It All Ends

Love At Sea

Welcome to the last chapter of Love At Sea

It's a 25-page chapter so be sure to take breaks or at least rest your eyes after this long finished.

Kaja!

---

 

 

            “Yuri! Yuri!! Jessica!! Jump to your feet, dammit!!” I screamed and yelled while I ran to the hall of the officers’ quarters. My heart was pumping so fast with adrenaline and along that came the rising of my anxiety and panic—and a great deal of sweating. My mind wasn’t even thinking all too well anymore from the shock of seeing the infamous ship that I lost control of myself. “IF YOU TWO ARE DOING IT RIGHT NOW, I SWEAR BY MY RIGHT HAND THAT I’M GOING TO BREAK THE DOOR DOWN AND PUSH YOU OFF OF JESSICA!!”

 

The door slammed open, hitting my nose with it. “WHAT IN HEAVEN’S NAME IS WRONG WITH YOU, KIM!!” Yuri shouted back at me.

 

I stared at her blankly, holding my nose to aid it as much as possible from that blow. “We’re about to be attacked.” I said with a boring voice and expression. I looked at her up and down as well as Jessica behind her that looked as drowsy as Yuri was.

 

“By?” Yuri yawned and pulled Jessica closer to her.

 

“Oh no one much. Just The Elven Beast.”

 

“Oh.” She stretched for a few seconds…before widening her eyes and shouting, “THE ELVEN BEAST? THE ELVEN BEAST?”

 

“YES DAMMIT!!” I shouted back.

 

“WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!?!”

 

“I HAVE NO IDEA! THAT’S WHY I INTERRUPTED YOU GUYS!!”

 

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO EITHER. A WHILE AGO, ME AND JESSICA WERE JUST—“

 

“AH!” I interrupted her.” AHHH!! NO! NO DETAILS! DON’T YOU DARE!!”

 

“BUT WE WERE JUST—“

 

“SILENCE, KWON!”

 

“TAEYEO—“

 

“NO!”

 

“BUT—“

 

“AH!!”

 

“FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL YOU TWO PLEASE CALM DOWN AND STOP ACTING LIKE TWO IMMATURE BIPOLAR MONKEYS?!?!?!” Jessica cut in our conversation, pushing Yuri and herself outside.

 

We both piped down immediately since we just got pierced by the iciest voice in this whole ship. The glare she was giving me was worse. If I didn’t choose to look down, I would probably be paralyzed by now.

 

“Now what do you mean by ‘being attacked’?” Jessica asked, still looking slightly annoyed with her folded arms and tapping foot.

 

I avoided eye contact and mumbled, “We may be facing the biggest battle of our lives, Jessica.”

 

---

 

            “Tch.” I bit my lip as I held the spyglass against my right eye. The Elven Beast was getting close.

 

“What’s the situation, Captain?” Sooyoung asked me while she stood behind me. I put my spy glass away and turned to my crew with an anxious face.

 

“Prepare for battle.” On my word, everybody ran across the deck, preparing the cannons and other weaponry. Seohyun went to prepare her supplies and Yoona and Sunny were deciding who gets to sail. Then the quartermasters, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, headed off to the main deck to keep the crew in check.

 

I was left standing with Yuri and Jessica. It was then that I realized that Tiffany’s oblivious to the situation. “Jessica, can you call—“

 

“I’m on it.” She quickly said and dashed to our quarters.

 

I nodded, turning around and grabbed the back of my neck. Everything felt nerve-wrecking.

 

Just when I was about to explode with the sea of tension, a warm hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned around, having my best friend to be smiling at me, giving a bit of strength in me. “We can do this, Taeng.”

 

I wanted to let those words encourage me. I really did. But with my troubled heart and distracted mind, can we really do this?

 

“We—I…I-I’m not strong enough to lead this battle.” I admitted reluctantly, suddenly not feeling worthy to be the captain of the ship I’m standing on.

