Unity

Love At Sea

 

I'm back ^^ Hopefully you guys still remember the previous chapter ^^;;

Read the previous chapter if you don't recall what's happening ^^

 

---

                        Jessica stared at Tiffany in disbelief. As soon as Tiffany said that two-letter word, nothing can probably ever be the same again. I was still lying down on the floor, watching the heavy atmosphere drop on both of them. I felt helpless since I couldn’t do anything to help Tiffany with the intense conversation she’s about to have.

 

 

“What?” Jessica said, lowering her gun on Yuri and turned to Tiffany fully.

 

“C’mon.” Yuri’s voice rung in my ears as she helped me up and I stood by on the side, watching the scene while Yuri ran down the stairs to stop the battle.

 

Tiffany’s expression was mixed with fright and nervousness. I wish I could do something. “I-I can’t kill her, Sica…” She admitted, giving a slight sigh.

 

“And why can’t you? You’ve been fighting for a year and now’s your chance to end this tiring battle…then you say that you can’t kill her? Tiffany, are you out of your mind?!” Jessica said, raising her voice.

 

“I just can’t…”

 

“And why can’t you?”

 

A long pause took over. I held my own breath, waiting for Tiffany to spill out the truth and reveal everything at once. She glanced at me before turning back to her step-sister, declaring, “I…I’m in love with her. We’re in love with each other, Sica.”

 

At that moment, it felt like the world started revolving the other way around. And I felt so anxious, after all, from all the things that Tiffany has told me about her, I wouldn’t be surprised if she shot me in the leg right now. But I don’t really know the person, so whatever she’ll do next is unpredictable.

 

Did she pull out her sword?—No.

 

Did she start throwing a fit?—No.

 

Instead, she glanced at me and Tiffany with a look of being betrayed and walked away after mumbling, “I’ll be in the ship.”

 

I loosened my grip on the wooden barrier I was leaning on as I felt her presence slowly vanish. Tiffany turned to me, looking like she was about to cry. I sighed and walked towards her, grabbing her hand to give it an assuring squeeze. “It’s gonna be okay.” She nodded, looking at me as she bit her lips in worry.

 

~~~

 

            Tiffany insisted that we both come ashore for the meantime. She wanted to speak to Jessica in private… that appeared to be everyone staying on the ship and the two of them talk on the beach. I made Yoona put The Atlantic Compass right next to Tiffany’s Poseidon’s Gem, leaving the ships on shore.

 

“What happens now?” Yuri asked as she came from the main deck to give the orders for the meantime. I shrugged. Even I don’t know what happens now.

 

We both walked to the bridge, leaning against the railings for a view of the island. And right then, I saw Tiffany walking across the beach with Jessica behind her. They finally stopped when they reached a distance from our ships. I tried to make out what the situation was but I wasn’t near enough to see their faces. But it seemed like a pretty tense conversation…at one point, they were typically screaming and shouting at each other.

 

I wish I could be there to comfort Tiffany…

 

I sighed, forced to just watch everything. “Her first mate seems to be so protective of her.” Yuri commented, watching them with me. I nodded.

 

“They’re step-sisters.”

 

“Wow…”

 

I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me face Yuri with a confused expression. She was smiling at me widely, as if she was congratulating me for something. “She must love you a lot, friend. Hold on to her.” With that, she walked away.

 

I sighed, shaking my head at the kkab’s sudden words.

 

I turned back to continue watching them but I only saw Jessica standing there with Tiffany nowhere in sight. “Boo!” A voice exclaimed and slightly pushed me from the back. I squealed a bit before turning to the person who did this.

 

She giggled, showing an adorable eye-smile. “Scaredy-cat.” She whispered, sticking out her tongue playfully.

 

“W-What are you doing here? Did you just leave her out there?”

 

“No, of course not.” She laughed. “C’mon.”  She smiled and grabbed my hand, suddenly pulling me to the ladder, down to the beach.

 

I had no idea what she was up to or what was the situation but judging by that smile and cheerful aura, I wasn’t worried.

 

We jogged towards Jessica, who was probably waiting for Tiffany to return. I saw the calm expression on her face, arms folded and legs firm on the ground. I gulped.

 

I turned to Tiffany for a hint on what should I do and she just squeezed my hand before letting it go completely then stood on the side, between Jessica and I. Her eyes carefully inspected me, sending a bit of a shiver down my spine but finally, I was relieved when she showed a small smile. “So you’re gonna be taking care of my little sister for the meantime, yes?”

 

I nodded stiffly, completely nervous about this conversation. “Are you sure? I mean, that’s not a pretty picture in the morning, you know?” Jessica joked.

 

“Sis!” Tiffany scolded.

 

“I’m joking, calm down.” I couldn’t help but smile at the sisterly bond they had together. “I’m sorry for my behavior earlier; it was just too much of a shock as all.” She mumbled, showing a full smile to me for the first time. “But after Tiffany and I talked, I realized that my sister knows what she’s doing.” She continued, glancing at both of us. Tiffany smiled at me, giving me a bit of a boost. Jessica took her hand out, saying, “Take care of my sister, okay?” I nodded, putting my hand in hers and shook on it, symbolizing a truce. And suddenly, she gripped it so tightly, I felt like my bones were gonna crack.

 

I ended up kneeling on the ground because of the pain. “But if you crush my sister’s heart, I’m not letting it go easily.” She stated with a smile that scared the living daylights out of me. I just quickly nodded, not handling the pain any longer. “Good.”

 

Once we both retracted our hands, I felt this weight lift from my heart. Everything is gonna be alright. Nothing can get in the way of our relationship anymore.

 

Tiffany jumped in her place with a squeal and bright smile then ran towards me, giving me a quick hug. I chuckled at the hyper girl in my arms, hugging her back. When I looked back at Jessica, she was smiling at us in delight.

 

