Dino Battle

"RAWR!" Goes The Dinosaur

Taemin whistled slowly, slightout out of admiration for Dongwoo's strength and courage, and out of sympathy for the consequences he would have to pay. He turned to Ji Ju and whispered softly into her ear, thorougly enjoying watching her squirm in unease. "Woah~. Your boyfriend must care for noona a lot to get killed for you." Before she could even protest that Dongwoo was nothing more than a close friend, he beamed sadistically  "But after hyung is through with him, you'll only have me."

Just as Taemin had predicted, Minho sprang expertly back onto his feet without missing a beat. He straightened himself to stand his full intimidating height and regarded Dongwoo with an amused, fiery glare. Minho cracked his knuckles, each crack resonating loudly in Dongwoo's ears as he imagined each crack to be the breaking of the bones in his body, one by one. He inwardly shuddered, but firmly stood his ground and kept a steady gaze at his opponent.

All the while Minho was watching his prey with close observation and with unnerving patience and a quiet air about him, which made him all the more dangerous. The tense silence was finally broken when his deep voice rumbled out of his throat. "You know, I've fought many cocky, stupid, weaklings in my laugh and pummeled them to bits each and every time. But you seem like a challenge, so let's hope you're worthy my time."

Before Dongwoo could make a move of his own, Minho was already upon him and throwing pack filled punches left, right, up, down, everywhere. He dodged them fluidly, all the while analyzing his enemy's movements for any surprise kicks or uppercuts that could appear out of the blue. Worried about Ji Ju, the dino snuck a secret glance at her to confirm her safety at the moment: she was still under Taemin's firm grip. He growled in irritation, but his attention was pulled back into the fight when Minho successfully landed a punch on hsi shoulder.

"Keepin' your eye on the girl?" Minho taunted. "Don't worry, Taemin will keep her nice and safe until this fight draws a winner." He added a confident smirk. "Which I can guarantee I will be."

Dongwoo frowned and landed a steel hard punch on Minho's abdomen, to which he stumbled backwards and swore angrily from the pain. "I just want Ji Ju back. I don't want any trouble."

"Too late." Minho executed a surprise kick to the dino's shin. "You're already knee deep in it."

Just as Dongwoo was considering the situation hopeless, who would have caught his eye sneakily creeping towards Taemin and JuJu but Infinite. His eyes widened slightly in alarm, but he kept a mask of indifference when he saw Sungyeol motion him not to do anything to give them away. At least he wouldn't have to worry about JuJu, she was in safe hands. He continued avoiding Minho's brutal fists with ease, though he allowed himself a small release of breath as a sigh of relief for help.

"You seem too relaxed." Minho stated, his eyebrows scrunched together in mild annoyance. "Don't think because you landed a few punches on me, that you can actually beat me, a member of SHINee."

Dongwoo remained silent, all the while streaming all the prescise techniques and moves that his old martial arts teacher had taught him. He stoically remained impassive as he patiently waited for some sort of opening to end this fight and be done with it. Miraculously, there was one small moment in time when Minho let his guard down and left a pressure point in then neck open. Ignoring a punch delivered to his chest, he reached forward and applied pressure to said point until he sprawled unconscious on the floor. Knowing he was defeated, Minho scrunched in disgust at his defeat. "Damn...."

Taemin, taken back by the different outcome than he had expected, and scowled in displeasure. "Looks like your dino boyfriend was stronger than he looks."

"Of course he's stronger than he looks! All dinosaurs are!" Ji Ju retorted, then noticed her error and corrected it with a slight pink fringe on her pale cheeks. "How many times do I have to say he's just a close friend!"

"Denying it-" Taemin felt Ji Ju being yanked away from him and who he expected to be the dino, was the full group of Infinite glaring down at him. "If it isn't the goody gang."

"Well, well. We found the maknae of SHINee kidnapping our friend." Woohyun lazily drawled.

Sungjong had a protective grip tightly around Ji Ju's wrist. His eyes met Taemin's and snuck out his tongue childishly. "Ji Ju is MY noona~!"

Taemin hissed, already a feeling a sense of doom as he calculated how much damange Infinite and an angry dinosaur could do to him. Things weren't looking up for him...

"Taemiiiinnn~!" A familiar voice called out, and Taemin sighed in relief at his chance of being saved.

Three guys walked into the scene, and surveyed the area with utter distaste. The maknae of SHINee grinned at the sight of his other hyungs who always had good timing to save him. "Hyungs!"

"Taemin-ah, what the hell happened?" The guy with sharp distinctive features asked as he narrowed his eyes at his injured dongseng knocked out on the ground and made the connection with the rival gang, Infinite.

"He did it!" Taemin pointed all the blame at Dongwoo who was breathing heavily from the most tiring workout of his life. "I just took a noona and they beat up Minho hyung!"

"Infinite..." The man, possibly the leader, who had a sunny smile before etched on his face had frowned and murmured as he regarded his rival gang.

"You're gonna pay for what you did to Minho-ah." Dongwoo stared as a guy, who looked freakishly similar to himself with dinosaur aspects (oh God, he sounded just like JuJu) threatened. The guy met eyes with Dongwoo and smirked sinisterly. "Starting with you."

"WAH! He looks like you Jonghyun!" The stylish man exclaimed.

"Looks like we'll have to postpone that fight with Big Bang tonight, boys." The leader stated. "Let's go, Key, Jonghyun."

"Man. And I was looking forward to getting revenge on those Big Bang bastards, Onew hyung..." Jonghyun shook his head in disappointment. "

Leader Gyu could sense the starts of a battle starting, so he nudged Sungjong and Hoya and quietly whispered instructions so that no one else could hear. "Take Ji Ju some place safe until the fight cools down. Things are about to get ugly."

The two members nodded obediently and escorted her discreetly so that SHINee wouldn't notice their leave. Fortunately, Sunggyu's wisdom enlightened him just at the right time because the battle between the two gangs (and Dongwoo) had begun. Ji Ju scaredly looked at all the men fighting fiercely with each other, but her eyes landed on Dongwoo, who was busy handling himself against the other dinosaur.

"DONGWOO!" She shouted loudly, so as to be heard over the shouting. His ears perked up at his name and his gaze intersected hers. She beamed hopefully and raised her white fist, tightly clenched and shaking from fright. "FIGHTING!"

He grimly nodded and ushered her to go, and just like that she was whisked away from his sight, safe.

Jonghyun punched him in the jaw and smirked triumphantly. "Looks like I'm not the only dinosaur around here." Dongwoo wiped some blood that had trailed from his mouth and aimed a punch to which Jonghyun blocked and clenched Dongwoo's fist in his own.

"Rawr~!"

 


Return of the cheesy 'rawr' line! xD My goal in every chapter is try to put rawr in it, someway or other.

Sorry I haven't updated. School just started and I'm trying to balance schoolwork + clubs + sports + service + studying + updating chapters. So please bare with me if I'm not updating, plus it takes me like a long time to compose one chapter, so I'll try my best.

Dongwoo has the cutest laugh ever. <3 I like people who make me laugh, and when Dongwoo laughs, I laugh so it works out. And he's a dino, so added bonus! :3 And he speaks English to some degree. :) YES I CAN FLY ACROSS THE WORLD TO SOUTH KOREA AND STALK HIM. Maybe he'll understand some words like "I love you", "You're cute", "dinosaur" "" . I can only dream.

I'm kidding about the part by the way. I think Hoya has more chance of being with Dongwoo than me. T^T LOL, it's true though. I watch Sesame player and they're always together, Dongya, or is it Howoo or something like that. Rappers Got Married! :D