 

Yuri sighed heavily. “I know that you and Tiffany are going through a rough patch but don’t let that get to you right now. If you don’t get your head straight, we can die along with this ship. You and I both know that, that ship is never merciful.” I looked straight at my first mate’s eyes. As I listened to her, I knew she was right. I couldn’t let mine and Fany’s ship down now. “Besides, you’re going to fight for her anyway, right? So there’s something to look forward to after this.”

 

“Let’s go.” I stated with a firm voice.

 

Yuri and I started to head to the stairs but heavy and fast footsteps tracked up them, revealing Jessica, at the top of the staircase where we were, with her hand around Tiffany’s wrist. I held my breath as I saw Tiffany’s drowsy yet red eyes, it made me feel blank and useless.

 

“F-Fany…” I mouthed out. My voice was suddenly absent. I’ve lost control of it.

 

We stared at each other, not knowing what to say, do or think.

 

“Sica, let’s think of a strategy.” Yuri ran away from the scene, pulling Jessica with her. “We’ll be in the command room, Captain!” She shouted, already on the main deck.

 

I couldn’t care less what they did. I just focused on the person in front of me. The one person that could make my own body alone move mountains for her or could make my heart pump harder to the point of my body turning red. The one person that I would follow into hell. And I’m not giving up on her even if the anticipated battle will kill me.

 

I know that I’ve always felt this way from the start of our relationship; since I saved her from that drunken bum. But it’s the truth. It’s redundantly the truth.

 

The truth is that I can never think straight around her. I either turn into this lovesick fool or this stupid clueless idiot.

 

And I think I’m going to be both right now.

 

I approached Tiffany slowly, reaching out to cup her cheek. “…I’m not worthy of your tears.” I said softly and lined under her swollen eye with my thumb.

 

“…how can you not be when you own half of my whole being?” She countered, avoiding my gaze and just stared at the wooden deck.

 

“Tiffany.” I called her gently. “Please…please believe me when I say that I want you to be in my life forever. I’m not being forced. I want to do this. I don’t ever want to lose you. I don’t want to lose the sensation of touching your face—your lips—everything.” I saw her lip quiver as I tried to fight for her again. Tears were already forming in her eyes. “I’ve given you the key to my heart, the ability to be my whole life and my future, everything I have and will have, I’ll give them to you. Am I really that hard to believe to the point you won’t even realize what I’m saying to you right now?” Through my speech, I felt my tears already dropping since this was my last stand. If I don’t win her over now—I don’t know what will happen. I caressed her arms lovingly before grabbing them to force her to look in my crying eyes. “Fany…please…” I begged. She was crying so much…it was breaking my heart.

 

Tiffany managed to meet my gaze with her own red eyes. She was biting her lip to keep it from quivering, and I was on my brink of desperation. “T-Taeyeon…” She cried out, shaking her head lightly.

 

“What…what? What is it?” I was starting to be devastated. What did that head shake mean? Is she removing me from her life?

 

Even though I asked her to explain her actions, she just kept crying and shaking her head, mumbling inaudible words. My impulsive mind pulled her to me, wrapping my arms around her as a last resort.

 

“F-Fany…” My eyes were crying out river. “I’m sorry for being so stupid all the time, I’m sorry for not loving you enough, everything is my mistake. I’ll be responsible for everything that’s wrong in our relationship. I’ll make up for everything, I swear. Just please…please…” I buried my head on her neck before whispering in her ear. “Tteonajima.”

 

I hugged her as tightly as I could, wanting to get her heart to beat against mine, hoping it’ll turn her pained heart warm.

 

For a moment, nothing else was heard except for our sobs and whimpers. But Tiffany pulled away, looking at me determinedly.

 

opened, her lip still quivering, and whispered, “Please tell me that you love me…say that you’ll love me more than anyone else in this world and never go back on your words.” Tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

I stared at her, surprised and confused.

 

How could she ask me this?

 

Isn’t my answer obvious to her plea?

 

In fact, I would’ve said more than that.

 

If only time permitted it. “Taeyeon!” Yuri shouted. “That ship is coming close and we need a plan right now!”

