A Nice Finish

Falling Stars (On Hiatus)

Word Count: ~1.1k

Just hanging out with this group was really relaxing. They were sprawled out on the grassy lawn of the quad near the fountain. The surrounding buildings were the dance studio, the auditorium, the middle school building, and the administration building. As they talked, they learned little things about one another. Yixing was aspiring to be an independent artist. He was already a competent singer, composer, and dancer. All he really needed was to graduate from high school.

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Jongdae all wanted to be professional singers with dancing skills that left much to be desired. Joonmyun was aspiring to be a pop star. He could both sing and dance decently and had a very good announcer voice. Chanyeol said that he wanted to be a rapper and gave a little demo. He certainly had the voice to rap, although at times the really deep voice was intimidating, especially earlier, when he approached Sehun from behind and said hello. Sehun nearly jumped out of his skin.

Just sitting out there with his new group of friends was nice and peaceful and before any of them knew it, the dining hall was open for dinner. They got up and brushed themselves off before heading over, joking and laughing.

The dining hall offered a wide variety of food, including traditional Korean food and also American food and other international cuisine and all of it was served buffet style. There was also a soup of the day and a salad bar. There wasn’t any particular time that the students had to come to have meals, the hours of the dining hall were simply six until nine for breakfast, eleven to two for lunch, and five until eight for dinner.  The dining hall had the capacity to fit 900 students in it at once, but usually there were only about 400 at over the three hours at every meal.

Each of the round tables sat 12 but students usually pulled up extra chairs and all squeezed in around the table to sit with their friends. There weren’t too many in their group that day so it they had plenty of room at the table. There was no dearth of entertainment at the table because Chanyeol laughed really hard at every little thing that someone said that was remotely funny. Yixing got a few laughs just from talking and he didn’t understand why.

At one point, Chanyeol started choking and Baekhyun smacked his back until the food was dislodged. He was just laughing all through dinner and the rest of the table couldn’t help but erupt into laughs. Somehow he brought a laugh out of everyone, even Sehun. Everyone was laughing until his sides hurt.

After dinner, they split up and went to their separate dorms. Jongdae and Joonmyun also had rooms in West dorm, while Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo had rooms in North dorm. They headed their separate ways and promised to meet by the fountain in future before dinner.

In the elevator, they met Jongin and Sehun grimaced. Jongin returned the grimace with a smirk and the rest of the occupants of just looked confused. Jongdae and Joonmyun got out on the second floor and Sehun just hoped that Jongin wasn’t getting off at the fourth floor. None of the other numbers were lit up, which meant that he had to be on their floor. At this point, Sehun was just hoping that Jongin wasn’t in their wing, but even that was too much to hope for.

Jongin was jingling his keys and Sehun noticed the tag said 415w. This jerk was in their hallway. He glowered even more than usual and Yixing shot him a questioning look. Sehun returned with a look saying, “I’ll tell you later.” Yixing shrugged. The elevator dinged and they all got out and turned right. Jongin smirked as he turned the key and slipped into his room.

When Yixing and Sehun had gone into their room and locked the door after themselves, Yixing asked, “What is with you and that kid in the elevator.”

“He’s a jerk.” Yixing raised an eyebrow waiting for elaboration. Sehun just began changing angrily into his pyjamas. He stripped and hung up his uniform nicely before slipping into sweat pants and a big shirt. He trudged over to his bed and sat on it huffily. Yixing changed as well.

“You’re rather melodramatic.”

“Am not! He’s a serious jerk! When we were on the bus here, I fell asleep when he woke me up he called me cute! And he keeps doing it!” Sehun was sulking. “And then during chemistry he was being a holier than thou jerk because he’s better at chemistry than I am. He corrected me and then expected me to be saying that he was the god of chemistry or something. And that cocky smirk of his just gets under my skin. And then at lunch he decided to bother me. What’s with that? Ugh. I wish I could wipe that grin off of his face.” He grit his teeth.

“Maybe he likes you,” Yixing mused out loud. “He did call you cute.”

“What!? No! God no!” he all but screamed, voice cracking in the middle.

“Some people have different ways of flirting than others. Take Jongdae for instance. He lies and pulls pranks to get attention, but when he likes someone, he becomes rather honest and almost subdued.” So he did notice, Sehun thought to himself. He wasn’t as oblivious as he acted at times.

“Can we just stop talking about this now?” Sehun grumbled. Yixing shrugged, smiling cutely.

Sehun changed the subject to the rest of his day and the other, less irksome friends that he had made, mostly the ones they ate with. His story drifted to Taeyeon and his friendship with her. Yixing smiled through the whole thing. He got the impression that this kid wasn’t really the social type but the fact that he was being more open here was a relief.

He had been talking for hours and was getting tired. “It’s probably time for you to go to sleep,” Yixing suggested lightly.

“I’m not,” he yawned, “tired.”

“Humour your hyung then,” he smiled sweetly. Sehun lay back, willing himself to stay awake but when Yixing began humming a lullaby, he was out. Yixing smiled down at his cute dongsaeng before turning off the light and going to sleep as well.

A/N: One of my shorter chapters. It probably would have been better if I had actually put this in with the previous chapter but I felt like I wanted this to be a separate chapter. I guess I just ran out of things to say. Thank you for reading!