICES

BE MINE...AGAIN

 

 

 

 

3rd June, Nowon-gu, 0830

Carpenters construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures made from wood and other materials. Carpenters are involved in many different kinds of construction, from the building of highways and bridges to the installation of kitchen cabinets.

Lee Teuk hated that definition because it made carpenter sounded like a regular labor. He preferred to define himself as an artist. And he contented with what he got now. Although, there`s not so much things occupied his rectangle-shaped workshop.

There are three medium sized shelves on the right corner of the room, partly occupied with various wooden sculptures and replicas (Most of them being labeled as Lee Teuk`s failed experiments). There is one more shelf on the left side-the bigger one-filled with variety of tools and instruments that being used by him to measure and shape his works ; chisels, planes, saws, drills, sanders, nails, screws, staples, adhesives ( You named it). There is one cutting machine being placed on the left corner, next to the fireplace. There are a mess of cupboards, wooden blocks and drywalls located next to the wide windows.

And there is Lee Teuk sat quietly in the little workshop.

Legs crossed. Fingers tapping on the table. Pencil tight between the teeth. Eyes stinging behind a pair of Levi`s glasses. Dark brown orbs gazed the white paper and the big squared wooden block alternately.

Really, Leeeteuk stayed like that for almost an hour right now. Still, his right brain had been blocked from giving him any ideas. The one that creative enough to satisfy his current client.

“Weeding anniversary definitely a harsh theme,” he muttered.

*thud*

Lee Teuk turned his head at the source of the sudden interference- there, at the door, a limping HyunSeung entering slowly while rubbing his knee, ignoring the fact that he just knocked a nearby stool down.

“You alright? How`s your leg?”

“Just fine. Dr. Heechul should not plastered my leg at the first place, it`s not that bad.” HyunSeung dragged the black plastics stool he just knocked down earlier and launched himself on it, in front the older. It kind of strange, HyunSeung thought, having a plastic products surrounded by the woody one.

Lee Teuk let out a small laugh, messing with HyunSeung`s silky hair. “You`re kidding, right? It may be not broken, but, your bones was injured enough to make you suffering for two months if Heechul didn`t do that.”

Silent hovering over them for a few moments before HyunSeung murmured,

“I`m sorry.”

Lee Teuk shifted his attention from the sketch on the paper and jerked his right eye brow.

“What with the apology?”

HyunSeung`s teeth clenched onto his lips, “Last night…” hard. “…I messed up again, didn`t I?”

“Why you took me home?”

“Why you taking care of a total stranger that got amnesia so much like your own brother?”

“Your brother-Last night, how he react when he learnt about me?”

HyunSeung wanted to ask all those questions, but, he can`t. He can, actually, but he`s not that brave enough.

Lee Teuk looked straight at the young man, waiting for him to say more. But, if HyunSeung want to blubber out about how he was just a burden to him and why Lee Teuk took him home at the first place, Lee Teuk afraid he can`t answer that.

The carpenter`s lips curved into a smile. He patted HyunSeung`s back softly.

“It`s okay, HyunSeung-ah. Really.”

HyunSeung`s eyes finally meet Lee Teuk`s. His teary eyes were obvious but, the sweet smile forming on his beautiful face washed away the sorrow atmosphere. They stayed like that for a while, before the sound of harsh knock echoed across the small workshop.

Leaning against the grey door frame, Lee Joon wore an annoyed, vexed face. He glared at HyunSeung slightly before began with a stern voice,

“Hyung, we need to talk.”

Lee Teuk`s expression unchanged, knew this will come, sooner or later.

“Of course,” he signaled Lee Joon to sit next to HyunSeung. HyunSeung on the hand, starting to argue with himself, whether he should leave right now. Especially he when realized that Lee Teuk`s brother continued to stare at him.

“Alone.” Lee Joon sounded more annoyed than ever.

Lee Teuk exchanged glances with HyunSeung and before he could protest, HyunSeung stand up quickly, assuring the older by saying ‘I`m okay’ before walked toward the door.

Facing Lee Joon, he tried to greet him with a smile but his intention was washed away by the blonde`s stiff face.

“Why you let him stay here?” Lee Joon wasted no time when the door closed behind him.

His hyung moved his chair, facing Lee Joon. “I thought we been through this last night.”