~~~

 

            Tiffany and I both tried to board on our ships again, wanting to announce our relationship to our crews but our First mates insisted that we should spend some time alone together. We tried to resist but they just prevented us from climbing back on the ladders. No amount of blackmailing could get them to step away.

 

“But Yuri—“

 

“Nope, Taeyeon. Just go spend some time with your girlfriend.”

 

“Sica!!” Tiffany screamed a few meters away from me. I turned to them and found the two to be arguing like little kids. Tiffany was stomping and pouting, even trying to run past her but Jessica just kept carrying Tiffany back to her original spot. I laughed slightly, those two are closer than I thought.

 

“See. You want to be with her. Just go on, I’ll be in command. Nothing bad will happen.” Yuri persisted, turning me around and started pushing me.

 

~~~

 

            After a few more attempts in trying to get back on our ships, we just gave up and decided to take a stroll around. It’s not like we had a choice though…neither did I mind to spend a bit more time with Tiffany. I have to admit, our first mates know what they’re doing.

 

“So what do you think of my sister?” Tiffany grinned cheekily as soon as we were out of sight from our ship.

 

I instantly heaved a sigh, hearing her question. “Do I have to answer?” She giggled.

 

“Yes you do.” A light hit on my arm followed after her reply.

 

“Let’s just say I’m happy that my soul can still stand.” I mumbled, placing my hand on my chest, pretending to feel my soul. Tiffany laughed and nudged her shoulder with mine.

 

“She isn’t that bad. She’ll grow on you, I swear.”

 

“I hope so. I mean…is she really that strong? My knuckles are kinda damaged.” I exaggerated, clenching my fist.

 

“You’re such a baby.” I turned to her, appalled.

 

“Who are you calling a baby, Tiffany Hwang?” She stuck her tongue out and pointed at me. “I’ll teach you who to call a baby, Fany-ah!” I announced and tackled her, poking her sides, making both of us drop on the sand.

 

She squealed and started giggling. “Y-Yah! Kim Taeyeon…stop that!” She managed to say between her fit of giggles.

 

“Take it back then.” I smirked and continued tickling her.

 

“N-Never!” She replied, still giggling.

 

“Have it your way!” I sat on her, my back facing hers and took off her shoes before scratching the bottom of her feet, earning various squeals and giggles.

 

“Y-Yah!! S-Stop! Please!” She begged, still giggling.

 

“Take it back, Hwang!” I grinned, continuously scratching her feet.

 

“I-I…take it…back!” She shouted, making me stop. I put down her feet and turned towards her with a victorious smile.

 

She panted vigorously, grinning at me. “You’re such a bully, Taengoo-yah.” She whined. I laughed and stretched my legs and arms, hovering on top of her.

 

I leaned so close until our breaths could be felt and whispered, “You started it.” I smiled. She chuckled just as she regained her breath and used her right arm—that was stretched upwards—to tap my nose lightly.

 

“Still mean.” She whispered, showing a set of bright teeth.

 

“Fine. I won’t do it again.” I gave in. “It was funny to see you giggling so helplessly like that.” She looked away, suddenly showing embarrassment. I laughed at the cute pout she gave off. “Yah, if I kiss you, will you forgive me?” She turned back to me still with pouting lips but a look in her eyes gave me the okay.

 

I giggled and leaned, pecking her pouting lips. “There.” I grinned.

 

“Yah! I want a real kiss!” She whined, tugging on my arm just when I was about to stand again.

 

“That was a real kiss!”

 

“But…” She pouted, looking at me with puppy dog eyes. It’s not like I wanted it, I just loved the look on Tiffany’s face when she’s teased.

 

I sighed and leaned, capturing her lips, secretly grinning.

 

We pulled away after a few seconds, smiling at each other.

 

I rolled over and settled beside her, sitting up so I can see the ocean. “Hey.” I called.

 

She sat up as well, turning to me. “Hm?”

 

“How was the conversation between you and your sister?”

 

She blinked at me and then turned to the ocean, telling the flow of the conversation.

 

Tiffany pulled her sister far away from the ships, not wanting anyone to overhear or disturb them. She wanted to settle things with her. She didn’t want any misunderstanding and she wanted to continue the love she had for Taeyeon.

 

She knew that it’s hard to convince her overprotective sister but she won’t let anything stop her from continuing to date her Taeyeon. Even if it took days to convince her, she’ll do it.

 

