CHAPTER 6: ENDING OF THE BEGINNING.

BE MINE...AGAIN

 

2nd June, Seoul

 

Kangin stared unhappily at his evening Starbucks.  The trouble, of course, was the conversation he had with Heechul last night.

“It`s all up to you Kangin-shii, whether you want to inform the boys or not. Especially Yong Junhyung.”

Kangin thought. Then he thought some more. His eyes drifted over to that morning`s Seoul Times, which reposed in the wastepaper basket by his desk. It went to show how damned distracted he was that, for the first time he could remember, he made mistake in filling out the crossword puzzle.

“What do you mean by that, Heechul-shii? They will meet, sooner or later, right?”

He pulled the paper out of the basket and glared at the puzzle. Tiny eraser crumbs still adhered to the page. In Kangin`s head, the cogs were continuing to turn.

“What I mean is, this is no ordinary amnesia case. I`m just want you to remind the boys that the consequence they might experience may be worse from what they expected.”

To erase was to take something away. But, when we did so, didn`t we always end up adding something new, too?

“I`m just saying this so the boys can mentally prepare themselves for the worst.”

Kangin flipped the paper to entertainment section. There, with large New Times Roman font, printed

 

__________________________________________________________________________

NO BEAST COMEBACK FOR NEXT MONTH??

________________________________________________________________________

 

Kangin read the column headline. Then he read again. A heavy sigh escaped from him. I should just do my job, shouldn`t I?

“Sungmin-shii,” he called out, dropping the paper again.

“Yes, Captain,” Sungmin said, turned his attention from his desktop.

“Call the Beast boys, except Yong Junhyung. Leave him to me.”

“Right away.” His assistant replied obediently.

Kangin then reached for the telephone; he needed to have a word with Beast. He had not moved from his seat in hours. But he was closing in.

 

***

 

Yong Junhyung pushed the ‘START’ button of his automatic washing machine before heading back to the kitchen. Checking his spaghetti`s sauce, after ensured it boiled, he stirred the sauce with a long wooden spoon before set down the heat on low.  The kitchen was pretty big for two people living together, with shiny black counter and white cabinets.  Plus, a little bar with three red stools and a wooden rack filled with beers, wines and energy drinks had made the wide right section of the house that he and Hyunseung bought two years ago more occupied than it should be.

Two years already, huh?

It seems like only yesterday, when he carried Hyunseung bridal style entering their house for the first time, three hours after their extravaganza secret weeding reception. Sipping red wine and singing crazy old songs before fell asleep next to each other shoulder and head on this big orange sofa, the one Junhyung sitting right now.

Yeah, and it seem like yesterday when the next morning after that, Hyunseung almost burned their new kitchen while trying to cook pasta.

Junhyung smiled a little.

Time flied so fast. Yesterday was the second year of their wedding anniversary and instead of celebrating it together with their comrades at Blue Star Club, just like last year, Junhyung spend his time yesterday at the Seoul Police Station, accept nothing latest updates about the operation on finding his Seungie other than Seungie`s wallet. Kangin stated that they found it not far from the location their discovered the tree replica.

A familiar awaiting smell intruded Junhyung`s nose, signaling the mushrooms soup he made was cooked. He swayed on his feet when his iPhone buzzed. And don`t know why, Junhyung`s heart skip a beat.

 

***

Nowon-gu

Ga-In had just taken the lift down from the maternal ward and was trying to orientate herself into the big hallway when the young doctor catch a familiar sound of steps, or she could say a familiar sound of wooden slipper collided with the tiled floor. A sound that usually made her gave a particular man a death glare every time their eyes meet. But, not this time, she got something to talk to him.

 “Leeteuk-shii!!”

That long red jacket-wearer turned his head before gave out a heavy sigh. Come on, not again. Hyunseung could get up any time soon.

“Ga-In, if you want to complain…

“It`s about Yu Jin.” Ga-In went on. Her serious face shaded with worry.

Leeteuk closed his eyes briefly. “Isn`t she already returned to Busan?”

Ga-In shook his head, “She run away from home. She currently at my house. Leeteuk-shii, the thing is--“

The man raised his right hand and took a peek at his watch. Damn, it`s already 6 o`clock.

“Ga-In, how should I say this…  Yu Jin and me, our relationship is nothing more than a one-night-stand. I know this, she know it too. Everybody does. So, I hope you do the same.” Leeteuk looked at his watch again.

“Sorry, I have some urgent to do. We speak later, ok?” Without waiting any reply, Leeteuk turned his back on Ga-In, ignoring the woman`s stiffed face.

“Leeteuk-shii, you were joking, right?”She said. Her voice firm.

The wooden slippers stopped from stepping forward. Leeteuk bite his lips. Hard.

“No, I`m not.”

 

 

***

 

Hyunseung opened his eyes. He found himself sat with the rest of the practice room audience, feeling unusually excited and nervous. He dressed in black T-shirt with ‘MOSCOW’ printing on it, and skinny dark blue jeans.

He looked up. In front of him and the others, there`s a man with stripped bandana around his neck, rapping.

He`s good.

 Also, he noticed three men were sitting on a chairs continuously observing and writing something.