Lee Joon chuckled, almost mockingly. “You mean how you saved him and then you feeling like keeping him to yourself after fall for him?”

Lee Teuk glared- the action he did not miss even once whenever he having a conversation with his half-brother. “Watch your words.”

“I AM!!”

Lee Joon startled a bit, shocked at his own words. He never this angry toward Lee Teuk and judging on Lee Teuk`s expression, Lee Joon knew he was just as surprised as himself.

“…”

“…”

“Hyung, do you know what you have done? HyunSeung is no ordinary citizen like you. He is an idol. A celebrity. Can`t you think how his family and band mates will take this? Hyung, he`s already-“

Lee Joon cut himself there.

Married to Yong JunHyung.

Don`t knows why, Lee Joon didn`t dare himself to announce that. He felt a sudden solid sharp feeling being jabbed into his heart. Jealousy? Lee Joon clenched his knuckles. Hard.

“…”

“Already?”

“…”

“Joonie, the thing is-“

“I`m going to tell them. “ Lee Joon said half-heartily.

Lee Teuk got up from his seat. The chair scrapping the hardwood floor before it fell abruptly. His face turned pale. Even paler than Lee Joon can remember.

No. This is not the time yet.

“No. Not yet. You can`t! He still needs his treatment!” Lee Teuk yelled before grabbed his half-brother`s left hand, prevented Lee Joon from twisting the doorknob open.

“HYUNG!! THEY CAN CHARGE YOU FOR KIDNAPPING HYUNSEUNG!!” Lee Joon let out his anger. Did some kind of alien abducted his brother and then impersonated him?

Lee Teuk`s eyes met Lee Joon`s but the younger try to avoid it.

“No, Joonie. We must wait.” He muttered. “Please.”

“HYUNG!!” Lee Joon was beyond shock. He yanked his hand, released it from Lee Teuk`s hold. The sharp feeling started to grow even stronger. Jealousy again?

Suddenly, a small laugh escaped from the blonde. What`s wrong with me? What wrong with hyung?

Lee Joon bit his lips.

“Hyung,” he drawled. “You barely talk to me whenever I came here. And now, here you are, begging me to let that man staying here.”

“I-,” Lee Teuk loss words to say anything. He gasped when saw Lee Joon`s eyes. “Joonie,”

Lee Joon bit his lips harder. “Tomorrow,” he continued, ignoring the salty water that started to form. “You`ll tell the police or I`m going to tell them myself.”

With that, he slammed the door hard.

“God…” Lee Teuk face palmed. But then, his eyes widen.

 Without any hesitancy, he reached him cell and began to search trough his contact number. Found what he searching for, he pushed the green button.

After a few rings, someone answered.

“Eunhyuk! It` me. Is Donghae with you now?” He rubbed his temples. “I need you two to search something for me.”

 

 

***

 

Seoul.

 

GiKwang had walking everywhere, wandered around at the Seoul Police Department`s main lobby. , he should pay more attention to his surrounding when they came here last time.

GiKwang tried his best to ignore the tiredness he yearned from his latest drama shooting that started from 3am last night and just ended 2 hours ago. Rubbing his temples, he squinted, trying to read every board section that his eyes caught. He refused to ask people because he was too tired to mouth any question.

Finally, at the end of the dark blue hallway, his view glimpsed a metal sign that said: RESCUE OPERATION DEPARTMENT, where GiKwang clearly remembered that Kangin officer was working.

GiKwang walked faster and opened the door. When his eyes just swapping through the surprisingly quiet office, a face appeared; distorted by the red swollen eyes. It was Yang YoSeop.

“GiKwang!” YoSeop big hand grasped GiKwang`s shoulder before gave him a bone-crushing squeeze. YoSeop wore the same clothes he wore last night and an exciting expression being plastered on his baby-like face. A face that GiKwang can`t find on him in this couple of weeks.

“H-How HyunSeung?”GiKwang tried to release himself. Judging on YoSeop`s mood, something good should happened.

“They, they found him. GIKWANG! THEY FOUND HIM!! THEY FOUND SEUNGIE!! HE`S NOT DEAD!!”

YoSeop`s face emitted an abundance amount of happiness`s rays. So much that GiKwang had to calm him a little.

“Okay, okay. That`s was great, where is he?”

“Not so fast, guys,”

GiKwang tilted his head over the boy`s shoulder, and DuJun appeared, his face contrasted with the one YoSeop`s was wearing.