Once she decided that it was far away, she turned to face her sister, who didn’t even want to meet her eyes. “Jessie…” Tiffany sighed.

 

“What?” Her sister replied coldly. “Why did you even drag me out here?”

 

“You know why. We need to talk. Taeyeon is—“

 

“Our enemy.” She started, giving an icy glare to her own little sister. “How can you fall in love with her? Most of all, why? What do you see in that short stack?” Tiffany cringed at the tone of her blonde-haired sister but she wasn’t going to back down, especially after she called the person she loved by an offensive name.

 

“She’s just…special. I think she’s a wonderful adorable person. She makes me laugh even when she doesn’t try and she’s intelligent. She’s worth falling for, Sica.” Jessica instantly stomped her foot violently into the ground, hearing the words that seemed like poison to her ears.

 

“A week ago, you hated each other. It’s not like there’s some cupid that made you two lovestruck or a potion that you both drank to fall for each other. I can’t believe what I’m hearing, Tiffany!”

 

“Please try to understand, Sis…I don’t know what happened but the moment she saved her life I just—“

 

“The moment she saved your life? You mean the one with the rogue pirate? The proper thing to say is ‘thank you’, Tiffany. Not ‘I love you’.” Jessica muttered, obviously not handling her feelings well.

 

“No…I think I fell for her at some point before that. And the moment she saved me, I just realized it.” Tiffany continued. Jessica fell silent, seeing as her witty remark got backfired.

 

Tiffany sighed, seeing as she isn’t getting through her sister. “Jessica, I know that you and I both got hurt with our previous relationships. I know that you’re scared to love again but I’m not you…and Taeyeon isn’t Do—“

 

“Don’t say his name. Don’t ever say it!” Jessica cried, still feeling the pain in her heart whenever his name is mentioned. “I just don’t want you to get hurt again Tiffany. I’m saying this because I care. You’re forbidden to see Taeyeon ever again.”

 

But as soon as Tiffany heard that, her heart and mind just couldn’t take it and she gave it her all. “I’m not like you, Jessica! I’m not a coward like you that gets hurt a few times in the battlefield and just quits. You shouldn’t even treat me like a teenager anymore either. We’re both responsible adults! And I can say this for myself that I trust and love Taeyeon.” Jessica was startled as it was the first time that Tiffany raised her voice at her. Tiffany also realized this and calmed down, knowing that she won’t win this way. “I’m just saying that…don’t let what happened to you, affect me too. Give Taeyeon a chance, Jessie.”

 

“And she did.” Tiffany ended, smiling at me warmly. I looked at her in disbelief…I never knew that Tiffany could so be strong, especially just for us.

 

“Come here.” I mumbled, putting my arms out. She looked at me confused. “Just…” I stepped closer and pulled her in my arms, hugging her tightly. “You’re…simply amazing.” I whispered and hugged her tightly, suddenly feeling the urge to never let her go. “Thank you…”

 

“For what?”

 

“For giving me a chance.” I smiled widely and took in a heave of her scent to cherish this moment.

 

~~~

 

            The sun soon turned into a color of red orange that colored the whole ocean into a bright vivid scene yet Tiffany and I were lying down on the sand next to each other, watching the different colors of clouds cross across the sky. My arms cushioned the back of my head, allowing me to relax fully.

 

“Hey Taeyeon…” Tiffany whispered lightly and suddenly, she was on top me, hovering.

 

“What?” I replied.

 

“What happens to us now?” She asked, slightly with a hint of worry in her eyes.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean…our crew will know. Our first mates already know…will that change anything?” I tried to read her eyes, wanting to know what she wanted from me. “Also…I don’t know if I can be away too long from you after all this.” She smiled. I smiled back.

 

“Me either…”

 

“Then what happens to us now?”

 

“I think we should…join our ships.” I felt both of our hearts connect at that second. “Yeah.” I grinned, affirming my decision. “Let’s join our ships. Unite our crew together and we’ll be the strongest ship in this ocean.”

 

Tiffany showed a beautiful eye-smile, content with my answer. “I love you, Taengoo.” She whispered, starting to lean. I eyed her pink lips before meeting with her eyes and replied,

 

“I love you too, Fany.” Within a matter of seconds, our lips connected and our hearts fully bloomed and opened up to each other.

 

---

 

yoonyul820: This chapter counts as a gift for your birthday, unnie ^^