Self-Appointed Heroes

"RAWR!" Goes The Dinosaur

After much deliberation over the ice cream shop with the erted manager or the cafe that regularly got robbed by dangerous gangs who always held hostages at gunpoint, Dongwoo had no choice but to have Ji Ju work at the ice cream shop, much to his distaste. Despite the disadvantage of having the boss pathetically make moves on Ji Ju every day, the ice cream shop was close to the restaurant Dongwoo worked at. Conveniently, Dongwoo could pick up JuJu after their shifts were over and walk her home for protection.

Though, the y manager no doubt still pissed him off. As Ji Ju cheerfully skipped to the ice cream shop, he made sure to keep up with her at a brisk pace. She was clad in a casual pair of skinny jeans and t-shirt, paid at a reasonable price with Dongwoo's connections to an ahjumma who owned a boutique.

As they reached the ice cream shop, a handsome young man was busily wiping away at the dirty windows. JuJu, recognizing him from the day before, ran up to say hello. "Hi, Hoya!"

He turned around in surprise. "Ji Ju??"

Dongwoo reached up and glanced suspiciously at Hoya. "You two know each other?"

Ji Ju smiled. "He was just the cashier when I came to get ice cream yesterday, remember? Hoya, this is Dongwoo!"

Hoya held out his hand in a friendly gesture to which Dongwoo shook after some seconds of deliberation. "So what are you two here for? More ice cream?" Hoya questioned.

"No, I'm here for the job opening." Ji Ju chirped.

Hoya raised a questioning eyebrow and turned to Dongwoo. "You do know the erted manager preys on young girls like Ji Ju, right?"

"Only job where you don't have the risk of getting shot." Dongwoo shrugged. He examined Hoya from head to toe, and smiled. He met many people from walking through the streets before, and always knew how to pick the good guys from the evil villains. His gut was telling him this guy was good. "But I think I can trust you to keep the manager from doing any harm to JuJu, right?"

"I'll do my best." Hoya grinned.

The two continued talking with earnest enthusiasm as Ji Ju rolled her eyes secretly at the two. She mused how Dongwoo was such a loner, yet here he was chatting to Hoya as if they were old friends. What a bromance.

"Anyway, I better get going or I'll be late for work." Dongwoo turned to look sternly at Ji Ju. "You stay in the shop until I come to pick you up, alright?"

"Got it~."

"I'll see you guys later then." Dongwoo ruffled her hair affectionately before taking off.

"Sooo~" Hoya whistled. "Is he your brother?"

"Nope."

"...Then your boyfriend?" Hoya suggested.

"No, just close friends." JuJu stated.

"You sure? You two seem way closer than just to be friends." Hoya wondered aloud.

"Like I said, close friends!" She insisted.

"Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts." Hoya smirked.

Ji Ju stood confused at what he was insinuating. "Wah? What do you mean by that?"

"Not telling~"


Throughout the day, Ji Ju juggled serving all the customers while dodging her boss's creepy behavior.

"Miss, can I have a double scoop cookies and cream cone, please?"

"Right away, mam!"

"Oh, Ji Ju-ah~!" Mr. Nam sang. He came towards her and flung himself at her arm. "Don't you look so cute today! Ah~, your skin is so smooth! Like an angel!"

"Er, Mr. Nam, I have to work right now...could you get off me?"

"Oh of course! Whenever you need a break, please come to my office~!" He winked at her and skipped away to his office.

"....Somehow I expected worse." Ji Ju told Hoya.

He laughed and worked the cash register. "He's a funny man. You'd think he'd be a jerk and rip us off when our paychecks come, but he's actually quite generous when it comes to money." He checked the overflowing trash can and winced. "Hey, Ji Ju? Can you throw the trash away? There's a dumpster in the back, just go through the back door."

"Sure." She tied the trash bag in a knot and carried the heaping bag to the back door. Once she opened the door, the cold night air stung her. She shivered in her thin t-shirt that barely kept her warm. Funny how times fly when you're busy with work. The dark alley sent shivers down her spine, with dim lights that played with her eyes. She could have sworn that she saw shadows dancing around her when she heaved the dumpster door open and threw the bag inside. Brushing any grime from her hands, she was about to go back in when she heard voices.