The leader sighed, ignoring the glare that the main vocal sent him. “YoSeop, we must discuss this thing first.”

 

 

+++

 

After a fair two cups of hot espresso, GiKwang re-collected all the information his brain just took.

Ok.

First, HyunSeung was safe and sound. Gee, that`s not the correct term to describe it. First, HyunSeung was safe but he was not unhurt. According to DuJun: according to Captain Kangin, HyunSeung experienced amnesia. That`s means he remember none of us, right?

Second, we can`t meet him because his was still on his treatment. According to that officer again: according to HyunSeung`s doctor, if HyunSeung heard or saw anything that mean something very important to him, he will experience pain and headache. The doctor assumed that his body and brain still cannot accept and cooperate with his willingness to remember things. Or, something similar to that, right? Right! What the heck??!!

Third, where`s their maknae?

GiKwang sat quietly. He showed no effort at all to hide his confused face.

“GiKwang,”

GiKwang snapped. His brown orbs trained DuJun`s.

“What do you think?”DuJun asked him again. “Should we meet him now?

“I-“

“Of course!!” YoSeop interrupted suddenly, earning another glare from the leader.

“Seobie, you do know damn well what will happen if we, especially you, meet HyunSeung! If you meet him, the one that will hurt the most is you!” DuJun biting back his groan, trying the best he can to sound calm. But with the firm, loud voices, GiKwang assumed he failed.

GiKwang attempted to slow down the tense atmosphere between those two. The cool breeze from the air-conditioner unable to prevent the sweat from forming on GiKwang`s forehead.

DuJun seldom get angry, but when he does, he REALLY gets angry. And YoSeop, let just say, anything related to his cousin, he will place his wisdom behind.

“Yah, Yoon DuJun! He is my cousin for God sake!! He had no relatives other than me and my parent! And yet, you want us to wait??!! My mother was sick, worrying about him!”

In no time, GiKwang jutted out his hand, holding YoSeop`s shoulder, “Yoseobie, calm down,”

“I`m just worry about you!!” DuJun spat out. Anger started to seep into his veins.

“DuJun!” GiKwang attempted to warn DuJun. Angry DuJun and furious YoSeop are very bad combination. And again, where is their maknae?

“You know what, I`m not going to listen to you this time! Kim DoongbookHospital, HyunSeung was there isn`t? I`ll go there right now!”

YoSeop squirmed, letting himself free from GiKwang`s hold. He dashed out from the waiting room, twisted the door knob, only to bump onto DongWoon (freshly out from the rest room).

“Hyung, what happened here? I ran into JunHyung-hyung just now. He looks somehow frantic.”

A startled silence followed the maknae`s quote. 

Great, just great, GiKwang thought. Missing Hyunseung and obsessed JunHyung. Now, that`s what I called a VERY bad combination.

 

***

 

 

*Plop*

Lee Joon`s sight moved slightly up, before went down, together with the irregular round stone he just dropped into the flowing river. The stone sank down without a splash. He took another stone.

*Plop*

This one gone with louder effect. Unconsciously, he took another. Meanwhile, a part of his witting mind trying to figure out a way to break the news about HyunSeung to the other, namely the Beast boys, and more specifically, Yong JunHyung.

He should do it, shouldn`t he? But, the image of spiritless HyunSeung last night made him had second thought. He groaned, projected out his hand, seeking for another stone.

“Here,”

The sudden voice made Lee Joon clutched his fist onto his chest.

“Sorry, I didn`t mean to scare you,” the voice vocalized again and Lee Joon did not surprise when his eyes met HyunSeung. The black haired man presented him with a sweet smile and a tray of full of something.

What now?

Without waiting Lee Joon`s approval, HyunSeung sat next to him. With the smile never leave him face, the younger jutted out the tray toward Lee Joon. Examine the tray, Lee Joon`s stomach can`t help to let out a small growling noise. A steaming chicken porridge and syrup-topping French toasts maybe nothing much, but then, he ate nothing since yesterday`s evening.

“Please eat this. This is nothing, but you still not having your breakfast, right?” HyunSeung said without met Lee Joon`s eyes.

Lee Joon was thinking to accept the breakfast straight away, but when he glimpsed a familiar platinum ring around the man`s ring finger, he declined.

