Spin the Bottle, Among Others

Falling Stars (On Hiatus)

Word Count: ~2.3 k

 

“This is a game of spin the bottle with a twist. The kiss is not only a kiss, but also the transfer of a shot of soju from the spinner’s mouth to the victim’s. You can opt out of the kiss but you have to take three shots and the person the bottle landed on has to take one.”

“What’s with you and drinking?” Chanyeol asked curiously.

“Alcohol makes a party more fun at night even if it is more regrettable in the morning,” He replied smoothly.

“My bet is that Jongdae is the first to get drunk,” Sehun said.

“I think Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol said.

“I think Kyungsoo too,” Jongin seconded, “Well, he’ll either be the first or the last.”

“At least I bet that Jongdae is a funny drunk,” Sehun added.

“Agreed,” Jongin and Chanyeol replied.

“What? Really guys?” Jongdae complained.

“Yeah,” Baekhyun replied, grinning, eyes turning into crescents. He was once again fully dressed.

“Just spin the bottle,” Jongdae grumbled at Baekhyun, who spun compliantly. The other seven people in the room watched it intently. Luckily enough, the bottle managed to point to Kyungsoo.

“How did that happen!? No fair! I call foul play or something. You two don’t need an excuse like this to kiss,” Jongdae grumbled loudly. “Re-spin it Baekhyun.”

“Calm down, Jongdae. It’s not like you wanted to take the shot and kiss from Baekhyun. Besides, you’ve already had three shots from Truth or Dare,” Sehun pointed out.

“That’s true,” Jongdae conceded.

“I don’t really feel like watching round two of Baekhyun making out with Kyungsoo at the moment,” Jongin grumbled.

“You don’t have to watch, you know,” Joonmyun replied.

“Yeah. If you don’t want to watch, go into Joonmyun’s room,” Baekhyun suggested.

“Tempting,” Jongdae replied, “But at the same time, this is the sort of event that you don’t want to observe but at the same time, you can’t look away from either.”

“Suit yourself.” Baekhyun shrugged before taking a shot of soju and opening Kyungsoo’s mouth lightly. He touched his mouth to Kyungsoo’s, transferring the alcohol. They didn’t break the kiss even after everyone saw Kyungsoo’s throat move as he swallowed it.

“Here we go again,” Jongdae and Jongin sighed in unison.

“Don’t you two need to breathe?” Sehun asked in disgusted rapture as they continued for what seemed like an amount of time that one could die from holding his breath for. A couple more seconds and they broke, gasping for the air their lungs ached for.

“In the moment, you forget about things like that,” Kyungsoo replied casually, slightly red in the face.

“Just spin, Kyungsoo. I want to see a really funny kiss, like Sehun and Jongin. That would be hilarious.” Jongdae struck a nerve without meaning to or realising it and Jongin turned bright red. Everyone assumed it was anger at Jongdae rather than embarrassment.

 

Kyungsoo spun the bottle and it landed on Yixing.

“Is this entertaining enough for you,” Joonmyun asked Jongdae mildly.

“Interesting certainly,” Jongdae agreed. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun helplessly.

“You’ll be fine,” Baekhyun assured him. Kyungsoo took the shot and carefully held the liquid in his mouth before crawling across the circle to Yixing with the most embarrassed expression on his face.

Yixing opened his mouth easily and Kyungsoo quickly pressed his mouth to Yixing’s, closing his eyes tightly. Kyungsoo kissed Yixing for longer than he intended and after it had been transferred, Yixing nibbled lightly on Kyungsoo’s lip before releasing him. When Kyungsoo pulled back, he was bright red as he scampered back to his place next to Baekhyun.

“Boo. That wasn’t interesting,” Jongdae complained.

“Maybe next round will be better,” Joonmyun suggested.

 

Yixing spun the bottle and it landed on Jongdae.

“You were kind of asking for that one Jongdae,” Joonmyun joked.

“Hmph! I’ll pass on this one. Yixing, you take a shot and I’ll take another three.”

“Oh come on, he’s not that bad,” Kyungsoo and Sehun said in unison, much to their collective chagrin, the surprise of Baekhyun, and the horror of Jongin. Sehun and Kyungsoo proceeded to look away, blushing for completely different reasons. Kyungsoo was surprised that he had said it at all and was embarrassed he said it with such fervour in front of Baekhyun. Sehun was embarrassed that he practically told the whole room about his feelings.

“Look what we have here. Sehunie—“ Sehun tackled Jongdae across the circle before he could finish the sentence, pinning him to the ground.

“Oh. Sehun. So forceful!” Jongdae teased.