 

Our moment was broken as I looked back, finding The Elven Beast to be less than 20 minutes away to being close enough for an encounter. “Tch.” Now I’m pissed.

 

I pulled away from Tiffany, grabbing her hand. “We need to go. Now.” The captain in me has awakened. Our reconciliation had to wait—unfortunately.

 

“But Taeyeon—“ I turned to her tear-streaked face.

 

“I’m sorry.” I quickly mumbled, continuing to pull us to where Yuri and Jessica were as I wiped my face dry of my tears.

 

---

 

(Tiffany’s POV)

 

“We should divide up the team and have one attack their ship.”

 

“Maybe another strategy is better considering our manpower against theirs.”

 

A sigh flew across the room. “Right.”

 

I sat down in the command room mindlessly around the same table everyone was. I couldn’t pay attention to what’s around me no matter how much I tried or put in my mind that we’re about to be attacked. I’m too distracted about what just happened a few moments ago.

 

Does...Does Taeyeon not love me anymore?

 

I know she said all those words but…when she had that hesitating expression after I told her to say she loves me, it gave me a big reason to start doubting her.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

What did that even mean?

 

 

Was that a response to what I asked from her? She’s sorry because she can’t say it?

 

No. It can’t be. Taeyeon loves me, I know it. Stop doing this to yourself, Tiffany. You both love each other. She’s giving her whole life to you; you should know better to start doubting her.

 

“Tiffany, are you listening?” My older sister called for my attention from across the table. I shifted my eyes to her, nodding instantly and fixing myself on the chair.  “Then do you get our strategy?”

 

I turned my head to Taeyeon, who was looking at me expectantly. I just couldn’t afford to embarrass myself right now. Not in this situation. I nodded again.

 

“Great. Let’s get up there and wait for this battle to start then.” Yuri clapped her hands together.

 

We all stood up, heading for the door. Taeyeon went outside first and I followed, but I paused in the middle of pushing the door, hearing Yuri and Jessica talking in a low voice.

 

“What if this plan won’t work?” Jessica mumbled.

 

“Then…” I looked back, seeing Yuri pull Sica closer, leaning towards her face. “…I’m forgetting the ship and the crew, my priority at that moment will be only you.” She said with such gravity in her voice. “Up to my last breath, I’ll protect you.”

 

My heart ached.

 

Why can’t I have that same look from Taeyeon? I’d hate to be selfish right now but I want her to just grab me and say that she loves me, and she’ll be with me to the very end. Can’t I have that? This battle is extremely difficult to win. If I don’t get one word of affection from Taeyeon, I’m afraid that I’ll be held at gunpoint soon.

 

“…” I glanced at Yuri and Jessica once more before leaving the room silently, letting them be alone.

 

When I went up on the main deck, I bit my lip as I saw Taeyeon talking to our pilots. My heart was aching again. And right now, there’s probably nothing that can soothe it. I can’t think properly. Everything’s piling up.

 

Her expression of uncertainty.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

The Elven Beast coming in our way.

 

Our relationship is hanging by a thread.

 

“Taeyeon, just say that you love me so I can finally calm this storm of pain within me.” My heart begged.

 

My lip is quivering again.

 

“Tiffany, come up here now!!” Taeyeon shouted at me. I shot up to her call, running up to the bridge where she was. But before I could reach the top of the staircase, a loud boom rung in my ears followed by a powerful shake to our ship, making me tumble on the staircase.

 

As soon as the quake stopped, I ran to Taeyeon, panicked at what just happened. “That bastard almost blew our bow out.” Taeyeon grumbled and glared at what was in front of her.

 

I turned to where she was looking at, finding the humongous enemy ship just about to meet our ship face-to-face.

 

From my fright, I impulsively grabbed Taeyeon’s hand that was just hanging out there, holding it tightly as I waited to meet our enemy.

 

After Yuri and Jessica finally came to the bridge with us, I held my breath as I saw the coat of a captain from afar, along with a blurry image of a person behind him.