“I`m not hungry,” he simply replied before pull out an irritated face. Damn, he thought before throw away another stone randomly into the river. Then, from the corner of his eyes, his eyes caught HyunSeung that was sitting next to him, on the wooden bench. The smile still lit up his face while he now was filling up the glass he brought together earlier with milk.

“I said I`m not hungry,” Lee Joon reiterated. Louder this time. Strange enough for Lee Joon, HyunSeung seemed had heard nothing when he placed the glass full of milk on the wooden table in front of them, next to the tray of food.

Lee Joon stared blankly at the breakfast in front of him. He turned to HyunSeung. Did you hear what I just said?

“Eat,” HyunSeung said firmly.

Gosh, you really are stubborn, aren`t you?

 

***

 

South-East Highway.

JunHyung ran a hand through his messy brown wavy hair. He tighten his hold on the car`s steering, afraid to lose control of his shaking body. He knew his mind was all awry now. Fear, anxious, happy, and nervous.  A bit of everything.

Seungie, you were still alive!! Seungie was not dead!!

He peeking the GPRS on his dashboard.  There`re still 5 kilometers to go before he`ll reach Nowon-gu. God, he should ask T.O.P to buy them a helicopter as their weeding present two years ago.

A loud tinny sound escaped from JunHyung`s cell. He glanced over the new message from his manager.

 

FROM: YongBook-hyung

JunHyung, where r u? Don`t you know you have meeting with the production this morning?

Come back! Let DuJun handle it!

 

Damn! The meeting! There`s no way I`ll go there!

Then, from the right side of the highway, he noticed a wide big board that said: Welcome to Nowon-gu.

JunHyung `s heart started to beat oddly.

 Seungie!

 

 

 

 

***

 

“Wow,”

Lee Joon can`t help it but to let that small praise escaping from his lips. Amazed at how the stone bounced three times before plopped into the running water. He placed the spoon he was holding and began clapping soundlessly.

HyunSeung grinned satisfyingly at him, felt content with the claps, Lee Joon assumed. He watched as the slender body bent a little to the left as HyunSeung stretching his hands up.

Lee Joon hesitated a bit before asked, “W-who teach you that?” His voice low, afraid that it may gave wrong signal to the younger one. Yes, he ate the breakfasts HyunSeung made, but, that doesn`t mean he ready to share a proper friendly conversation. The random question was only a way of him to say sorry for his harsh behavior a few minutes ago.

HyunSeung throw another stone. This one smaller than the first one and surprisingly, the stone leaped four times, followed by a ‘plop’ sound.

Lee Joon truly awed this time. “Where you learnt that?”

HyunSeung took a seat next to Lee Joon, leaning against the warm wood.

“Junnie taught me!”

For a second Lee Joon thought he heard wrong. “W-What did you just said?”

“Huh?” HyunSeung tilted his head. “Yeah, right, I don`t know. What did I said just now?”

“N-Nothing,” Lee Joon tried to muster a smile. He curved his lips upwardly as he keeping an eye on HyunSeung watching the scenery in front of them. His view landed on HyunSeung`s side profile and suddenly…suddenly, his smile faded.

His eyes.

Glimmering deer-like orbs, and long straight eyelashes, Lee Joon can`t believe he `s staring again at those after all this years.

Beautiful. Everything is beautiful.

His pinky inviting lips, currently humming something that pleasant to Lee Joon`s ears. His perfect cute nose, twitching periodically as he inhaled the cool morning breeze. His smooth-looking fairly skin, his right dimple, his silky black veils, his-

“Lee Joon-shii,” HyunSeung turned his head to face Lee Joon, all of a sudden.

Lee Joon was too startled to cover up his action and felt like his body betraying him as he knew how wide his eyes now.

“W-what?” surprisingly Lee Joon went on calmly although the pounding of his heartbeats against his ribcage so hard right now, driving him crazy.

The doe eyes`s attention were solely at him now. Does he know I was peeking on him?

HyunSeung`s expression was all blank.

“Lee Joon-shii, have me met before?”

 

 

TBC~~~

 

A/N: Writer`s block is such a b***h. GAHHHHHH!!!! I`m really sorry for the very2 late update. T^T.

Currently, I`m working on a Junseung one-shot that I hope to calm all of you down before I give you the Junseob chapter in Appa Will Never Allowed to Get Married THE SERIES. Kekekeke…