“Shut up or we both know what will happen. You know things but I know things too,” Sehun hissed into Jongdae’s ear and the smirk fell off of his face.

“Touche,” he whispered in reply. Sehun climbed off him, returning to his place across the circle. In the tussle between Jongdae and Shun, the bottle had moved and was now pointing to Joonmyun.

“Looks like we had it wrong and it’s actually Joonmyun,” Sehun said casually. Jongdae sent him a murderous look. It wasn’t intentional that the bottle moved but it was still in his favour that it did.

Yixing shrugged lightly before taking a nice mouthful of soju and turning to Joonmyun. Joonmyun accepted the alcohol casually and the kiss was short, just long enough for everyone to see Joonmyun swallow. Jongdae and Sehun exhaled the breath they didn’t know they were holding.

“I guess it’s your turn now Joonmyun.”

 

Joonmyun spun the bottle and it managed to land on Jongdae.

“Is this better?” Jongdae didn’t know how to answer his hyung’s question so Joonmyun took the soju in his mouth and leaned over to kiss Jongdae, who accepted it a little too willingly. Instead of pulling away quickly, the sustained the kiss and Joonmyun probably ended up with half of the soju as Jongdae decided to share his tongue.

“You two are almost as bad as Baekhyun and Kyungsoo,” Jongin complained.

“It still baffles me how you don’t need to breathe,” Sehun said innocently.

When the kiss finally broke, both participants breathing hard, Jongdae responded, “I hope that you have the chance to get it.” Sehun turned red.

“Whatever.” He looked away. “Just spin the damned thing and we can get this over with,” the pale boy grumbled.

 

Jongdae’s spin ended up with Sehun as the target and the two ended up glaring daggers at one another.

“Nope! This isn’t happening,” Jongdae stated flatly. “I’m going to be taking three shots. That means that you have to take one Sehun.” Jongin rolled his eyes.

“Are you really going to be like this Jongdae?”

“You really want a piece of this? And here I thought you had your sights set elsewhere,” Jongdae asked with a devious smile.

“Shut up,” Sehun grumbled, which was his only reaction to Jongdae at this point. “Drink up then.”

Sehun took his and then Jongdae took his three. “I think I might be feeling a little buzzed now,” Jongdae commented.

“Well you are the one who has drunk the most out of all of us,” Joonmyun pointed out.

“Shoosh now. Someone just make sure I don’t do something particularly regrettable.”

“Whatever. We won’t necessarily try because it’ll be so hilarious to see you make a fool of yourself,” Jongin replied.

“I’ll at least try to stop you,” Joonmyun assured Jongdae.

“At least someone loves me,” Jongdae said dramatically.

“I’ll just spin the bottle,” Sehun commented.

 

Sehun spun the bottle and it seemed like half of the room was holding their breath, namely Jongin, Sehun, and Jongdae. This time, the end result was Yixing, to both Sehun’s relief and horror. Jongin felt something in his stomach drop that he couldn’t quite pinpoint.

“Sorry Hunnie, but no repeats,” Jongdae put in as Sehun turned to Yixing. “Spin again.” This gave Jongin a new hope. There weren’t that many people left in the circle that hadn’t gone, actually it was only he and Chanyeol. A second spin resulted in Jongin, whose face lit up just a little as butterflies flitted about his stomach. Sehun internally weighed whether he wanted to avoid the alcohol or lip contact with Jongin. In the end, the pale boy decided that he would rather not embarrass himself by getting too tipsy. Jongdae and Joonmyun were already looking a little loopy.

“O-okay. I’ll do the k-kiss,” Sehun mumbled. Yixing chuckled under his breath and Sehun turned pink. “D-don’t laugh hyung!”

“It isn’t as bad as you make it out to be,” the Chinese boy laughed.

“L-let’s just d-do this,” Sehun stuttered.

“Who are you doing?” Jongdae asked, slightly inebriated.

“I’m not doing anyone!” Sehun grumbled before taking a shot of alcohol in his mouth. When he turned to Jongin, his cheeks were bright red.

The pale boy closed his eyes as he turned his head and pressed his lips to Jongin’s. The tan boy opened his mouth just a little to allow the liquor in. Sehun tried to transfer the soju but ended up dripping half of it down both of their chins. The other boy’s lips felt so soft and warm Sehun held the kiss a little longer than he thought he would. Jongin, enjoying this a little too much, nibbled lightly on Sehun’s bottom lip, causing the other boy’s eyes to fly open. He pulled back, face redder than ever. He wiped his mouth sloppily with the back of his hand. Jongin his lips seductively.