 

The atmosphere was so tense, I felt like I was choking.

 

And when I saw that familiar grin, I knew that this battle might be harder than I ever expected. “How’ve you been, Fany-ah?” Siwon greeted me.

 

I felt my whole body go weak.

 

Taeyeon turned to me, surprised that I actually knew our enemy. I couldn’t help but just look back helplessly at her, not knowing where to start. How could I tell Taeyeon that he’s my ex-boyfriend if our own relationship is…like this.

 

“D-Donghae…” Jessica mumbled behind me. I turned back to the opposite ship, finding the person behind him to become clearer—revealing my unnie’s ex-boyfriend. I stepped back in shock.

 

“Annyeong, Jessica.” He greeted with a small smile.

 

“Don’t even look at her.” Yuri defended Jessica and stood in front of her.

 

What have done to be in a situation like this? Choi Siwon is right here and Taeyeon has no idea who he is to me, since I’ve never told her any details about my past relationship. No good can come of this—especially since our relationship is currently dented.

 

I was hyperventilating. I didn’t know what to do.

 

“What’s wrong, Fany-ah? Did you forget who your ex-boyfriend is?” He shouted, putting emphasis on ‘ex-boyfriend’

 

I wanted him to just shut up and die.

 

But he wasn’t my priority right now, it was Taeyeon. She was the one that’s in the state of shock, and the look on her face had a hint of betrayal. I felt my eyes starting to get worked up again.

 

“Taeyeon…” I mumbled. She turned to me, still shocked and silent. “Please listen to me.” I begged. “Whatever he will say to you, don’t believe anything unless it came from my own mouth. Just please don’t. He might say enough to distract you and I swear, he won’t be staying still with a sword in his hand.” I tried to say calmly but with so much going on, I can only say it with so little stability in my voice.

 

“Just…answer me one thing.” She mumbled, not wanting to meet my eyes.

 

“Anything.”

 

“Is he really your ex-boyfriend?” I just stared at her for a moment…before biting my lip and nodding. “Okay then.” She pressed her lips together.

 

I kept my eyes on her, trying to read her but she was so blank towards the situation that it was ridiculous.

 

“Get out of the way of Jessica! I wanna see her!” Donghae said. Yuri was still covering the cowering girl behind her.

 

“For what?!” Yuri shouted back. “Scum like you shouldn’t even be able to have eyes to see someone so beautiful!”

 

“You little!!—“

 

“Enough talking!” Siwon announced. “Our battle needs to start. I can’t wait to get my hands on that pretty flag of yours.”

 

I ignored all the noise and still waited patiently for any response from Taeyeon. But none was given to me.

 

My hands cupped her face, forcing her to look at me. “You shouldn’t be affected by this, Taeyeon. He doesn’t mean anything to me and neither should he mean anything to you either. I pushed him out of my life a long time ago. You’re what I have right now. And I couldn’t ask for anything more.” I mumbled, desperate for any response. “I love you…I love you so much, Taeyeon. I’m sorry for not telling you anything about him but don’t take that as to mean something. It’s just that you’ve swept off my feet so incredibly that I forgot to.” She was just staring at me blankly.

 

“…I believe your words Taeyeon. Will you please believe me now?” I breathed in and out. “Don’t you love me?”

 

“I…” Taeyeon was about to reply. And with every second that passed, my heart raced. “…do I?” She asked me, sounding confused and unsure about her answer.

 

It broke my heart.

 

“…Taeyeon…” I stepped away slowly, not believing what she just said.

 

“Guys, I think you should grab your weapons now.” Yuri said, taking out a sword from her scabbard before heading down the main deck with a slightly shaky Jessica behind her.

 

I still couldn’t believe what Taeyeon had just said. The person that I love with all my heart is not sure if she loves me. All I could was stare at her, stare at the floor as she pondered at the thought that tore my heart apart.

 

“…” I swallowed air, trying to get a grip of myself. “Y-You heard what Yuri said.” I managed to mumble and followed our first mates.

