LONELY LONELY LONELY No More~

"RAWR!" Goes The Dinosaur

"See ya tomorrow kid."

"See ya tomorrow boss." Dongwoo nodded a respectful salute directed towards his employer before slinging his jacket over his shoulder to take his leave. Nudging the back door open with his foot, he ventured into the dark alley as he made his way home. Granted, the alleyways were good shortcuts but mostly infested with dangerous gang members who were either out for blood, money, or both. Though, that was no trouble for Dongwoo, who was born off the streets and new its tricky ways.

When being passed by Infinite, who always wandered around this section of Seoul, Dongwoo made sure to keep his eyes closed in on the ground. Even a mere glance at Infinite was a challenge to fight. Dongwoo was strong, but not strong enough to take on all of them.

es lined up his route to home. The scantily clad women shamelessly winked at him seductively. He didn't spare them another glance. He pitied those whose only source of money was to get laid by strangers. But those who chose the lifestyle for the hell of it were scum to him, end of story.

He saw the familiar outlines of his apartment complex and continued at a leisurely pace. He caught a glimpse of a young girl, probably around his age, sitting in front of the building as if looking for someone. He sighed: looked like the es were gathering in front of his apartment building again looking for "clients". Just showed what kind of neighborhood he lived in.

In an attempt to ignore her, he tried as quickly as possible to get inside when she grabbed hte bottom of his jeans. She looked at him inquiringly with big eyes but he wasn't moved. "Look, I don't have any money and I'm not in the mood for getting laid today. Go to another district where there are rich s for you to do business with."

"I was just wondering if I could possibly stay with you?"

Dongwoo harshly stared at her and shook his head. "What makes you think I'll let you? And isn't it unsafe to ask a stranger if you could stay with them?"

"You look like my oppa." She grinned cutely. "Just like a dinosaur."

That comment made Dongwoo stare at her in utter confusion. Damn, did he make a mistake and this was one of those crazies living off the street?

"That better be a compliment or for sure you're sleeping on the streets tonight." He retorted.

"It's definitely a good thing." The girl smiled. "I trusted oppa and he looked like a dinosaur. I can obviously trust you because you look like a dinosaur."

"What a stupid reason to trust a stranger." He snorted.

"Dinosaurs are good people." She insisted. "I won't be a bother to you at all! I promise! I just need a place to stay for awhile until I can find my oppa. I'll find a job so you won't have to feed me. I won't annoy you at all, you won't even know I'm there!"

Normally, when Dongwoo was offered chances of companionship (which he never really received....) he would turn it down immediately. His privacy was the number one priority on his list, and anyone who threatened that was turned away. But something about this girl changed his train of thought. Maybe she evoked pity out of him. It would be sorrowful to see such an innocent (albeit crazy) girl be broken by the clutches of the dangerous Seoul city. She kinda reminded him of himself when he was younger: struggling all alone...

He sighed and scratched his head; he was gonna regret this. "Jang, Dongwoo." He introduced himself.

The girl grinned that he was able to win him over. "Kim, Jin Ju!" She looked at him momentarily before flashing that dazzling smile. "My friends call me JuJu!"

Dongwoo was stunned by her words. JuJu...a friend.


"I can't believe I'm letting some crazy girl live with me. Just because she belives I'm a dinosaur. This is stupid, retarded..." Dongwoo mumbled under his breath as he led the way up the staircase to the 3rd floor where he resided. If you thought this apartment complex had enough money to install an elevator think again.

"I'm not crazy!" Jin Ju pouted as she jabbed him in the arm. "And it's true! Dinosaurs are good people!"

"Yeah? How so?"

"You let me stay with you for a while right?" She stated.

Dongwoo frowned, as her point was easily taken. "I could you when you're not looking."

"But you wont't~!" She sang in a cheerful voice. Despite how broken the building was, with bits of brick shattered around the floor, and flickering lights all over the hallways, it was a perfect home to her. Anything was better than the streets.

"Here's home." Dongwoo opened the door with the key and the door aside for her to see her new abode. She smiled and walked in. The apartment was a bit messy, she had to admit, but nothing she couldn't fix.

"You live here alone by yourself? Doesn't it hurt to be lonely?" She asked, as she started cleaning away the mess on the floor.

"Used to it." He said stiffly before retreating to his bedroom.

JuJu, guilty that her words had a bad affect on her new friend, decided to make some dinner to cheer him up. Only finding ramen in the cupboards and some vegetables in the fridge, she decided to make stir fry noodles.

Dongwoo, smelling the delicious aroma he only smelled at restaurants, came out from his bedroom with a growling stomach waiting to be satisfied. He watched her make the stir fried noodles and couldn't help but grin a bit. Maybe having someone around wasn't so bad afterall.

Once JuJu got a plate for Dongwoo and herself, the sat down on the couch to eat up. She stared as he took the first bite. Noticing this, he sent her a question look. "What?"

"I wanna see if you like it or not." She admitted.

Dongwoo chuckled and dug into it. "It's pretty damn good." He said.

JuJu's eyes brightened at the compliment. "Really?"

"Eat up." He commanded before sending her a teasing smile. "Before I eat it all."

"Fine~!" She started eating in, happy for food that she hadn't eaten in a while.

"So tell me," Dongwoo started. "How'd you end up on the streets?"

Jin Ju tilted her head thoughtfully. "When umma and appa divorced, appa got custody of me and umma got custody of oppa." Her eyes saddened a bit. "Appa just went missing one day. I couldn't find him anywhere. So I went out to look for oppa and umma. Maybe I could stay with them..."

Dongwoo felt his heart ache in sympathy all over again. He patted her comfortably on the back. "I've been alone since the beginning, if that helps."

"We both have such sob stories don't we?" Jin Ju hiccuped. Dongwoo panicked at the first start of tears started sliding down her cheeks. He could handle gangs, surviving with barely any money to scrape by, and es but he could not handle a woman's tears.

"How about you go take a shower? I'll lend you some clothes." He led her to the bathroom and gave her set of his clothes: boxer shorts and a t-shirt. Ushering her into the bathroom, he let out a sigh of relief. Close call.

He lay on his bed, thinking what a crazy mess it was to let a girl live with him, when he saw her staring ponderingly at his doorway. "I was wondering....where do I sleep?"

"You can take my bed, I'll take the couch." Dongwoo offered as he took a pillow along.

"No! This is your apartment, and I'm a guest. I'll take the couch."

"It's alright. The couch is pretty hard..."

"I insist." She sent him a stone hard glare that meant her decision was final and skipped off into the living room.

Dongwoo was about to let it slide when the guilt of letting a girl sleep on the couch got to him. Being the gentleman he was, he took her by the arm and forced her into his room.

"Yah! Maybe I was wrong about the dinosaur thing!" She said teasingly.

"Look. We can both share the bed. Just put a pillow boundary, and we're good." He said.

"But-"

"No buts." Dongwoo flopped down on his side of the pillow boundary. "Good night."

"Fine!" She pouted and laid on her side. "Good night."

Dongwoo, tired from a hard day's work, was just about to fall asleep when he heard Jin Ju's voice.

"Dongwoo?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you. You're a good dinosaur."

"..."

"Dongwoo?'

"Rawr."