“All that’s left is Chanyeol, so you’re up Channie,” Jongdae announced. “You get to kiss Jongin.” Chanyeol nodded dumbly. Once again, Jongin overdid it, following the soju with his tongue, which sparred with Chanyeol’s as the kiss got more aggressive. After an excessive kiss, they finally broke.

“Too bad you wouldn’t let me go further than what we did, Hunnie.” Sehun only replied with a, “humph”.

--

 

“Well that was another fun round. Who wants to play never have I ever? I don’t think anyone’s particularly tipsy yet,” Jongdae stated. “For each one you have done, you take a shot.”

“I think you’re getting there, but if you want to keep the games going we can,” Jongin replied.

“I still have a lot of alcohol and am willing to go until we run out,” Jongdae replied flatly.

“Just so long as you don’t make yourself sick,” Joonmyun chided.

“Then let’s get this started! We can go around the circle. I’ll start,” Jongdae stated. “Never have I ever snogged Jongin. That means at the vey least, Joonmyun, Sehun, and Chanyeol. Anyone else want to confess?”

“That’s all of them,” Jongin confirmed as the three took their shots.

 

“Never have I ever been out of the country,” Chanyeol stated. Joonmyun and Yixing both took shots.

“That’s pretty low, Yeol,” Sehun commented. “Xing is from China.”

“It’s the only one I could think of on the spot,” he replied with a shrug.

“Where did you go, Joonmyun?” Jongdae inquired.

“I went to America with my parents for vacation.”

“Wow. You must be loaded,” Kyungsoo commented.

“My father owns a company,” he replied nonchalantly.

“Well then,” Sehun said, unable to think of anything else to say.

 

“Never have I ever had a dog,” Baekhyun said.

Before taking a shot, Jongin commented, “I have three.”

“What kind?” Chanyeol asked.

“They’re poodles.”

“That’s cute,” Yixing remarked vaguely. Jongdae burst into raucous laughter for no reason.

“You might want to stop the drinking,” Joonmyun suggested gently.

“I’m perfectly fine,” Jongdae huffed.

“Whatever you say,” Joonmyun sighed.

 

“Never have I ever dyed my hair,” Kyungsoo remarked.

“I did my hair lighter brown and dark red,” Chanyeol said before taking a shot.

“I’ve done blonde, light brown, and maroon,” Baekhyun said embarrassedly, taking his turn.

“Mine were blonde and chestnut,” Yixing commented.

“I’ve done every colour of the rainbow and even all at once.” Sehun turned bright red.

“I’ve done grey, bronze, maroon, and black,” Jongin said.

“Wow, that’s a lot of hair dyeing.” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows.

 

“Never have I ever dated a roommate,” Joonmyun announced.

Yixing chuckled but didn’t actually say anything as he had announced this to the whole room earlier that night.

 

“Never have I ever dressed like a girl,” Yixing almost laughed. Sehun pulled a pinched face.

“You’re so mean, hyung.”

“Anyone aside from Sehun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae?”

“I did...” Baekhyun mumbled. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun with wide eyes. “I-it was a drag show and my friend convinced me to do it!” he replied defensively before drinking and averting his gaze.

 

“Never have I ever written a song. That’s payback, hyung.” Sehun smirked at Yixing.

“You got me,” Yixing chuckled, appearing completely sober still as Sehun was beginning to feel a buzz.

“It’s been a while since the last time I wrote one,” Chanyeol began before trailing off ambiguously and drinking. His cheeks were getting a tad rosy by this point.

 

“Never have I ever fallen asleep on a bus listening to music and sitting next to a y dancer,” Jongin said, looking pointedly at Sehun.

“Why would you say something like that!” Sehun exclaimed more loudly than he had intended, turning bright red. The other occupants of the room were snickering, although Chanyeol and Jongdae were having difficulty keeping it quiet.

“Because it totally happened,” Jongdae chuckled.

“You’re so embarrassing! It’s so embarrassing!” Sehun whined. Even Yixing was laughing now. For some reason, the embarrassment was making his eyes water.

“Sorry babe, you know I mean you no harm,” Jongin said in that annoying yet charismatic way he had. Sehun puffed his cheeks out in response. By this point, everyone in the room was feeling the alcohol to varying degrees. “But you know you have to drink,” Jongin teased.

“I know,” Sehun said with a pout.

 

From that point on, the rest of the night was a blur to Sehun.

 

A/N: I continue to not support or promote underage drinking! I hope you enjoyed reading of the rest of their little shenanigans. Next chapter will wrap up the party arc and start with the beginning of the vacation arc. Please look forward to it!