She immediately hid behind the dumpster in instinct and peeked her head to see two dark figures a few yards ahead of her.

"You have the money?" The deep voice asked. Her body shook when the dim light allowed her to see how big he was: body filled with steel muscles, how his tall stature menacingly looked down on anyone smaller, and the cold killer look in his eyes.

"As long as you it." The second man's voice was oily slick, which also described him in general. Thin with distrusting eyes that slithered back and forth across the alley. He was nervous, judging from the way his feet were shuffling.

"Here." The scary giant handed something to the smaller figure. As the dull lighting gave Ji Ju her glance, she gasped. Drugs. Realizing just how bad this situation was, she struggled with a plan to escape. Make a run for it? Or just hide until they go away? Unfortunately, her reaction gained attention.

"What was that?" The small man pulled something out of his pocket. A gun, a knife, it didn't really matter, she knew it was dangerous.

"Someone's listening in on us." The hulky man also drew something from his pocket, and it . Ji Ju gulped. It was a gun.

"Show yourself now!" The small man squeaked. Another click. Just her luck to have two guns after her.

The tense silence was followed quickly by steps against the pavement clicking their way towards her. Ji Ju shook in fear at the thought of her dying this very moment.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" They found her. Two guns were aimed at her as small tears trailed down her cheeks.

"I-I-I didn't see anything. I won't tell anyone." She stuttered, as she stared death in the face.

"Oh lala~, such a pretty girl. Such a shame we can't trust you." The greasy man cooed. "You wanna play with her first?" He offered to his partner in crime. The thug grinned, revealing all his crooked ugly teeth.

"I'll gladly oblige." He yanked her to her feet roughly.


Dongwoo was walking to the ice cream shop at a leisurely pace when he was consumed by a feeling of dread. He stopped and looked around him. The street was abnormally calm, and that was always strange. The last time he had such a bad gut feeling was when the last tragedy happened....the one that chained him to this dangerous city probably for the rest of his life.

This feeling only came to warn something being taken away from him forever. The first time his family, and this time?

Ji Ju...her face flashed across his mind as he took off running.

He couldn't let it happen again.


"P-P-Please just let me go!" Ji Ju screamed, though to no avail. She closed her eyes in acceptance that no one was coming to help her, and this was the end of the line. "Please..." She whispered softly.

"I suggest that you bastards let go of her." A suave voice suggested from the darkness before her captor's steel firm grip on her slipped and she was in the saving arms of a feminine, but cute boy nonetheless.

"Hi, noona!" He smiled cutely and rushed her safely away from the battle. "Are you ok?"

She nodded her head mutely and stared ahead as three undeniably good looking guys fought the two villains, effortlessly throwing hard punches and kicks.

"Sungjong? Ji Ju! Are you ok?" Hoya rushed through the back door and worriedly checked for any wounds.

"Hi hyung!" Sungjong cheerfully greeted his older friend. "The other hyungs could use some help..."

"Be right back." Hoya entered the battle running in and successfully landing a drop kick to the sleazy man.

"How do you two know each other?" Ji Ju asked, bewildered.

Sungjong brushed that matter casually with a swipe of his hand. "Oh we knew each other since we were young. We're all in a gang together."

"JUJU!" She heard a panicked male voice call her name, and then she engulfed in a tight hug. "Are you alright? Damn, what happened?!"

She smiled into the hug. It made her feel warm, comfortable and loved. And she shyly couldn't deny that he smelled good. "I'm alright, Dongwoo. These guys saved me."

Dongwoo scrutinized Sungjong intensely. "You...?"

"And my hyungs." He stated. He glanced at how intimately Dongwoo and Ji Ju were before sighing. "Damn it, noona already has a boyfriend." 

"Where's Hoya? He was supposed to look out for Ji Ju!" The angered dinosaur temper broke out as he lashed around for the main suspect.

"Wassup, man?" Hoya came back bruised, but still looking quite normal considering he'd just been a heavy fight. The two drug dealers laid knocked out on the floor, bloodied all over.

"What happened?" Dongwoo finally asked, choosing to calm down instead of allowing his temper to consume him.

"Just fought some drug dealers. Rescued Ji Ju." Hoya panted.