 

“Wait! Fany, don’t go!” I ignored her calls. I couldn’t feel anything with my heart broken like this. It felt like I was falling in an endless pit and with it, had pain that would never end.

 

All I could do right now was grab a sword and hope for the best in this battle.

 

Even though I’m practically saying that I have a death wish.

 

---

 

            It’s been hours since the battle started. So far, everything’s been equal. Each ship is damaged with cannons in an equal amount. We’ve killed a slightly bit more men then them. Yet…my heart’s still aching. Even if Taeyeon asked the heartbreaking question to herself hours ago, the wound is still fresh.

 

We haven’t made one single contact since.

 

We were both too busy in our own parts in this battle. Each of us had to fight off the enemies trying to infiltrate our ship or else.

 

Yuri and Jessica fought off the men on one side of the ship, while Taeyeon and I fought others on the other.

 

It’s amazing that I’m still alive considering on how much of my soul is dead right now. I was swinging my sword around almost fully lifeless.

 

All I’ve done was fight back my tears and don’t show any weakness to anybody as I plunged each sword in another’s body.

 

Taeyeon let go of my hand, heading over to an insignificant bush in the shadows. When she returned, I was surprised to see her holding my favorite flower in her hand instantly—just like magic.

 

Before I could even ask about it, she started to speak. “They say that…flowers are the sweetest things God ever made…and forgot to put a soul into.” My heart skipped a beat and I held my breath as she tucked the flower behind my ear. “But…you know, you’re the sweetest person God ever gave me.” She whispered with a grin. Is it possible to fall for someone so hard—and it happens over and over again? Like what I’m feeling right now…”Saranghae.”

 

“ARGH!!” I screamed, feeling the pain rise in my chest from remembering that moment. It made me feel so pained, angry and lost to the point that I was having frenzy, flurrying my sword around as my tears trickled down.

 

Taeyeon doesn’t even notice.

 

I kept screaming and crying out, ing my sword through any enemy I find.

 

I was only stopped when someone deflected my sword away. I stopped moving, looking up at the enemy I was about to face. “Heartbroken?” Siwon smirked.

 

I retracted my sword, stepping back. My mind may be going insane but I know well enough that Siwon knows his way around me.

 

I looked around, finding somebody to help me. But not one officer was around, not even Yuri and Jessica—or Taeyeon. Everyone was too busy with their own fight.

 

“No one’s here to help you, Tippany.” He cackled. “Now…why don’t you tell me what’s wrong? Who are you wasting those tears on?” I gripped my sword, raising my defenses.

 

“You don’t need to know.”

 

“Why not? Does it hurt too much for you to talk?” He smirked, stepping closer. “Did they cheat on you too?” I gritted my teeth.

 

“My girlfriend is better than a two-timer like you. She’ll never cheat on me.” As he stepped closer and closer, I stepped back and sideways until we were walking in a circle with each other.

 

“So, it’s a girlfriend. I’ll just take a leap here and guess, it’s Taeyeon.” I became tensed at the mention of her name. He laughed lightly. “You two go together. I wonder what’s wrong.”

 

“Like I said, you don’t need to know!” I shouted, lunging at him with my sword, but he just parried it with his own weapon and sent me to the floor.

 

Siwon stood still in front of me, smirking. “Did she say that she doesn’t love you?” At that sentence, I felt myself grow more unfocused and weak. I was starting to become blind with heartache.

 

I didn’t even think, I just grabbed my sword, running towards him and trying to place a hit. He just blocked it, leaving me to be in close quarters with him, trying to push his sword away as our swords were clashed. “Or has she fallen out of love with you?” My strong expression grew weak, making him smirk with my obvious hint.

 

With just one move, he pushed my sword away and I stepped back, glaring at him. “You don’t need to act so tough with me, Miyoung. I don’t need to tell you that your own girlfriend doesn’t love you back and never will just to show your true colors.” The grip on my sword grew weak. “She doesn’t love you. She’s getting over you, right?” He continued.

