"Gwenchana?" - Lay

My One-Shot Collections

Xian POV>

You were in class (college class to be exact) listening to the professor's long lecture. You were relieved from boredom after hearing the school bell ring. Quickly stuffing all your supplies into your hand bag and darted out of the door with all your fellow classmates following after you. Sighing from finally making it out alive, you looked at your watch and gasped. "Omo, i was supposed to meet up with DaiLu gege earlier at the cafe."

With that, you quickly started to speed walk towards the stairways, but you were too busy worriyng about not making it in time that you forgot to notice the sign that said Caution-Wet Floor! You let out a scream after slipping on one of the cases and felt yourself falling back wards. For sure you thought that you were gonna hit your head on the stairs and die. But instead, you felt arms around your waist as you fell into that person's chest.

"Gwenchana?" The person asked with a broken korean. You looked up to look at that person's face, he had a slender jaw, straight hair that slightly almost covered his eyes, and a cute dimple that would appear when he slightly grins or smile.

Snapping out of that thought Xian quickly got out of their position. "Mianhaeyo." Xian quickly apologized before heading back down the stairs in embarassment.

Lay POV>

I was walking past the stairs when i noticed that someone just walked down the stairs. Don't they know that the stairs are wet? I questioned myself after seeing the sign. After hearing a voice scream from the stairs, I quickly ran down the stairs and saw that the girl was about to fall backwards. Without thinking, i quickly went to catch her from falling and held her by the waist so that she wouldn't fall. After she quickly got back on her feets and rushed down the stairs again, i also continued my way to the cafe for lunch.

Normal POV>

When Xian finally reached the cafe, DaiLu gege was already itting by the window with a cup of coffee and a slice of coffee cake by his side as he was chating with perhaps one of his classmates. Xian hastilly walked up to her older brother and apologized for being more than late. 

"Why're you so late?" DaiLu complained as he looked over at his sister who was panting as she walked up to them.

"Sorry, i was--"

"Oh! We meet again i see." Lay gladly said looking at Xian. "I'm YiXing, Zhang YiXing, but just call me Lay." 

"This is my project partner in one of my classes. Lay, this is my younger sister, Xian." DaiLu introduced Xian a she greeted Lay with a simply gave bow.

"Thank you for saving me at the stairs earlier Lay gege." Xian thanked as she once again gave another bow.

"Ah, it's no problem actually. I was just walking by the stairs at that moment." Lay replied to Xian as he grinned.

DaiLu looked at the two of you with a questiond look on his face. "So, the two of you have already met each other?"

The two of you then looked over at DaiLu, who they have just remebered was sitting in front of them as well.

After lunch had ended, the three of you seperated paths to go to your next classes. As always class was boring as usual, you didn't feel like litening to the professors lecture all the way so you decided to get the notes from your friend later instead as you slowly stretched and placed your head on the desk.

After a few minutes of sleeping you kept feeling omething hit the back of your head and calling your name. You turned back to see who it was, and boy did it surprise you. Lay was sitting a few seats from you in the row behind you making a cute face at you and whispered in monotone, "You shouldn't be sleeping in class~!" Embarassed, you turned back to the front and covered your face with your hands.

After class had ended you got up from your seat, but only to then bump into  person's chest as you turned around and the person chuckled. Lay was standing in front of you, looking down at you who was trying so hard not to make any eye contact. He suddenly, out of nowhere placed his forehead down against yours which made you blush a deeper scarlet. Now facing each other, you two had mde eye contact with each other, Lay gave you a grin before removing his forehead and placing one of his hands on your forehead and the other on his.

After some moments of silence Lay finally broked the silence, "Xian ah...Gwenchana? You seem stressed out but your temperature is the same as mine. Do you want me to heal you? Im the Laynicorn." Lay asked you with a sweet grin that never failed to impress anyone. Unable to utter any word, you stood there in front of him emotionless. Lay then grabbed your hand and softly pulled you out the door and owards the outside towards a tree, where there weren't anyone under there taking shelter from the heat.

Staring down at his hands over yours, it made you feel . . .happy? Lay slowly guided you under the tree and sat up against the tree and looked up to you and signled you to do the same. You politely refused at first, but he wasn't the type to let anyone he is accquainted with refuse his offer. Once gain he held onto your hand and pulled you down towarfds him so that now you were actually sitting next to him on the ground.

"Go ahead and sleep. You can use my shoulder for support, and don't worry. I'll wake you up when it's about time to go to our last class." Lay told you with his soft and soothing voice.

You then slowy and awkwardly leaned the side of your head against his shoulder and closd your eyes to take a short nap. But it all ended so soon, when you heard the school's bell ringing and signaling that class was already starting. What th? Lay said he was going to wake me up. Slowly lifting your head up, you felt something propped down on your head. Looking up at the image over you, you saw that Lay had also fell asleep with his head propped against yours on his shoulder. As you tried to scoot away and wake him up, you stopped trying when you saw that his face looked more handsome and angelic when he sleeps. 

Lay slowly opened his eyes to see you staring at his face. "What is it? Did class start yet?"

"Umm. . . Class started about 7 minutes ago. . . "

"Mwo?!" After checking his watch, Lay quickly stood up and helped you up from the ground and started dashing to class with his hands intertwined with yours. After making it to class about 17 minutes late, you guys then looked at each other and gave each other a weak smile indicating that both of you gus were trying to catch our breaths.

"Gwenchana?" He asked looking at you and you replied back by giving him a cheerful nod with a small sound that came from your mouth before you both headed inside the classrom to get scolded by the professor.