Although Hyunseung can`t take his eyes of that rapper, he consciously felt a little anxious and insecure. And then, at that very moment, someone grabbed his hand, squeezed it. That made he jumped a bit.

“Seungie, are you scared? You are not nervous aren’t you?”

Hyunseung `s orbs met some stranger with big, round puppy eyes and small face. And cute lips that stretched into a smile. He felt the grip became tighter.

Who are you?

“Everything going to be alright. If we doing fine in this audition, we were one step closer from Jiyong-hyung.”The stranger said.

Again. Who?

Suddenly a huge noise collided with Hyunseung`s eardrums. The rapper`s finishing was greeted with huge applause. And, Hyunseung thought he imagined this but the rapper appeared to stare at him when he joined the audience. Then, one of the three men got up,

“Next, Yang Yoseop!”He announced.

“That`s me.” The stranger that been holding Hyunseung`s hand shifts back on his heels, patted his back softly. And then he…

……

…..

Hyunseung opened his eyes again. He was sitting blankly on the brown leather couch, soaked himself beneath a thin blanket, staring down at the sight upon him. It was Thursday evening, two days after Hyunseung came into Leeteuk`s house. The yellow and red lights of the sky seemed to be flickering, and Hyunseung could see plumes of smoke rising from the chimneys of Leeteuk`s workshop, located next to the moderately big house. Just a few meters from the small workshop, a small river flowed dark, mirroring the sky above.

“Strange dream,” he thought.

Maybe he should talk to Dr. Heechul about this.Over the past couples of days, he and Dr.Heechul and Ryeowook-hyung and Leeteuk-hyung had spent a lot of time talking. Hyunseung confessed, when he woke up from the sleep due to the tranquilizer, with a warm band of metal around his finger, he still kind of shocked. And scared. Because, every time he saw the platinum ring, his mind started to hum a strange sound. Kind of voice of someone.

The most depressing part is that, he can`t even remember whose that voice belong to. Hyunseung felt gloomy, wondering why this issue seems to bother him a lot when he had no regret not remember any other things at all, other than his name, Jang Hyunseung.

Yes. His name. Jang Hyunseung. Then, who is Junhyung? All the three man looking at each other before shrugged their shoulder, not knowing every thing. Or pretend to. Hyunseung are not stupid. He knew that Junhyung guy mean something to him.

Hyunseung pulled the blanket closer, felt blood rushing through his face. He smiled unconsciously. Junhyung. How he love that name very much. It is like the name had been permanently tattooed in his mind and soul.

Crickets started to lend Hyunseung a pleasant lull, and Hyunseung still sitting on the couch, at the balcony. He murmured a little, “Where Leeteuk-hyung?”

As Hyunseung turned around over his shoulder, attempted to take a look at the clock in the living room inside, a jeep approached the house entrance. Hyunseung saw the vesicle parked near the gate. He saw someone pulled up behind it and passed the gate, pass the magnolia planted near to the golden-colored gate. Above him, the moon hung in the sky.

A man. Hyunseung saw a man. A blonde bathed in silvery light. The man looked up.

“……”

“……”

For the longest moment, their eyes held each other. The blonde seemed frozen in place. Finally, Hyunseung looked away. His eyes tried to focus on the hanging clock once again. He scrubbed the back of his neck, completely uncomfortable.

“I-You…Do you want to see Leeteuk-hyung? He-“

“JANG HYUNSEUNG…WHAT THE—WHY YOU WERE HERE?”

 The man suddenly dashed forward, grabbing Hyunseung`s fragile shoulder all of a sudden. Hyunseung twitched a bit.

“Why—you…”

“JANG HYUNSEUNG,” the man voice out the name once again. Louder. “ARE YOU REALYY JANG HYUNSEUNG??!  FROM BEAST??!”

“Y—Ha??” Hyunseung found a little confused.

 Beast?

Suddenly the dream he just had overflowed into his mind, slowly but surely. The ambition, the audition, the…

First meet.

Hyunseung`s knees started to tremble. So hard and like a distant echo, the voices of the stranger returned to him. The sweet, friendly sound.

But then, Hyunseung knew he began to look sick since the blonde were now giving him that look. The confused yet anxious look. The look that he always received nowadays whenever he had therapy with the three hyungs.

A wave of dizziness overtook him. His memory of where he had sited the dream, their dream, was indelible, once upon a time —and yet all he could see were a face of a blonde stranger that began to fade away.

Nothing.

In a daze of incomprehension, he sank to his knees on the cold, wooden floor. Almost. Because he felt a pair of strong grip grabbed his arms.

“Hyunseung, are you OK??!!”

Hyunseung heard the man said.  

“LEE JOON!!! STOP!!!”

 

***

 

Lee Joon tightened his grip on almost-fainted Hyunseung when he heard a loud familiar voice screaming at him.

“What the hell you thinking you were doing?”

“……..

Leeteuk-hyung,”

 

 

 

TBC~~~

 

 

A/N : Shorter than usual I know, It supposed to br like that. Sorry. I should post this at LJ first but WAE????!!!! I CAN`T ACCESS IT???!!!!

Anyway, hope u enjoy it coz it contain no angst, THANKS A LOT FOR ALL UR COMMENTS...^^

LUV YA...PEACE!!