 

My heart was bursting.

 

“STOP IT!!” I screamed, trying to attack him again but Siwon simply kicked me away.

 

“She wants another person in her life. Not someone like you. Why would Taeyeon want someone like you? She’s fallen out of love with you.” I was helpless on the floor, imagining exactly what Siwon was telling me.  “She’s forgotten all about your promises, love, touch…kisses.”

 

“I…” My mind was completely clouded. I was lost. I’m done for.

 

My body moved on its own as an instinct, standing up once more and getting my sword. I just approached him slowly, swinging my sword—but we just came back to the position before, with our swords clashing against in each other.

 

His smirking face met mine so closely. “Maybe she’s fallen in love with another person.”

 

“No…” I grew weak.

 

“Someone better than you.”

 

“No!—Taeyeon!!” I cried out her name, desperate for her to save me from this heartache.

 

“Imagine them, kissing, holding, laughing with each other. And she’s happier. Happier than she ever was with you.”

 

“NO! PLEASE!!” I was begging for mercy already.

 

He pushed my sword away, letting it slide from a place too far for me to reach. Siwon easily grabbed my clothes, lifting me from the ground with ease as I just cried helplessly in his hold.

 

He laughed with so much glee at me. “Look at you. You’re so head over heels for this girl, aren’t you?” I just stayed silent, paralyzed with all I’ve imagined because of him. “Take a look at her. She’s looking back at you.” He whispered.

 

I turned my head to where Taeyeon was fighting others. And I was fooled when she was still oblivious to what was happening to me.

 

I’m definitely a fool.

 

Before I could even turn my head back, cold metal pierced through me.

 

I screamed as the unbearable pain overwhelmed me.

 

Siwon just dropped me on the floor, not caring about the blood flowing out of me.

 

I didn’t even have the strength to keep my eyes open because of the excruciating feeling.

 

Such a bitter end.

 

---

 

(Taeyeon’s POV)

 

            Stabbing through the last two swordsmen on my side, a fatal scream pierced my ears. My heart had a twinge for a second—even though I didn’t know why. As soon as my heartache and shock subsided, I hurried to where Tiffany was fighting.

 

My chest was tightening with pain. Why do I feel like this when I don’t even know what’s going on? Cold sweat started to run down my face and my mind couldn’t think properly, as if something horrible has happened.

 

I only understood everything when I saw my lover lying faced-down on the wooden deck, next to Siwon with a blood-stained sword.

 

My heart stopped and I couldn’t breath. I didn’t know what to do except just to stare in denial at the scene. It was a nightmare that has come to life.

 

Memories flashed in my eyes. Our important ones. It was only then that I was able to push through the fact that Tiffany didn’t tell me about her past—or how I was having such a hard time in gaining her back. I didn’t care about those anymore. Nothing else mattered except that I just realized what love really meant and what it could do to me.

 

It could make me incredibly happy. It could destroy me. It could encourage me. It could blind me. It could control my whole being. It could be the end of you. It could change your whole life.

 

But once you’re in love, you don’t care about that. You didn’t care about whatever you did as long as you’re with the person you love and that person is happy. It’s one of the ultimate sacrifices.

 

I’m standing by my words to Tiffany—my words of marriage, commitment and love.

 

My epiphany gave me a boost of strength, gripping my sword tightly as I jumped from the upper deck and down to where my whole world was.

 

I rushed to Tiffany, gently facing her towards me. “Tiffany…Fany-ah…” I called softly with my heart beating hard against my chest.

 

“…Tae..Tae…?” Her eyes only opened slightly, showing how weak she is at the moment.

 

“Yes—Your TaeTae is here.” I felt my eyes getting watery at the sight of my lover’s vulnerability. “Listen to me, please don’t go. Hang on for me, okay? Don’t leave me like this…” I cried out, holding her cold hand. “I love you, Tiffany…I didn’t mean my words earlier, of course I love you.” I continued, intertwining my fingers with her.

