Roommate

Falling Stars (On Hiatus)

Word Count: ~1.3 k

Sehun looked down to check his room number again. He was at the right room. It was like a beautiful dream and his worst nightmare in one nice big package. It couldn’t be that Yixing was Sehun’s roommate. It was just impossible. He probably looked surprised and embarrassed because Yixing chuckled to himself, smiling the beautiful that poked dimples in his cheeks. Sehun couldn’t think of how to respond or what to say. His mouth was probably slightly ajar as he just stared.

“Sorry,” he said, moving aside so that Sehun could enter the room. All Sehun could do was stare like an idiot. Yixing giggled and Sehun’s heart melted. “Hello, I believe we met earlier, during your orientation tour.” He extended a hand and Sehun took it slowly, feelings soft porcelain skin under his fingers. They were delicate but not long and spidery like his were.

His face turned a little pink and he was doing all he could to stop his knees from shaking. This was too good to be true, too good to be happening to him. He shook Yixing’s hand stupidly before saying the first thing that came to his head. “I’m glad I have such a handsome roommate.” He clapped a hand over his mouth in horror that something that stupid had just come out of his mouth and desperately tried to amend his statement. “H-helpful roommate. Nice roommate.” The damage had been done and things had gone as horribly as it was possible.

He looked surprised but also flattered, smiling lightly. He responded, “I’m glad to have such a polite and pretty roommate.” Sehun’s pale white cheeks turned a darker shade of pink and it showed so blatantly on his white skin, it looked like someone had splashed his face with dark pink paint.

“I was wondering who I would get for a new roommate,” Yixing mused out loud. “My old roommate, Luhan, was contracted by SM and he moved into their dorms. He’ll still be attending Kairin, but I hear that SM is stricter about living arrangements for their artists so he’ll be living in their dorms. Luckily SM isn’t too far away from Kairin so he can still get to classes and such easily enough. To be honest, you looked like the best first year in the group, not only by way of grades and resume, but also in person.”

All he could do was nod dumbly. They were about the same height and their eyes at the same level. Sehun’s heart was thumping so hard, he could hear it and he was just hoping that Yixing couldn’t hear it too, although his red face probably gave away enough as it was.

“Your suitcase is already here, sitting at the foot of your bed. Why don’t you come inside?” He took little steps across the threshold, afraid that his gelatine legs would give way underneath him if he were to move any faster. Even if Yixing caught him, that would be all the more embarrassing.

“You don’t have to worry, I don’t bite or anything.” Sehun noticed a slight accent on his Korean that he had also noticed earlier and in his stupidity, blabbed the first thing that came to mind. “Are you from another country? Your Korean has a slight accent.”

Yixing blinked a couple times, a little surprised before replying, “Yeah, I’m on exchange from China. Do you really think that my Korean sounds that strange?”

“No! I like you- it. You’re beautiful- your Korean is beautiful.” He slapped himself internally. “You speak Korean very well.

Yixing laughed lightly at the younger boy. He had gotten used to this reaction. His mother had always told him that he was handsome and charismatic. All through his life, there had been people who reacted as such. “No need to be embarrassed. It’s fine. I get this reaction a lot.” He grinned and Sehun’s vision went blurry. He sat down on the bed quickly before he fell to the ground. He focussed on that fact until he could see clearly again.

“Wh-what reaction,” he asked stupidly if not a little guiltily as well. If he hadn’t noticed Sehun’s pale face had turned bright red and that he was stuttering, he would have to be very thick, and thick he definitely not. Yixing’s response was simply a chuckle. Sehun hoped that he wouldn’t have this much trouble with his roommate in future. The embarrassment would probably kill him.

 “I don’t think I mentioned it on the tour, but the dorms have two to a room and every two rooms share a bathroom between them.” He indicated a door on the right wall as you walked into the room, closer to the entrance. The beds were on the left side of the room against the walls with a side-table between them. Their room had a window over the far bed, which was Sehun’s. The beds were fancy, four-poster style with off-white cream coloured drapes. On the far side of the door to the bathroom there was a large and fancy-looking mahogany armoire.  Yixing said that there were desks for working on in the common room but for the most part, students just worked sitting on their beds.

The bathroom had a triangular shower area on the left side behind a frosted glass door that opened outwards. To the right of the shower was the toilet with a medicine cabinet hung above it and the sink and vanity were on the right wall. The paint in the room was a pale sky blue and the floor tiles were white. Sehun stood in the doorway, looking in on the extravagant dorm bathroom when Yixing appeared over his shoulder, “You’d better shower in the morning, our neighbour, Kibum, likes to take long evening showers. I learned the hard way that the only way you’ll be able to get in bed before midnight is to shower in the mornings.”

Their neighbours were a pair by the names of Minho and Kibum but Yixing informed Sehun that Kibum liked being called, “Key.” He also said that Key was a diva. Luckily, Key wasn’t there because he might have thrown a hissy fit or something. He recommended that if Key ever did something particularly annoying, hiding his skin cream would subdue him. Calling him Kibum could get one of two reactions, he would either get hissy or he would just whine saying that he didn’t like being called that. The devious glint in his hyung’s eyes gave Sehun the impression that Yixing wasn’t all just bubbly and kind. Sehun decided it was best to not ask why his hyung knew this.

They went back into the room. “I’ve already moved all of my belongings into the wardrobe, so you can take up the rest of the space.” He was grinning until he realised that he still had somewhere to go when his phone vibrated in his pocket. Before Sehun had come in, he was going over to the dining hall to have lunch with another third year. “Sorry Sehun-ah. I need to go meet a friend for lunch. I’ll see you later. He left, giving a quick wave before the door shut.

Sehun began unpacking all of his stuff, all the while thinking about how to deal with crushing on his new roommate and trying desperately to not look like an idiot. If he turned beet red and got dizzy every time he saw his hyung, Yixing would probably think that he was insane. Classes hadn’t even started and he already knew he had quite the challenge ahead of him.

A/N: This is a shorter chapter but I hope you like it anyways. For now I’m simply writing the background of the story and it is starting out a little slow even though I know what I want to write. XD More awkward maknae being awkward.