Intrigue

"RAWR!" Goes The Dinosaur

"So who was that girl who was here earlier? She seemed," Jonghyun smirked sadistically as he watched Dongwoo stiffen uncomfortably and his jaw clenched tightly. After having been in so many battles with SHINee, Jonghyun always found it amusing to piss off his opponent so they would be more aggressive or impulsive. It was always much more fun that way. Though, to be honest, Jonghyun did find that girl intriguing. He could have sworn she had been in his life sometime or other, but he just couldn't put his finger on it, and it mildly irritated him. "interesting~." He performed a perfect backflip to dodge Dongwoo's clenched fist.

"She stays out of this." Dongwoo growled roughly as he stared Jonghyun down. He was tired, aching from head to toe, and he wanted nothing better than to find Ji Ju and head home.

"Quite the protective one, aren't you?" Jonghyun snickered as he swiftly stabbed his enemy fatally in the abdomen with his fist enclosed tightly, a deadly move to officially end the brief fight, just as his years of training in martial arts had taught him to do. "Game over~."

Jonghyun smiled wickedly, resembling a T-Rex bearing its pearly white teeth. Dongwoo let out a low groan of pain as he clenched his abdomen in pain and fell forward onto the ground. Confidently and cockily, Jonghyun strided with challenging swagger to his defeated opponent and whispered in his ear. "Let's go see where that girl went, shall we?" He watched in bemusement at Dongwoo struggling to get up despite his heavily injured body. He straightened himself up and stomped his foot onto Dongwoo's back.

Dongwoo refused to let his enemy get the satisfaction of hearing his screams of pain, so he bit his lips to keep the pain locked in, until it bled. Jonghyun chuckled lightly. "You're a tough one aren't you? Guess you look like a dinosaur for a reason." His voice was light, as if making a funny joke with a long time friend. "But it takes a lot to beat the best."

Dongwoo watched through heavy eyelids as Jonghyun strided calmly towards the direction JuJu had taken. It angered him greatly to be laying helplessly as he knew the danger JuJu was in.

He kept imagining Ji Ju's shaking in fear over and over before he involuntarily slipped into blankness.


"Sungjong, take Ji Ju somewhere safe. I'm going back." Hoya ordered his dongseng after guidely them safely to the quieter parts of the city.

"What about you, hyung?" Sungjong whimpered.

Hoya frowned and looked back to the directions of his comrades. "They're facing SHINee, Sungjong-ah. SHINee are fighting machines, we don't stand a chance against them. The only reason we made the decision to face them in the first place was to get Ji Ju out of there."

Ji Ju looked guiltily down on the floor with her lips pursed into a scowl. What a useless person she was. She was ultimately helpless and always putting her friends in peril.

Sungjong noticed his noona's downcasted eyes and lifted her chin up to look into his eyes. "Noona, we're doing this because we're friends right? That's what chingus do for each other. You always treated our wounds from gang fights, we protect you from scum."

Hoya nodded in agreement. "Stay safe you guys. Sungjong, you know the drill. And Ji Ju," She looked up questioningly at him. "I've got Dongwoo's back." He winked and she shyly smiled in gratitude. Without another word, Hoya raced back to his friends, entrusting Ji Ju to the maknae.

"Come on, noona. We'll head to Infinite's hideout. Better not to stay in the treats where other gangs can recognize me." Sungjong cheerily chirped, dragging Ji Ju along. While they were making their way through the crowd formed from the nightmarkets, Ji Ju kept looking behind her back, hoping that Dongwoo and the rest of Infinite were catching up to them with grins on their faces. But instead she only saw depressed ahjusshis, emotionless hookers, and scowling ahjummas.

She didn't when it happened or even how, but she became aware that Sungjong's smooth hand was no longer enclosed around hers. She whipped her head back and forth to try and find him, but the crowd didn't open up to reunite him with her. She was on the brink of panic, after all she had met SHINee, a notorious gang, and now she was lost in the city. Sungjong's name wanted to escape , but she was smart enough not to so as not to draw attention of Sungjong's presence to other gangs or bait anyone dangerous to herself.

A rough hand enclosed around her small wrist, and Ji Ju's heart almost leapt for joy of being found by her friend. But the tightness of the crowd didn't display her friend who would scold her, but hid the figure dragging her away from the crowds. That's when Ji Ju finally realized something. Sungjong's hands were smooth; she would know since he always boastingly brag to her about his lotion. These hands were rough, larger and more calloused. Before she could slip out of the stranger's grasp and make a run for it, she was being dragged into an alleyway, away from any other witnesses.

"Who are you?" She whimpered, already frightened as the lsit of possibilities of what could happen to her ran in her head.

"I should be asking you that." The voice suavely answered. As she squinted to see this stranger holding her, she recognized him as the scary SHINee member, Jonghyun, the one who ironically looked like a dinosaur just like Dongwoo.

"Dino..." She murmured thoughtfully as a forgotten memory entered her head.

Jonghyun chuckled lightly. "Were you hoping it was that other Infinite dino?"

Ji Ju felt a stirring in her stomach, not of fear but of some feeling of...familiarity. Here she was, in front of this dangerous SHINee member who could easily hurt her withotu so much as a second thought, but she wasn't the least afraid, rather curious. She was too embaressed because of the childish reason she seemed to trust him, but his dino looks do seem to make her less fearful.

Jonghyun observed this girl in front of him with mixed feelings. Troubled memories from the past that he had vowed to keep buried resurfaced to him. A cute little girl with messy pigtails who always beamed at him and called him 'oppa', who always constantly called him dino, dinosaur, something along those lines. The girl he missed terribly and who he regretted not saving.

"What's your name?" Jonghyun demanded as he tightened his grip on Ji Ju's wrist, not too roughly but not too gently either.


I am back~! Sorry I didn't update. School takes the life out of me. =.= Onto something more important than me, INFINITE WON TWO AWARDS! ABOUT TIME! I was so happy for them! *happy dance* They deserved it, and now they're finally getting the recognition they deserve. I take pride in being an inspirit now.

Paradise~, I loveeeee it. Seriously, Infinite is one of the bands that never disappoint me at all (besides SHINee xD). If I were to become a trainee, screw the big companies, I wanna go to Woolliment. :3 And they got a new dorm, things are definitely looking up for them. Dongwoo is looking mighty fine in the MV, like a boss.

In the other chapter where I mentioned Sesame Player, I'm surprised that like EVERYONE watched it. Lolz. x3 It was so funny how they always ran away and had "Scout Dongwoo" spy on the managers for them. And everyone says that HoyaxDongwoo pairing is Yadong....doesn't yadong mean ?! xD

Infinite Fighting!