 

I saw a weak smile slowly form on her lips before she whispered faintly, “I love you too…”

 

“Tch, stupid lovesick fools.” Siwon’s deep husky voice muttered before I heard a sword being lift hastily in the air.

 

“If you even try to land a hit on my best friend on a moment like this, you’re definitely inviting yourself to a lovely death.” I lifted my head, seeing Yuri point her sword on the Siwon and Jessica pointing a gun to him.

 

I thanked them silently before I turned back to Tiffany, finding her to be on the way of closing her eyes. “No! Tiffany, please don’t. Hold on.” I wiped my tears away and gently dug my hands under her body—being careful not to touch her wound and lifted her from the ground. “Stay with me.” I whispered, walking to Seohyun for medical attention.

 

I kept my eye on Tiffany’s eyes the whole time, thinking how beautiful they were. “Promise me that after you recover, we’ll get married.” I whispered.

 

She became silent for a few seconds. “…I don’t even think I’m going to…make it, Tae…” She whispered back, blinking slowly.

 

“What are you saying…of course you will.” I pushed all of the possibilities of losing her—thinking that it’ll come true. Even if it sounds so absurd, I just don’t want my whole life to disappear.

 

“But what if—“

 

“You won’t.” I cut her off, keeping my hopes up. “You’ll get better, and we’ll have that future you’ve always dreamed of. The future of us.” I forced a smile.

 

“…” She looked at me sadly. “Taeng…”

 

I entered Seohyun’s clinic, finding a lot of people injured and passed out. And some of them were too still to be alive—my heart ached at the thought of Tiffany being like that.

 

Seohyun came over to us, surprised to see her captain in a weak state. She called over one of her helpers and asked me to hand Tiffany over. I looked at her one more time, trying to send her my strength for her recovery.

 

She kept looking at me, with the same eyes of when we first said our love for one another—sincerely and lovingly. I pressed my lips together, giving her to her assistant.

 

But before I let her go, I kissed her forehead tenderly and whispered. “I love you…”

 

She was about to reply but I just stopped her by saying, “Please live.”

 

---

 

            I left Seohyun to do what’s best of her ability and went back to the main deck. A battle was still ongoing—as long as their captain is still alive.

 

The thought of Siwon just made me grit my teeth.

 

I grabbed a sword from a fallen swordsman and held it tightly, running over to where Yuri and Jessica were fighting against Siwon and Donghae.

 

“So you’ve improved.” Donghae teased Jessica with a smirk on his face as they clashed swords.

 

“So you’re still pathetic.” Jessica countered and lunged forward towards him, landing a scratch on his face. I didn’t think she needed help in defeating her enemy—he wasn’t even worth a target to me.

 

“Yuri. I can take it from here.” I stopped my first mate from swinging her sword again at the enemy captain. She nodded firmly and went to help her Jessica.

 

I faced Siwon with a strong expression, letting him know that I’m not here to play.

 

He just laughed it off. “You look even more pathetic than Tiffany.” He swung his sword around playfully. I glared at him.

 

“Enough talk.” I said quickly and attacked him before he can even react. I flipped my hair with satisfaction as I saw a slice across his chest. He hissed in pain.

 

“You’re gonna regret that.” He leaped at me with his sword, officially starting our fight.

 

All I had to think of was Tiffany in this fight. I was determined to fight for her.

 

She’s fighting for her life right now in agonizing pain just because of the person I’m battling with—so I’m not going to let him off easily.

 

I just kept my eyes on the future. Tiffany and I will get married and get a house…we’ll have children and I could teach them how to man a ship and sword fighting just like how we were raised. When they were off to sail on their ship, Tiffany and I will go home, look at their room that was empty for the first time as I held her close to prevent too many tears from falling out. We’ll grow old together…never having our love flicker out or weaken.

 

And right now, the only thing standing in my way is Siwon, and his ship.

 

I summoned all my strength and skill to push his sword away from his hand, and point my sword at his neck.

