Ice Cream For Two~

"RAWR!" Goes The Dinosaur

Dongwoo woke up to the delicious aroma of breakfast cooking in the kitchen that made his stomach growl in hunger. He found the space next to him empty, void of his new roommate. After rushing through a brisk morning shower and putting on his clothes for the day, he stalked to the kitchen where Ji Ju was busily frying something with a determined pout on her lips. Chuckling to himself he sat himself at the table, maybe having a friend around wouldn't be so bad at all.

"So when am I getting my breakfast?" Dongwoo asked curiously.

Ji Ju jumped before relaxing at the sight of her amused friend. "Don't scare me like that." She frowned. "I would have burned breakfast then."

"Not my fault you're easily scared." He teased.

"It is your fault with your ninja skills sneaking in without a sound." She sighed. "It'll be ready in a moment."

And just like that, a plateful of food was set right in front of Dongwoo. He blinked at it a moment before smiling widely and thanking her for the food and graciously digging in. She grinned and started eating herself. After she finished, she grabbed her jacket and started for the door.

Dongwoo looked at her curiously. "Where are you going?"

"Out to look for a job." She responded.

"I'm coming." He grabbed his jacket too and slipped his shoes on. "Seoul's dangerous 24/7."

"Aww~, so you do care!" She poked at him jokingly. "I was totally right!"

"Don't push it, or you can go by yourself." He warned.

"Yeah, yeah, let's go~!"


Ji Ju scanned her head around the huge city around her in amazement. "Wah, I wonder where should we start?" She stared at a grocery store down the street. "Maybe there?"

"Nope." Dongwoo shook his head and steered her to a different direction. "That store usually gets robbed by gangs often. You don't want to be a hostage, do you?"

So that was the cycle the duo followed. Ji Ju would point to a place of employment she was interested in and Dongwoo would shake his head in disapproval and complain about the dangerous neighborhood, low pay, or its filthiness.

After travelling around the city at least twice, they rested on a park bench. Ji Ju frowned and stared ahead. "I'm starting to think it's impossible to get employed here..."

"It is." Dongwoo agreed.

She pouted. "There's got to be a place where I can work. Safe. Decent pay. That's all I'm asking for!" She sagged low in her seat in frustration.

Sensing her anger, Dongwoo patted her shoulder in comfort and managed to earn a small smile of thanks. Pulling out his wallet, he handed her some money. "Here. Go buy us some ice cream. It's on me. Chocolate please~"

She stared at the money like it was a foreign object. "But I don't want to impose on you anymore..."

He rolled her eyes and pushed her in the direction of the ice cream shop. "You can pay me back when you get a job. And don't stay in there too long or the manager will start hitting on you!"

She grinned happily and skipped along without another word of complaint. He smiled a bit and leaned his head back. So this was what it was like having a friend? Wasn't bad at all. He should've started making more friends earlier.


Ji Ju went up to the counter and beamed at the cashier. "Um, one chocolate ice cream cone and a vanilla one too, please."

"Sure." The man behind the counter beamed at her. He scrutinized her before commenting. "You're not from around here are you?"

"Eh? How can you tell?" Ji Ju asked.

"Dunno. Just can. Better not stay around here too long. Our manager is one with the ladies." He lowered his voice. "But the ladies sure don't like him."

Ji Ju giggled lightly. "Thanks..." She read his name tag. "...Hoya?"

He beamed. "That's me!" He handed her the ice cream cones in exchange for the money. "And you are?"

"Ji Ju. See you around!" She left the store in a hurry to deliver the ice cream to Dongwoo before the ice cream melted and before the manager could find her.

"Bye~"

She was just about to reach the park when she was stopped by a strange looking man. "Excuse me, miss? Do you know the way to the park?"

"Oh sure. Just follow me!" A just in the moment she turned her back on him, he grabbed her. Dropping the ice cream cones, she started hitting him in a series of kicks and punches, all with a barrage of screams for help. Tears welled up in her eyes when she started losing energy, and fear of what the man would do to her.


Dongwoo tapped impatiently on the park bench. There was a feeling of dread that he just couldn't match. Something was terribly wrong, but what? Ji Ju was taking an awfully long time just to get two ice cream cones. In a fit of nerves, he jumped up and started heading for the ice cream shop. Damn, it better be just the greasy manager flirting on her that was wasting his time.

But a short walk's distance revealed two small ice cream cones, one chocolate and one vanilla, swished to the ground. That and a man dragging a screaming girl to a dark alley. Angered at his "friend" in danger, he ran to the assailant and delivered a punch to the face, and pulled Ji Ju away from harm's way. He stared at the guy.

"What do you think you're doing, a girl in broad daylight?" He snarled.

"What a boyfriend?" The man smirked. "Son you gonna be sorry for scarring my face."

"Please, it was already ugly when I punched it, a few more punches ain't gonna make a difference." Dongwoo retorted and knocked him  swiftly off his legs and knocking him out.

He turned to Ji Ju and gently hugged her. "You alright?"

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." She murmured between tears.

"I really can't leave you alone anytime, can I?" He smiled and tugged her along.

"Where are we going?" She sniffled.

"To buy another ice cream cone. Though I only have money left for one. Sharing isn't that bad, right?" Dongwoo patted her head. "I'm your friend right, JuJu?"

Ji Ju wiped the remaining tear and smiled. "Thanks, dinosaur oppa~"


"YAH! You're hogging it all!" JuJu frowned as Dongwoo most of the ice cream. Though they had fought over the ice cream flavor, they met somewhere in the middle: strawberry.

"I bought it~" He teased as he it again.

"But I haven't even tasted it yet!" She frowned. "For a dinosaur, you're greedy when it comes to food."

"YAH!" Dongwoo smiled and handed her the cone, to which she happily.