"Yah, Hoya! You haven't introduced us to the beautiful girl in front of us." Woohyun jabbed Hoya in the ribs and winked seductively at Ji Ju.

"This is Ji Ju. And Dongwoo." Hoya introduced.

But Woohyun was much more interested in getting to know more of Ji Ju. "Hello there cutie~" That earned a bonk on the head from Dongwoo.

"Oh, overprotective boyfriend much?" Woohyun teased.

"I'm just a close friend." He said.

"Which means she's very single and available." Woohyun exclaimed in happiness. And his happiness died out when Dongwoo bonked him hard again.

"Ignore the of the group. He's the son of Mr. Nam." Sungjong said.

"Hey!"

"So, you're a gang?" Ji Ju asked, afraid once again at the prospect of a dangerous gang in her presence. Numerous times Dongwoo had warned her that gangs were not to be trusted.

"We are Infinite, more of a hero group that a stealing, robbing, evil-doing gang." Hoya stated proudly. "Tell him Sunggyu hyung!" He nudged the leader to talk.

"I'm Sunggyu, leader of Infinite. We're just good guys trying to do good. Fight off the bad gangs and rescue the weak." He smiled sadly. "Like everyone in the city, we got sick of the crap we had to deal with in this dangerous city so we decided to do something against it. Nice to meet you~!" His melancholy look was replaced with a more cheerful smile at the end.

"I'm Woohyun!" Woohyun exclaimed.

"Sungyeol!" The tall, but childish looking guy introduced.

"L." The silent handsome man stated but offered a shy smile towards Ji Ju.

"And I'm Sungjong, noona~!" The cute maknae of the group grinned at her.

"You'll pay for this." The scary giant rose again rasped as he growled and ran towards the group before Dongwoo sprang into action and took him down in one fell swoop. With a last punch to the head, the drug dealer collapsed to the ground.

"Whoa, he has skills!" Sungjong whistled gleefully as he clapped in amazement. All of Infinite's eyes were turned to Dongwoo as he nonchalantly stood up and brushed off.

Dongwoo shrugged. "When you're alone in this crappy city you learn how to fight."

Sunggyu stared seriously at Dongwoo. "You know, we could use another member in the team. We could use another fighter on the team."

The danger of fighting in a "heroic" gang when there were millions of evil gangs out there was definitely high. His life would be completely altered from the safe haven of loneliness to be putting himself at risk. He stared Ji Ju and frowned. Since she was with him, she would be putting herself at risk too. Such an innocent girl didn't deserve to exposed to such violence.

"I'll think about it." Dongwoo stated, turning down the offer as politely as he could imagine.

Sunggyu followed his gaze towards Ji Ju and nodded his head in understanding. "I understand." He patted Dongwoo's back. "But I have a feeling we'll still see each other around often."

"I do too." Dongwoo scowled. "Considering all your members are flirting with her."

"Noona, you think I'm the cutest of them all right?" Sungjong pouted.

"But I'm definitely the iest with my abs, right?" Woohyun declared.

"You can't deny my charisma~" Sungyeol sang.

"You don't have to stay with that dinosaur Dongwoo over there! You can stay with me!" Woohyun offered but froze in fear once he felt a firm grip on his shoulder from the dinosaur himself.

"RAWR!"


I couldn't help myself in the ending. :3 Maybe it'll grow as my trademark or something like that.

On to more important news OHMYGOSH, Infinite dropped their 1st albume with the title track mv "Be Mine." If you're an inspirt (like me :D) please support them by watching it, I think it's awesome and shows a way...hotter side of them: Infinite-Be Mine. Hopefully this one can actually win an award to show them just how talented they are.

And I'm a big blackjack, and 2ne1 is releasing good songs everywhere. ^.^ I am the best is so addictive I never get tired of listening to it or watching their performances. And now they just dropped the cartoon MV for "Hate You". Maybe this is the year of 2ne1 after all. "Ugly" should be coming out soon and I'm excited.

Super Junior teasers for their 5th album dropped out with Eunhyuk first. and are set to drop every teaeser picture until their comeback. I'm really excited since Kibum's back. (He's the first one I fell for...or maybe it was Yesung...Yesung or Kibum...or both :P)