 

I panted with sweat coming down my temples. “Now…” I started. “I should kill you for hurting my Tiffany…” I glared at his shaking body—he was definitely afraid. “But even you’re not worth the privilege of being executed by my hand.” I lowered my sword.

 

He sighed in relief.

 

I smirked. “But then again, I don’t care.” I got out my gun and pointed it at him.

 

The loud gunshot halted the battle, letting everyone know that Fallen Angel has won.

 

---

 

            I left everyone else to get rid of the rest of The Elven Beast’s crew as I rushed to my quarters and left my captain’s coat and weapons before heading over to Seohyun’s clinic. My heart was racing to know how Tiffany was doing.

 

When I barged in the clinic, Seohyun was just nowhere to be seen, just the resting injured people on the cots. I hurried to find her, selfishly bothering the pained crew members. I finally stopped when Seohyun just went out of the operating room.

 

I stared at her, waiting for at least one fact about Tiffany’s well-being.

 

Seohyun was just looking at me with a serious face, never turning into a sign that she’s okay.

 

“She-She’s…” I was suddenly so lost with denial. Tiffany’s gone?

 

“Captain…” Seohyun reached over and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

 

“I can’t believe she’s gone.” I mumbled, starting to cry.

 

Seohyun suddenly chuckled. “She’s alright.” I looked at her, surprised at what she did to me—reducing me into this state of tears. “I’m sorry that I did this, Captain Tiffany requested for me to see how you would react if I did so.”

 

I was too happy that Tiffany’s alive and well, I didn’t even care about this mean prank anymore. I just laughed along with her and asked, “Can I see her?”

 

“She’s resting right now but you can.” She smiled and led me to the room.

 

As soon as I stepped in, I saw that Tiffany was just lying down on the table under the sheets. Her chest was rising up and down, signifying that was definitely alive.  Seohyun closed the door and I approached her slowly. Her eyes opened bit by bit, turning to me.

 

“From your tear-streaked face, I can tell that Seohyun’s report later will be satisfactory.” She grinned. I chuckled and reached her hand under the sheets, holding it tightly.

 

“…hi.” I whispered.

 

“Hi.” She replied, squeezing my hand lightly.

 

To my surprise, a tear drop fell on Tiffany’s cheek from my own eye. I didn’t even realize that I was still crying.

 

Tiffany looked at me, surprised. “Why are you still crying…? I’m here now. Don’t cry anymore…” She comforted me, intertwining our fingers.

 

I shook my head, letting her know I was okay. “I-It’s nothing…I’m—I’m just so happy that you’re still alive.” My voice quivered as tears continued to pile in my eyes. I leaned and kissed her forehead. “I don’t know what I would ever do without you…”

 

“You won’t ever have to imagine.” She smiled. I smiled back. I wanted to hug her at that moment but her wound was still recovering…if she was already fully healed, I would have hugged her to the point of carrying her around in circles.

 

I took a few seconds just to take this moment in. How thankful I was that I’m not heartbroken, that our ship is still in one piece…that my life is finally in complete bliss.

 

I looked at Tiffany with a special gaze—something that said how important she really is in my life.

 

“…I love you.” I whispered.

 

“I love you too.” Her hand gave another light squeeze to mine.

 

I couldn’t help but smile instantly. “…Now that our ship is clear of enemies…and ex-boyfriends,” Tiffany chuckled. “…and you’re okay now. I think I have to say something.” I bit my lip.

 

“Huh? What is that then?”

 

I smiled widely as I said, “Tiffany Hwang…from enemies to lovers, we’ve snuck away to meet each other, did life-changing decisions together, connected emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically, I think I can finally ask you now.” I breathed in and out. “Will you please marry me?”

 

Silence followed for a few seconds, making me nervous for a few seconds.

 

Then she giggled and said with the biggest smile on her face, “Yes.”

 

---

 

There's still an epilogue by the way. lol.

Sorry for any grammar and vocabulary mistakes. 

Thank you for everyone who has read this ^^ It's my first completed ongoing so...*bows* kamsahamnida~!